Advaiya

Add Photos

Sandeep Sharma

Excellent opportunities here...

I have been working at Advaiya

ProsAfter reading some of the negative reviews, I felt compelled to show another side of Advaiya, Inc. through the eyes of a current employee.

Advaiya has been a wonderful employer for the several years I have worked with them. Yes, we have gone through changes during a difficult economy (and reductions in force which I believe resulted in several bad reviews) but we've come out ahead as a much stronger and more focused team. I have witnessed employees come in at entry level positions and work their way up through the company. I have witnessed employees be rewarded for their hard work. I have witnessed a management team that is innovative, inspiring, and fully supportive of their employee's needs and maintains an honest, open-door policy to make sure they are met.

Advaiya provides consulting services to some of the worlds biggest industry leaders and allows its employees to work on some of the most cutting-edge technologies out there. The biggest pro for working at Advaiya is always being at the head of innovation within the technology industry - and doing so with such an amazing team of talented people.

ConsLike any company, there are downsides to working at Advaiya. One such downside is that occasionally you will need to adjust your hours so that you can communicate with team members all over the world. Also, you will occasionally be asked to step outside of your role to support other team members. Those who do well at Advaiya welcome the challenge of working with a dynamic team where their projects change from time to time and they have the flexibility to work at their own schedule. If you are looking for a standard 9-5 where you do the same thing everyday, Advaiya is probably not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe team leading Advaiya has done a great job of keeping all employees informed during company changes and making dificult decisions in a fair and open manner. I'm proud to work for them.

Most employees agree: One of the worst companies in America

I worked at Advaiya

ProsThe only pros would be the location and access to Microsoft through this job. Other than that, you would be hard pressed to find an employee with another pro

ConsUnethical business practices. Belligerent treatment of employees. Incompetent leadership. Advaiya is such a bad place to work that there is an unofficial I Hate Advaiya Club whose whole purpose is to bash the company over dinner and drinks. The number of people in attendance is usually 20-25 former and current employees. There are only about 45 active US employees - just to give you an idea. There is not a single employee who is not actively and desperately looking for a job. Avg tenure @ Advaiya is 3.5 months (seriously).

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO and COO are incompetent leaders (ie, techies with no leadership or business abilities). To salvage the company, the only alternative would be for them to walk away from active management of the co.

Management needs to value their people more and change direction less

I worked at Advaiya

ProsGreat vision, capable senior management, great professional growth if you are willing to take on more responsibility, decent renumeration, AWESOME people.

ConsAlmost all policies are knee-jerk reaction, not enough planning, forethought, roll and implementation - very shabby exectuion when rolling out policies. Too many direction changes all the time.
Sr Management will typically wait untill the person is willing to walk out to give them credit.

As a result of this - the company morale suffers.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what your people are saying, Take notice of the talent you have and show your appreciation by actions sooner than later else you will end up losing good talent.
Mingle more with them to improve company morale.

Focused consultancy that is looking for new areas of growth.

I have been working at Advaiya

ProsVery close relationship to Microsoft. Ability to work on some interesting inside projects with Microsoft. Support with work/life balance. Very flexible work environment as long as the work gets done.

ConsSalaries no longer competitive. Microsoft only focus, needs to create urgently some own IP and put real effort and time behind it. Better support for remote employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to be more open to alternative places to operate than Kirkland office - we promote UC after all. Need to devote money/time/persons to expand business to new areas.

Tied to Microsoft

I worked at Advaiya

ProsBeing close to Microsoft, working directly for internal Microsoft projects and initiatives.

ConsAdvaiya follows Microsoft. They have no direction other than to feed off the whims of Microsoft preferred vendor captial projects. There is no hope for any sustainable growth at Advaiya.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a high-end BPM, UC or BI practice around Microsoft technology. Alternatively, develop relationships with other large vendors for pre-sales and marketing services.

Absurdity, stupidity, mis-management, political and volatile environment

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Advaiya full-time for more than a year

ProsNo. There can't be any pros other than occasional jokes by CEO or book review by him (BTW, it's sarcasm).

ConsTons.
Senior management is nuts. Even told by many employees, ex-employees that you need to review your department leads (dev, consulting), even then they are not doing anything. I wonder whats the diktat.
Department leads are the most inept, incapable one. Worst part is even they cannot talk properly in English.
Political culture, fluttery (chamchagiri) is everywhere.
No space for ingenuity, innovation.
A lala/baniya company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll glitterati does not mean you are successful or going to be. Review your middle management, get on the ground (do not just sit in your chambers), walk the talk and leave the rubbish talks, give space to everyone, don't put people in experience category - sometimes interns, junior level people are even more capable than senior ones. Keep to try the good resources (people are the biggest assets) and break the political settlement & chamchagiri culture that has settled to your very roots.

Not a place to build or advance your career

I worked at Advaiya full-time for more than a year

ProsThe location is good, being at Udaipur which is rich in natural beauty

ConsThe work environment is stressful and full of negativity. The senior management is always sceptic of the opinions of the employees. All of the veteran employees are demotivated and are only sticking around because they do not want to leave Udaipur. The company does not have industry or technology specializations and take on projects of any nature. The employees rarely get projects of similar skills/requirements/domain, thus drastically affecting their skill growth and market value over time. Management still follows age-old project management techniques and believes in creating elaborate documents and complex processes. Their belief is that processes and policies are the formula to project success. The senior management layer is made up of non-IT experienced people thus it is always a challenge to make them understand technological non-feasibilities of requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementSuccessful companies are not build by reading books and talking. You need to come down from the superficial level, get your hands dirty and assess the ground-realities if you want to know what ails the company and how to fix it.
Practice some trust in your employees.
Build a dedicated sales and marketing team. Do not expect your employees to do sales. Every skill brings in certain value - recognise and celebrate them. Do not force people to fit into any role and be productive instantly.

Principal Consultant - Project management

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Advaiya full-time for more than a year

ProsOpportunity to learn new things.

ConsCity Udaipur disconnected to other major cities.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery Supportive.

Good for the Non Technical People as it has mostly of date entry and marketing Project.

Associate Developer (Current Employee)

ProsWorks on Latest Technologies
Awareness of New Technologies
Good for also Non Technical People to go in Development.

ConsNot allocate project on Technical skill as example someone is very good in programming through it has to work for data entry.
Increment not based on performance of the Project.
There is much politics in allotment of project team and all that.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do Increment and EOQ based on the performance of the Project.
And one more please ensure that Developer worked on Developing or programming project rather than Data Entry or Consulting/Marketing Project.

Fun @ work

Senior Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Advaiya full-time for more than a year

ProsIts a honor to work for a huge Client and feel proud to be a project lead of the department that i started from the scratch

ConsEmployee satisfaction is a big pain in terms of project management only

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove ambiance and HR policies

Worked for Advaiya? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advaiya reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advaiya CEO Sandeep Sharma. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Advaiya employees.