Adperio

Updated January 12, 2015
Updated January 12, 2015
3.2

David Asseoff

I have had a great experience working for Adperio in the short time I have been here

I have been working at Adperio full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with
    Upper management is approachable and understanding
    Fully stocked kitchen
    Early out Fridays
    Yoga Wednesdays

Cons

Have not come across any.

Great company culture with good work-life balanace

I have been working at Adperio full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule, caring management team, good work-life balance, great benefits and vacation time with possible bonus time off, happy hour gathering, 401k match, yoga in office, stocked kitchen with snacks and cereal bar.

Cons

You might be expected to be doing more than what is on your job description. Since it's a smaller company, you'll have to contribute using every skill set you have. If you are outside of the industry, it can be quite a learning curve.

Concentrate on shadowing new employees to make sure they have a solid foundation of knowledge.

Upbeat, Fun and Collaborative Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Adperio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Passionate group of employees who care about the company, ongoing product development, flexible hours and early out Fridays, great benefits including 401K match, open sharing of company data/financials, frequent company events and happy hours, opportunity to earn extra week off (xmas/ or new year's week), fully stocked kitchen.

Cons

A few less meetings during busy periods.

Possibly some more off-site training/seminars. Courses could be local with opportunities for networking and new business.

Full time employee

I have been working at Adperio full-time

Pros

Work at Adperio, and with fellow colleagues, has enabled me to learn the online marketing space. I've had the opportunity to grow in my position with the support of the management team. I feel like I'm heard when I speak about ways that could be improved within the business.

Cons

All companies have highs and lows. There is nothing at Adperio that stands out as being a con that isn't manageable.

Continue to ask your employees how you can help them succeed in their team or role.

NO training, everyone for themselves and if you can't figure it out ASAP- fired.

I worked at Adperio full-time

Pros

Great hours and co-workers- the job itself was GREAT, I loved going to work everyday and doing my job!

Cons

Learning a whole new computer system on your own and people not taking any time to work with you makes it frustrating. If you ask questions, you are ridiculed because nobody has time for you. If you try to figure it out on your own and make a mistake, you are also criticized for that as well. Apparently, you can't make anyone happy no matter how hard you work. The management is non existent- figure everything out on your own, or else.

TRAIN, give the emp. the benefit of the doubt. Set them up with a plan. Over the next week, I would like you to work on a,b and c. I will be here if you have questions. Not just set them on their own and give them pats on the back and then all of a sudden decide they aren't good enough and fire them- when it's stated in the firing "you're a hard worker and have done a great job"!

Fun work environment led by those with no industry know-how

I have been working at Adperio full-time

Pros

One paid lunch weekly - expected to remain in the office.
    Fun work environment.
    Lots of travel for work - if you like that.

Cons

Lack of salary
    Lack of advancement
    Tells their employees that they have cash reserves and when times are bad they will be fine, but at the first sign of trouble they cut essential employees.
    Upper management has no true direction.
    Too many meetings to discuss the smallest details.
    Expected to stay late even during their "summer hours".
    Conflict of interest with executives and hr personnel being related.

Look elsewhere for your next job

I worked at Adperio

Pros

Reasonable salaries compared with other companies in the industry
    Food available in kitchen area
    Nice office

Cons

Senior leadership is clueless.
    The company's strategic focus often changes every few months.
    Senior management has either fired or driven-away most of the employees with real talent.
    Very little individual autonomy. All aspects of day-to-day work are heavily controlled by senior management.
    Company is now struggling with loss of revenue and loss of market share. Just sold to a foreign media organization in order to stay afloat.

Fire yourselves and bring in leaders who know actually what they're doing.
    Work harder to retain those employees who add the most value, and not simply those who tell you what you want to hear.

Adperio struggles to succeed because of a culture of misguided bureaucracy and favoritism.

I have been working at Adperio

Pros

They gave a few hours off on Friday's during the summer. Snacks and food are readily available.

Cons

There is absolutely no career latter...unless you have been with the company for over 10 years. Promotions are in a word puzzling. Upper management seems to struggle with new ideas and has a closed door policy while preaching "transparency".

Listen to your staff's ideas and suggestions. Pay employees what they are worth (both less and more). Reevaluate if your upper management are qualified and trained to run a successful organization.

Unless you're proud to tell your friends and family that you sell spam, stay away.

I have been working at Adperio

Pros

Snacks in the kitchen. Good working hours, pretty much 9-5.

Cons

I really didn't know what the company was about until I started working there, despite my very careful vetting of the company. Basically, if you're ever on the internet and see an ad that says "click here to win an iphone", that's what these guys do. This company also loves having meetings essentially for everything, and this is no exaggeration. If you quickly want to discuss something with a co worker that will take 15 min, you're encouraged to set a meeting. I ended up having on average about 20 - 24 meetings per week. It was impossible to get my work done through out the day.

Stop all the meetings, there's just no need to have so many.