Advance Auto Parts Reviews

Reset
2.9
Advance Auto Parts CEO and Director Darren R. Jackson
Darren R. Jackson

Pros
  • If you know nothing about cars you can learn a lot (in 15 reviews)

• There are good team members working there (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • no feedback from upper management (in 69 reviews)

• The district managers only care for them selves (in 28 reviews)

1. management

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time

Pros

Access to auto parts industry

Cons

Insufficient training, no review of training, misdirection concerning career opportunities, cut throat tactics, no accountability, low integrity,

Advice to Management

Need people with integrity, really try to make it work but the worst experience of my professional career including conversations with hr and lp (lack of iintegrity).lots of "conversations off the record" to absolve accountability.

District Manager at Advance Auto Parts

Current Employee - District - Multi Unit Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - District - Multi Unit Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Leading quality Store leadership, Sales, and Delivery team members. Store team members are the hardest working group who deeply care about their performance and development opportunities. They are appreciated for all they do for our customers though are not rewarded via recognition, raises of decent amounts, or promotable opportunity.

Cons

The leadership team in the upper Midwest do not care about their team members. The region leaders have directed certain folks they want managed out due to high salary (even if high performer) to improve operating income. Also since the purchase of CARQUEST MANY unqualified CQ leaders have been put into place on the Advance side that are not qualified and are bitter in voicing the purchase of the company and their new role. Advance no longer cares about their values, they do no discuss it, and have lost what made the company great especially at Area/Regional levels in the Midwest. They say they are the biggest and can terminate anyone and it will not get in their way and they will make up false allegations if you voice against them and get rid of those folks. A region leader recently said we have shifted from doing it the Advance was to just copy O'reillys way to beat their operating income and thus cut cut cut from people, to resources, to support to grow and support our customers and team members that work so hard. IT IS NO LONGER "Service is our best part", it is now CUT COST, MAKE MORE PROFIT, CHARGE MORE, AND LEAD IN A NEGATIVE BEAT DOWN WAY TO STORE LEVEL.

Advice to Management

New leadership in the Midwest is needed.....gain quality SVPs, and RVPs that care about the team first which is what truly helps the company grow. You have lost your values and business/leadership ethics. If you look into this leadership group at a true field level and talk to DMs, GMs, CPPs, CAMs without backlash you will find the root issues in the Midwest. People need to be and deserve to be valued in our stores/field.

Horrible practices

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

There are absolutely no pros to working for advance auto parts at all. If you are thinking of getting a job there think again.

Cons

The managers make the sales associates and drivers do all of the hard work. They pay you practically minimum wage. The management will never listen to anything you say and will blame you for every little thing that goes wrong. Especially if it was their fault that something went wrong.

Advice to Management

Hire new managers that actually listen to their employees, and don't instantly blame them for every little thing that goes wrong.

Very crapy upper management. I feel like I wasn't paid what I should have been paid just because I'd my age.

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing great. I enjoyed the employees I worked with. I would advise people away from this company. . . . .

Cons

This company tries to get you to sell ice to a polar bear, even if you scam someone. Bad pay, would not make me full time because they didn't want to give me benefits; however, I was a part time worker with sometimes 1 day off out of the 7 day week and working 39.5 to 40 hours. Oh and be prepared to hold grown men's hands because they don't know how to check their own oil!

Advice to Management

Put someone into upper management that has started on the counter and knows how everything works. Quit going with some plan that looks good on "paper," because that doesn't work.

Sales

I worked at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

Flexibility, Great Employees, & 20% discount.

Cons

Advancement Opportunities, Pay, treatment of non management level employees, sales goals, & incentives.

Advice to Management

Practice more professionalism, Increase pay, and treat employees better.

Advance Auto Parts State College, PA

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in State College, PA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in State College, PA

I worked at Advance Auto Parts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only positive thing about this company is the 20% discount.

Cons

Horrible pay, terrible management, 4 managers in less than 2 years. If you work part time, hours are so inconsistent. Pay is on a credit card, and every purchase you make, costs you a $1.00.

Advice to Management

Quit hiring so many employees for one job. Find good employees and pay them more. Add more hours to the good employees you have. Find better managers and district managers.

Don't work here

Current Employee - District Leader in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - District Leader in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time

Pros

Don't work here, they're are no Pros.

Cons

Horrible RVP's who consistently Micro-Manage, de-motivate and threaten DM's on a weekly basis. If you are a mindless robot, who will work 80 hours a week and not question anything, this is the place for you

Advice to Management

Teach the RVP's how to talk to people and motivate them. Don't over complicate the job, we sell auto parts. HR managers act like handlers to protect RVPs instead of looking out for the employees.

9. Don

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Advance Auto Parts (More than 8 years)

Pros

Part time gets to pick and choose the hours to work.

Cons

Intimidated and belittled by management. Was let go just to make room for incoming personnel from a merger with another company for no real reason

Advice to Management

Get more knowledgeable GMs and don't throw away long term employees with experience

10. Heading in the wrong direction.

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

Benefits. That is about it.

Cons

Lack of true professionalism, hiring inexperienced and knowledge lacking individuals into technical positions, titles mean nothing in this company, lack of controls, rampant fraternization, and weak leadership.

Advice to Management

You're only as good as your people.

General Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Mentor, OH
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Mentor, OH

I worked at Advance Auto Parts (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and that's it would t recommend this company to my worse enemy

Cons

Worse place to work. Upper Management doesn't have a clue what going on

RSS Feed </> Embed