Advance Auto Parts

Profile Unclaimed

Mobile pro part time

Former Employee - Mobile Parts Pro in Hiram, GA
    Former Employee - Mobile Parts Pro in Hiram, GA

I worked at Advance Auto Parts part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Almost none low pay constantly shifting schedule so that a second job is not possible when they cut hours back

Cons

Constant micromanagement low pay 27 cent raise in four years . No recognition for job well done. Constantly threatening to fire everyone.

Part timers have no incentive to reach sales goals. Stop threatening to fire employees as a means of getting compliance on petty rules

Poor pay, monotonous work, expect too much from SA

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job is straightforward, no real surprises. Store transfer to almost any state.

Cons

Terrible pay. Expect long hours when someone calls out. Experienced part timers expected to train new workers, serve customers, control inventory, and work insane hours. Most stores close at 10pm. No opportunity for promotion. They throw out things labeled defective instead of allowing workers to enjoy them. My GM is against letting us shop on our day off in the store we work at. Schedule is unflexibe so expect threat of reprimand if you have to miss out on emergency. Requires doctors letter if called out sick, even if uninsured.

Cut store hours, every store is empty after 8pm. Promote positive moral, terrible pay for labor intensive work is a sure way to deter prospective employees.

untrustworth

Former Employee - Driver Sales Stock in West Grafton, WV
    Former Employee - Driver Sales Stock in West Grafton, WV

I worked at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

used the honesty pays program that ensures that the company is not being robed by employees and pays you 2% of protental loss to the company well I reveled the protental loss of millions and got lied too and don't trust advance auto I will be posting all details tomarrow

Cons

law suit losing millions by speed perks

higher machnices

Had enough

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

Nice stores, great training programs

Cons

Low pay, long hours, and no chance of advancement. Upper management is terrible. Asks for feedback and ideas from team, but if its not what they want to hear then the idea is dropped, or feedback is used against you. To focused on pleasing stock holders and not taking care of team like they preach they do.

Spend your investment money wisely. Upgrade your outdated systems and processes, be a little more flexible with your management schedules. Offer a better pay scale. Actually LISTEN to your store team members, their ideas are usually a lot better than the ones from your overbloated merchandising and upper management teams that do not work in the field and have no true concept of what is really happening in the field besides what they see on paper reports that are usually skewed because of a poor quality system. You are losing a lot of good people because you care more about profits and stock holders than you do the people that are fighting to make this company money everyday.

Could be Great

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

Advance Auto Parts has all the tools, and a great system in place. As with most companies management makes all the difference. I'm lucky to work in a store that has a great team and we work together well.

Cons

The company views employees as liabilities instead of assets. Training could be much much better. Little pay, as few hours as possible, as little benefits as legally requited. They can't keep good help because they pay less than most of the industry.

Better training, pay and benefits for employees as well as treating team members like part of a team. If you want employees to understand business give them business classes.

Deliver Driver

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

Not bad to work,but they do not give u hours,never gonna be fulltime .

Cons

All is bad when comes to have a weekend or a family issue,bad pay and benefits...meh.

Psy more and give hours..make full time people you got money to do it.

Low Pay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pataskala, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pataskala, OH

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts part-time (more than a year)

Pros

over all an easy job get to help people that know nothing about cars if you are into that kind of thing and truck day alows you to skip your gym day if you get to put away the heavy things.

Cons

Management dose not care about employees says things like i think you are worth more money then turns around and says you need to prove your self before i will pay you more and never dose. Never enough hours to go around especaly in the slow season or winter months.

take care of your people!!!

It's okay..

Former Employee - Retail Manager
    Former Employee - Retail Manager

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Advancement Opportunities (Store Level)
    Training
    ASE Testing Reimbursement
    Bonus Plan (13 Opportunities a year for bonus.. VERY NICE!)
    Pretty Easy, Basic Job
    Customer Interaction

Cons

Upper Level Micro-management
    New Payscale
    New "CDL" Labor Management System
    "Non-Negotiable" Mentality
    Labor Hours
    Benefit Packages

Go back to the old ways of doing business.. When the GM could run their store without so much interference from corporate. By the end of my tenure, I felt like I was a glorified key holder. Couldn't set hours in my own store, just assigned pre-determined shifts to a TM. I used to run a high volume store successfully 7 days a week with 350 hours a week. They cut me down to 220.. Absolutely killed our quality of customer service and turned me into a slave. Have faith in your Managers, or don't hire them in the first place. Let us do our jobs. Advance was once the best job I ever had. Someone decided to change that and turn us into AutoZone. Thanks a lot.

Great Place to work hard and earn a career

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

AAP is constantly searching for new leadership. If you want to work hard, service your customers better than your competitors, and transition from "job" to "Career". AAP is the place!

Cons

AAP is competitive... If your looking for a job that will promote from tenure, this might not be the place for you. With that said, if your looking for a career opportunity that will reward those that take initiative, AAP is for you!

Time to spend some money on technology

Nice company depending on who you work with.

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Folsom, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Folsom, PA

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay for the most part. Good job if you like helping and working w it b people.

Cons

Not many of the policy's are the best and make sense.

Pay more attention to good associates.

Advance Auto Parts Photos