Adore Reviews

Updated September 14, 2014
Updated September 14, 2014
3.4

CEO

Adore Inc. makes it easy to connect with teammates.

I have been working at Adore

Pros

Things can get pretty intense at Adore Inc., but tempers almost never flare. The sense of camaraderie and teamwork between every person is too deep to let minor disappoints boil over into counterproductive conflicts. A key to team building is having us get together outside the office for volunteer projects and game nights during which we get to know each other as real people instead of just as co-workers.

Cons

Being successful at Adore Inc. depends so much on working together to achieve common goals that we’d actually get very little done if we did not know we could rely so much on our teammates.

The people make Adore Inc. special. I’m glad to come to the office each day because it’s like meeting up with friends.

Wonderful Experience

Current Employee - Office Assistant  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Adore full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working here! Tatum has provided me with everything I need to succeed in the professional world! I feel like I have tons of room to grow and learn within this company!

I've been given a strong network for support and education, I couldn't ask for more.

Cons

None, Tatum is very understand and everyone is nice!

Keep going strong!

Scam

I worked at Adore as a contractor

Pros

Short-term money infusion if you're strapped for cash.

Cons

Total Pyramid scheme that no one really advances through. Lies in job posting for "Administrative Assistant" just to suck people in with lies about an office job when in actuality you're out in the field being a door-to-door sales person.

Get out of Pittsburgh with your scams

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nothing like what was described!!!

I worked at Adore for less than a year

Pros

The only good thing I got out of this was knowing what to avoid when searching job postings. Adore posts so many opportunities on so many job sites and they change the name of each one so it comes up in your search.

Cons

it was the biggest waste of time. I spent more money is gas needing to drive to greentree everyday for the morning meetings than I ever made working. The meetings where a waist of time. Don't let the job titles fool you when you see it. They say it's events marketing, promotions, or marketing opportunities but really it's sales...and don't let them tell you otherwise. There is a commission based portion of the pay (aka sales). I feel like it's a con to even make it sound like recent graduates could gain any marketing experience. You have to memorize a script and go to Sam's Clubs and sell products to people that wasn't really that special. There is no marketing.

The worst part is that for the amount of work you have to do you are hardly paid. Tatum (the boss) makes a ton of money off the sales that all the employees make and doesn't even let it trickle down to employees. She'll be able to retire at age 30 and everyone working at adore will still be making just over minimum wage.

Also. I can't believe that any current employees would actually go onto a job search site and post about how great the job is unless they were asked to by their boss.

Once you get in there you start to realize that a lot of the people that do like the job, seem a bit brain washed.

Just come out and tell the interviewees what they are really going to be doing. Stop trying to make them believe that it's event marketing, or marketing at all. Tell them it's sales and that they will gain some real world expedience.

Aug 6, 2014Company Owner

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about your experience with Adore Inc. We apologize for the negative experience you encountered with us. We do our best to create an environment that ... More

Scam

I worked at Adore full-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely zero pros to working with this company.

Cons

Recent grads looking for a job in marketing/PR - this place is a complete scam, so don't get excited when they call you back right away. They do about 50 interviews a day because once you realize what the job is (which isn't what they make it out to be at all), everyone quits. This job is literally setting up booths at Sam's Club and selling products. Don't let them trick you into actually believing it's a marketing company.

Why not just be honest in your hundred posts a day looking for more victims to trick? Say the job is selling random products at Sam's Club...then you'll get employers that are actually willing to do that instead of tricking people into wasting their time coming in for your 30 second interview.

Jul 28, 2014Company Owner

Thank you for describing your experience with Adore, Inc. We utilize all sources of feedback to improve our company as a whole, as well as, the team member experience. Adore, Inc. is an event-based ... More

Inspiring

I worked at Adore

Pros

Loved working with a positive group of people. The hours are flexible. The pay was good for anyone who applied themselves. I've taken some of the marketing knowledge I've learned and applied that to my current position. It's allowed me to set myself apart from others that I work with at my current position. I relocated to be closer to family, but overall enjoyed working for Adore. It's a great company for anyone looking to start a career.

Cons

Have to work some weekends.

Great People! Great Company!

I have been working at Adore full-time

Pros

I took this job after graduating in December to gain experience. It ended up being more than I ever thought it would be. I've learned so much in the past couple months and just saw someone get promoted to management. Most people in the company are eager to teach each other, because it's heavily team focused. I love working with other motivated people!

Cons

You have to be willing to put the time in upfront to advance to management quickly.

May 1, 2014Company Owner

We appreciate your feedback on our training practices. We are constantly innovating our professional development strategies, and we will ensure that your comments are considered in future changes.

Team Environment

I have been working at Adore full-time

Pros

Adore is definitely a team environment. The office environment is very positive and surrounds you with individuals who want you to succeed and are eager to put forth time and effort to help you get there. The company encourages you to be a leader by providing constant feedback, training and challenging you to improve.

Cons

You will have to sacrifice some time with your friends and or family because it is not a typical 9-5 job. It requires some early mornings and weekends, but well worth it.

Keep doing what you're doing, seriously!

I get to travel with Adore!

I have been working at Adore full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoy travelling, and working for Adore, Inc. has given me ample opportunities to travel! I got to go to Dallas for a leadership conference and networking opportunity; it was great meeting with other members of our organization from across the country. I also got to go Jamaica for our annual retreat! It was so awesome enjoying the tropical weather and the pay-off for all of my hard work!

Cons

I have experienced very little negative at Adore, Inc. I go to management with anything that I feel should be changed, and it is resolved immediately. The office culture is very proactive, and management is a clear example of that!

The culture and opportunities are great! Everything that you do is awesome!

Truly a People-Helping-People Business

Current Employee - Campaign Manager
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager

I have been working at Adore full-time for less than a year

Pros

Adore is truly much more than a job. It is an opportunity to grow professionally, personally, and financially like few other careers can offer.

What I appreciate most is the opportunity to build and maintain professional relationships. I have had experience at other companies in many levels of retail--entry level, management and administration--and I have NEVER been a part of a company that is as committed to shared knowledge, mutual benefit, and a positive team experience as Adore is. There is not a person in the business who wouldn't be willing to do whatever they can to help me succeed. And in the same respect, my FAVORITE PART of working at Adore is my own role in supporting the professional development of my peers.

At what other company have you ever worked where your leaders hold meetings for the express purpose of providing knowledge and brainstorming new ways to help YOU perform better and to help YOU succeed in reaching YOUR goals???? Because that is the level of commitment you will find among Adore's leadership to hire, coach, and develop employees to achieve their full potential.

Cons

Honestly, none. It is a win-win-win-win situation. The marketing events we hold are profitable for the retailer, the client, the consumer, and for us as well.

Some new people will complain about the workload, but it is because they do not truly understand the opportunity. I have seen people work far harder for far longer in other industries, and wind up with FAR less in the end.

Lead courageously. You already do it so well.

Tatum listens and communicates well with the entire company, striving to create a team environment that is positive and effective, continuously seeking opportunities to improve self and others, leading with trust, honesty, and integrity.

Worked for Adore? Contribute to the Community!