AdvanceMed

Updated October 22, 2014
2.7

Charles K. Narang

good memory

I worked at AdvanceMed full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

learn a lot from there.

Cons

office culture is not friendly.

Good people. Management restructures constantly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at AdvanceMed full-time

Pros

Very good people to work with, for the most part. There is a lot of good experience/expertise. Good flexibility.

Cons

Seems like every 6 months the entire structure of the company will be reorganized. Some sense of promoting people as a way of moving them away from real supervision--some supervisors who were poorly regarded for their ability got moved up and out of the way.

Work through struggles rather than being so quick to restructure away from them.

Awesome people, government contract work, high pressure.

Current Employee - Fraud Investigator in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Fraud Investigator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at AdvanceMed full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great starting pay, great people to work with. Choose your own schedule as long as you're there 40 hours per week and there between the hours of 9-3. Been there over three years and am grateful for the experience. Position allowed me to travel and interview subjects in person.

Cons

We work on a contract so the bar is set high in order to stay competitive. If you can't handle your daily tasks to change, this job isn't for you. You can go in on any given day with a plan and it all get blown. Happens frequently. Cubicle environment/no privacy. Periods of high turnover. Work under a small parent company so raises are VERY minimal. Not a whole lot of positions to move up to.

I think management is doing the best they can given the circumstances they have to deal with as far as government contract work.

It's nice there, but the culture is too tolerant of bad behavior.

I have been working at AdvanceMed

Pros

Nice people, friendly culture. Good starting salaries in general.

Cons

A lot of people just browse the internet all day and managers don't do anything about it. They just give the hard workers more and more workload. Pay raises are a joke also. Starting salary is okay though.

Manage your employees. If they aren't pulling their weight, do something about it.

I enjoy working at AdvanceMed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at AdvanceMed full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people here are kind-hearted, the upper managment are knowledgeable, the overall working environment is good

Cons

The team I am in works on a government contract, and the federal government modified the contract frequently, not that easy to work with.

This company was not up front with their pay scales or how they cover housing and food allowance.

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist

I worked at AdvanceMed full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Did find me a good placement.

Cons

Made me drive over an hour a couple times to do pre-employment screenings. Told me they would offer a certain salary range and in the end came in below this. Were not honest about deducting pay for hours not worked even if the facility was closed. This was a travel job.

Have an employee handbook. Give your travelers the information up front. Offer good support and you won't have problems like this.

Learned a lot, but glad when I left

Current Employee - Fraud Investigator (More Than V Years Ago) in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Fraud Investigator (More Than V Years Ago) in Nashville, TN

I have been working at AdvanceMed full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learned more about billing and coding by doing this job. Opened many opportunities up for me. Improved my writing skills. Improved my research skills. Assigned a Sr. Fraud Investigator as a mentor. Was given chances to travel and do things that I wouldn't have thought I would be able to. Able to spot fraud in a private setting.

Cons

Was unable to do the job that I really wanted to because I wasn't a nurse. Dog and pony shows when FBI and ASACs would come in. Never ending passwords for different systems - I believe I had about 12 at a time. Very disappointed that a handful of cases were accepted by law enforcement - was very discouraged by that. Saw things go on in upper management that left a bad taste in my mouth. Saying all of this, I am glad that I worked there and learned so much to help me on future endeavors.

Listen to employs and be open-minded. You do not know how to keep employees happy so that they want to remain long-term.

An entry level company

Former Employee - Statistician in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Statistician in Nashville, TN

I worked at AdvanceMed full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salary is great for what you do.

Cons

Managers all micro manage. They promote based upon who they Like and not who does a good job.

PROMOTE those who do a good job not because of tenure or because they are brown nosing . Take time to listen to your employees.

No good for long run

I have been working at AdvanceMed

Pros

good training session for new people

Cons

laid off so many people recently

Flex time is good, but limited opportunities for career advancement

Current Employee - Fraud Investigator
    Current Employee - Fraud Investigator

I have been working at AdvanceMed

Pros

Flex time is definitely a perk

Cons

There are only 3 positions within the company: Fraud Investigators, Medical Review,and Data Team. There are no opportunities for advancement or career development.
    Workload demands create unrealistic deadlines given by management causes employees to feel frustrated and disorganized. Although, still a small office the employee morale is very low.

Listen to your employees and take note of thr high turnover rate