Advanced Acoustic Concepts

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Short experience with AAC

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLaid back, flexible work hours. Great people to work with. Really difficult to get in trouble for anything that went wrong.

ConsPoor career advancement, thankless, no communication between departments or from upper management. Pay was low for the position.

not the best employment experience ...

Prosdecent benefit package, decent pay for the area and the internship program helps a lot of people get experience right out of college.

ConsRepetitive work, slow growth. It is not the friendliest work environment. I'd say mainly due to the atmosphere created by the managers. There are too many and none of them communicate with each other or the rest of the employees. They really make you feel unappreciated for the work you perform.

Advice to Senior Managementupper management needs to get more involved, lower management needs to make cut backs

Worst place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere was a parking lot! And we would get a free lunch once in awhile! Food court nearby! Post office walking distance.

ConsHorrible management team! Worst place ever ! Would not recommend this place to anyone! The women they have in management positions all are ignorant and narrow minded!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou all need to go to people skills training!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dull work

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Hauppauge, NY

ProsThe only upside to working at AAC was the engineering staff. Most people were friendly and helpful but some are not. That's where the pros end.

ConsManagement is poor. Workers don't get enough credit for good work. Takes forever to get tools that are needed for software dev. Poor software dev practices if any at all as a result the code is buggy.

A lot of the same work

Co-Op (Former Employee) Uniontown, PA

ProsEasy, brainless work. Good student employment

ConsVery low pay, exact same tasks day in and day out.

Stable But Not Fulfulling

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Hauppauge, NY

ProsStable in an industry that will never die. Lots of great people, and the environment is very laid back; low pressure and easy workload.

ConsThe management is a big mess; every tool is outdated by at least 5 years (we were still building things in VS2005 in 2010). The main software was all broken and not working, yet still was not fixed. Not many opportunities beyond the niche.

Positive overall

Program Manager (Former Employee)

ProsChallenging work, dynamic pace, good compensation

Conslong meetings, focus drift, weak in mentoring

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to empower those doing the work in the "trenches"

Worked for Advanced Acoustic Concepts? Contribute to the Community!