AdvanceMed Reviews

2.8
Charles K. Narang

1. Recruiter

I worked at AdvanceMed

Pros

Good pay, attentive recruiters, weekly paychecks

Cons

Okay benefits package, but good 401k matching

2. Technical Clerk

Current Employee - Medical Records Technician in Lebanon, TN
    Current Employee - Medical Records Technician in Lebanon, TN

I have been working at AdvanceMed (Less than a year)

Pros

Schedule Flexibility, friendly workplace environment

Cons

Structure is lacking, turnover rates are high. Room for job growth is difficult. Monthly premiums are much higher than average.

Glad it's over!

Former Employee - Fraud Investigator in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Fraud Investigator in Nashville, TN

I worked at AdvanceMed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When you first come in, you learn a lot. I felt well prepared for my position and what was expected of me. Worked on a project that ended and gave me an opportunity to work in another dept.

Starting pay is decent.

Cons

If you transfer departments, it is sink or swim. They don't train you, you just have to figure it out. Pay increases are a joke. Company is constantly restructuring and it seems to promote the bad apples. There seems to be dofferent sets of rules for everyone. Some can work from home, some can't. No rhyme or reason. Heaven forbid you can't get there due to snow. Management told us we have to shut down due to a busted pipe on Elm Hill Pike. We either had to make up the time or they took your PTO.

Also, the State of TN recognizes full time as 36 hrs. As a salaried employee, you are expected to work overtime (all the time) with no pay but if you are short of 40 hours by 5 minutes and you don't make up that time, they take it from your PTO.

Advice to Management

Correct time keeping policies, be more lenient during inclement weather and emergency situations. Stop restructuring and promoting bad apples.

Also realize employees have a life outside those walls and be respectful of that.

5. First Job out of Grad School

Current Employee - Statistician in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Statistician in Nashville, TN

I have been working at AdvanceMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to get your feet wet and start a career. I was hired with no experience.

Cons

Pay and benefits are lower than with a bigger, successful company. This company is a Gov contractor for CMS and the contract could be given to another company when its over. Job growth is very minimal and not a lot of lateral movement to change an area in your career field.

Advice to Management

Not much they can do given the restraints of the contract, they are pretty good.

6. good memory

I worked at AdvanceMed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

learn a lot from there.

Cons

office culture is not friendly.

7. Good people. Management restructures constantly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at AdvanceMed full-time

Pros

Very good people to work with, for the most part. There is a lot of good experience/expertise. Good flexibility.

Cons

Seems like every 6 months the entire structure of the company will be reorganized. Some sense of promoting people as a way of moving them away from real supervision--some supervisors who were poorly regarded for their ability got moved up and out of the way.

Advice to Management

Work through struggles rather than being so quick to restructure away from them.

8. Awesome people, government contract work, high pressure.

Current Employee - Fraud Investigator in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Fraud Investigator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at AdvanceMed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great starting pay, great people to work with. Choose your own schedule as long as you're there 40 hours per week and there between the hours of 9-3. Been there over three years and am grateful for the experience. Position allowed me to travel and interview subjects in person.

Cons

We work on a contract so the bar is set high in order to stay competitive. If you can't handle your daily tasks to change, this job isn't for you. You can go in on any given day with a plan and it all get blown. Happens frequently. Cubicle environment/no privacy. Periods of high turnover. Work under a small parent company so raises are VERY minimal. Not a whole lot of positions to move up to.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing the best they can given the circumstances they have to deal with as far as government contract work.

It's nice there, but the culture is too tolerant of bad behavior.

I have been working at AdvanceMed

Pros

Nice people, friendly culture. Good starting salaries in general.

Cons

A lot of people just browse the internet all day and managers don't do anything about it. They just give the hard workers more and more workload. Pay raises are a joke also. Starting salary is okay though.

Advice to Management

Manage your employees. If they aren't pulling their weight, do something about it.

10. I enjoy working at AdvanceMed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at AdvanceMed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people here are kind-hearted, the upper managment are knowledgeable, the overall working environment is good

Cons

The team I am in works on a government contract, and the federal government modified the contract frequently, not that easy to work with.

11. This company was not up front with their pay scales or how they cover housing and food allowance.

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist

I worked at AdvanceMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Did find me a good placement.

Cons

Made me drive over an hour a couple times to do pre-employment screenings. Told me they would offer a certain salary range and in the end came in below this. Were not honest about deducting pay for hours not worked even if the facility was closed. This was a travel job.

Advice to Management

Have an employee handbook. Give your travelers the information up front. Offer good support and you won't have problems like this.

RSS Feed </> Embed