Advanced Bionics

Add Photos

Gerhard Roehrlein,

Great company

EE Intern (Former Employee) Valencia, CA

ProsWonderful people, incredibly cool product, sense of satisfaction from the work

Consintern program could be more developed

Advice to Senior ManagementOffice culture is fantastic, connect to patient series is amazing

Overall it has been a very good experience and I would like to work here longterm.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLovely building, cutting edge company, high class

ConsVery young crowd - age discrimination

Advice to Senior ManagementHIRE your temps! People need stability.

Mechanical engineering intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat focus on making sure all employees feel a sense of purpose and keeping communication open between everyone in the company. Everyone from factory workers to engineers to executives shared in all-company lunch events (In-n-Out truck, for example) every few weeks. Customers came in often to speak to everybody about their experience with our product, and told stories of how our product changed their lives. Great to keep track of why you do what you do, to remember why doing quality work is so important, and to make the customer experience part of our institutional knowledge.

The work at Advanced Bionics is really exciting and on the cutting edge, so there's lots of be excited about.

ConsAs with any medical company, AB is subject to the highest form of regulation: the FAA. This means AB moves more slowly on everything than companies in other (less regulated) industries.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An amazing opportunity to live knowing your efforts help the lives of so many...

Director Bus Dev (Former Employee) Valencia, CA

Pros1. Making a difference in peoples lives
    2. Competitive salary
    3. Share in IP strategies for all employees
    4. A culture of opportunity and success

Cons1. Limited structure for advancement
    2. Extensive travel requirements for most employees
    3. Big company managerial oversight retards quick decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the "little people"more.

Good Company, great products, mostly positive environment.

Technician (Current Employee) Valencia, CA

ProsVery talented co-workers, extremely sharp technical staff. An interesting, challenging and worthwhile product that helps people.

ConsAsk for support and you usually get ignored. Review system is a joke. Getting accurate and consistent answers to your questions is too difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously communicate with your employees more. You may also want to provide more than a ping-pong table for employee activities.

Ship without a captain

Principal Engineer (Current Employee) Valencia, CA

ProsIntend of the products are great, helping the deaf to hear. Something you can be proud of. Always in the cutting edge.

ConsNew upper management from Swiss is in total disarray at the moment. I wish it will get better soon. Otherwise, they may have to sell the company (again).

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn the rope faster, don't make mistakes.

A fair company to get started in medical implant industry

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Sylmar, CA

ProsCI is a niche market with less competition

ConsThe company needs to make better management decisions.

Great People, Uncertain Future

Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) Valencia, CA

Pros- Great people abound at all levels
    - Many engineering opportunities - never bored
    - Generally good work environment

Cons- Marketing calls for reactionary development and not innovation
    - New owners bring efficient management, but unwilling to accept development time for innovation
    - Regulatory hurdles that come with medical devices increase stress - resulted in a recent layoff

Advice to Senior Management- Plan ahead for regulatory problems and minimize disruption to innovative research and products
    - Maintain easy going communication between colleagues and promote team work (competition among colleagues might be on the horizon)

New Owners are anti-american

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sylmar, CA

ProsCuring Deafness
    Some good people
    Very passionate employees

ConsPoor communcation from Senior management. German owners are anti-american.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove everybody to zurich where you will actually have respect for your employees.

Very good salary, very poor leadership

Marketing Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsThe payments were excellent, very nice worker-patient interest

ConsThere was no fairness or respect regarding the job title - instead of one job, I had three
    The vice president for the region did not value the work
    My boss was not a good leader and even delegated writing his personal emails

Advice to Senior ManagementGive much more training overall, respect each workers job title

Worked for Advanced Bionics? Contribute to the Community!