Advance Health Reviews

1. Featured Review

I love working for Advance Health

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Advance Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing about this job is the flexibility it offers. This is my first job as a nurse practitioner and I have had a wonderful experience thus far. Management is very responsive to your needs and there is a lot of autonomy.

Cons

Sometimes the scheduling is not as efficient as it should be and you are driving over 100 miles per day

An exciting, growing company with excellent opportunities for nurse practitioners!

Current Employee - Senior Management
    Current Employee - Senior Management

Pros

I have been an executive manager with Advance Health for 4 years. The level of professionalism and dedication by all employees is a direct result of the leadership team. Our CEO was recently awarded the Nurse Practitioner Advocate of the Year by AANP due to his commitment to providing an excellent work environment and his dedication to the advancement of the nurse practitioner profession. It is an honor to be a part of a growing company that has the best interests of its employees as the heart of the business.

Cons

Rapid growth comes with challenges that the company addresses very effectively.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

3. Good Company with Growth

I have been working at Advance Health full-time

Pros

Lots of growth potential and willingness to promote from within first. Lots of yearly bonus potential.

Cons

Management is somewhat lacking in support and direction.

5. Dont waste your time.

Current Employee - Scheduling Specialist in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Scheduling Specialist in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Advance Health (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros., period.

Cons

Completely unprofessional, not worth the time.

Great opportunity!

Pros

Advance Health is a personally fulfilling place to work! It is rewarding to witness the attention given to the older population that is sometimes overlooked. Never considered working on the administrative side of the health industry but this company has shown me the demands that need to be fulfilled by healthcare professionals and also the individuals who manage from behind the scenes. Corporate culture is encouraging and friendly. It's a young company that has tremendous potential in the healthcare industry.

Cons

New company with minor setbacks but nothing that cannot be over looked in the long run.

Great Start Up Company

I have been working at Advance Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of room to grow if you prove commitment and reliability.

Cons

There is not enough training and a lot of times it takes a lot of flexibility to deal with the new.

Advice to Management

Have the managers spend more time in training and showing the employees what the expectations are, rather than letting them deal with issues independently.

Great company to work for with lots of opportunities ahead!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Advance Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Advance Health is a great place to work. They have grown quickly- more than doubled in size in 2014. They encourage professional growth, managers care about their employees' success, it's a friendly environment, and the nurse practitioners are great to work with! The work is rewarding, especially when members write or call in to share the positive impact the NP had on their health. Additionally, Advance Health is technology-driven, offers benefits, and is committed to maintaining its integrity. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the company and am excited for future opportunities.

Cons

Experienced some growing pains since the company expanded in a short time. They do work quickly to resolve these issues though.

9. Refreshing corporation that values Nurse Practitioners!

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Advance Health (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked with Advance Health for 3 years and have been fortunate to advance my career with the company. As a whole, the company is comprised of dedicated, hard working professionals that are committed to success. This has made way for a corporate culture that is responsive to critique and values quality over quantity. It's fun to be part of creative processes among a team of like-minded individuals.

Cons

Frequent change can become overwhelming at times but it's rewarding to see the results!

Advance Health is a great opportunity for NPs seeking autonomy and flexibility in an environment where you are valued!

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Advance Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Advance Health for over 2 years. I am committed to Advance Health because of the autonomy it provides me, but with multiple support systems in place, I never feel alone. The corporate culture values NPs and our unique skills set and provides recognition and advancement opportunities. I love that I get the opportunity to do what I enjoy best about being an NP, the opportunity to educate and promote primary/secondary prevention strategies.

Cons

No job is perfect. Yet, as Advance Health grows it has responded to constructive feedback to promote the best possible work environment for NPs.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunities you have provided me. It is refreshing to feel appreciated and to be recognized for a job well done.

Could be better

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Carrollton, TX

Pros

Friendly and easy going and decent hours

Cons

Unorganized and under paid, not enough reason to be working as hard as we do

Advice to Management

Pay better for better service to be delivered

RSS Feed </> Embed