Advanced Business Acquisitions

Employment Status

Reset
4.2
Julie Strait

1. Amazing Experience and Growth Opportunity.

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time

Pros

Amazing experience! it's a really fast paced environment which gives you the opportunity to learn many different skills in a short period of time. There is a ton of great support from both office managers and coworkers, every week we reviewed our performance and identified some of the areas where we might need some help, to ensure we are consistently developing ourselves.

Cons

When I started I had no experience in sales and marketing and probably my hardest challenge was my own fear of going out and talking to clients, as I kept doing it it got way easier.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being so supportive and by leading by example, I really admire the fact that you don't ask people to do tasks that you wouldn't do yourself.

Great Atmosphere and Growth Opportunity

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are awesome. Every day is different. Lots of fast paced growth potential

Cons

long days can be exhausting

Advice to Management

more company outings would be awesome

Impressive Growth Opportunity & Incredible Culture

I have been working at Advanced Business Acquisitions

Pros

Advanced Business Acquisitions has a culture unlike any other. They are a driven and dedicated team of young professionals who genuinely love what they do, which is just so rare.The big picture goal of Advanced Business Aquistions is a drive for shared success. The people you work with are a refection of who you are and where you are going, because you spend the majority of your day with them. I am proud to work along side my colleagues, and I am excited to see the growth and success the company is having. Advanced Business Acquisitions is a place where I know that I am going to learn something new every day, and that I am given the chance to grow and advance toward my career goal.

Cons

New challenges everyday learning how to manage myself within the systems as I get promoted within the enterprise.

Incredible Business & Management Training Program and Great People!

I have been working at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time

Pros

I've held 2 professional positions that I left due to lack of both growth potential and training. Working with Advanced Business Acquisitions has proven to be the most incredible training experience where hard work is truly rewarded every step of the way. By devoting myself I have advanced to a senior level position within 5 months and plan to reach a Management position in the next 6. The people you work with are exceptional. It is a very positive and supportive atmosphere where the rewards and recognition of success is second to none. The opportunity for travel is awesome as well. It is not mandatory but encouraged and is a lot of fun. I've had the opportunity to see cities such as LA, Scottsdale, St. Louis and Nashville during my time with ABA. Compared to other entry level roles Advanced Business Acquisitions, Inc offers the top of the line experience to people looking for rapid growth, recognition and training. What gets me out of bed every morning is not only the ability to advance as fast as I want but also to provide that opportunity to others along the way.

Cons

You work more than 40 hours a week - but at least its a set schedule. 8-5:30 Monday - Friday.

Advice to Management

Keep throwing contests and incentives to the employees - it is really motivating. I like how last month the top sales person won a new suit!

Hard Work pays off

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere in the mornings is so encouraging and welcoming everyday. The positivity in the office is contagious and I cant help but be motivated when I step through those doors.

Cons

Starting out I had no experience in the industry compared to others in the company. As time went on however, I matured within the company and gained the knowledge I needed to become a leader in the office. Hard work always pays off, and everyone here is very supportive of one another.

Are you looking for business management training? Do you want to learn the ins and outs of sales? Do you need real world

Former Employee - Team Leader
    Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions

Pros

The manager was a very nice woman.

Cons

I was unfortunate to work here for a few months. It started out promising with real examples of people who have made money quickly and climbed the ladder of the company. I was excited by the other employees and all of the energy that was in the office.Then the man who was training me attempted to forge customer's signatures in order to make a few extra dollars. Things went down hill quickly from there. There was little to no compensation and little hope of compensation for 10+ hour days. You are forced to use your own gas and vehicle with no hopes of reimbursement. You are told you will make a certain amount of money yet you receive a check for a much smaller amount than you were expecting and are told of of unwritten rules for payment that are never made clear up front. I was supposedly selling AT&T U-verse but I can't actually confirm that because I never saw anything official from AT&T. After a month of struggling to pay bills and feed myself I was backed into a corner and was committed to drive myself and the few remaining co-workers to LA for a week of work against my wishes.(few remaining because the previous weeks most long time employees had left the company without so much a mention of why. This should have been my first clue that something wasn't right.) I was told I wouldn't be reimbursed for the mileage or time it took for me to drive down to LA and back, a cool thousand mile round trip and a solid 12 hours of driving, once accounting for traffic. I was promised reimbursement for the gas, though, in the end. Things had reached a critical mass. Out of the five employees only one really made any money(the shady character who forged signatures) while on the trip and three out of the five quit the company, tired off being manipulated and lied to. It has now been over two months since I have left the company. I never received a final paycheck. I was never paid back for the gas I used even though I was promised it before I drove to LA. I tried to give the manager the benefit of the doubt as she was very kind throughout my time with the company and helped me prove income to attain an apartment when I was purely a commission employee. I emailed her once a week for well over a month requesting my final paycheck and reimbursement for my gas. No response week after week. I text other former employees and found out they had similar experiences once they left. Oddly enough they all had the same experience once they left: management avoiding emails, calls, and texts, unwritten rules and excuses as to why they wouldn't receive the amount of money they expected. One after another, they all had the same story. I finally text the manager after not receiving any response via email and was told of more unwritten rules that were never made clear while employed. I was also told that the manager would look into the reimbursement of gas at least. That was over two weeks ago. No response. If you are looking for business management training, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a transition from college to the business world, look elsewhere. If you hope to make good money with the promise of a future and a company to grow with, look elsewhere. I resisted writing anything about this company but after two months of dodged emails, and texts, and numerous failed promises I feel I am out of options, resources, and energy to fight for what I am respectfully owed for the work I did.

Advice to Management

.....if you pay employees they will work for you.

Refreshing Company - B2B sales for AT&T - Great growth potential

Current Employee - Account Manager B2B in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager B2B in San Jose, CA

Pros

I love the opportunity for growth within the company. They only promote from within which is very refreshing and exciting to be a part of. I had never done sales before I started here - so getting great training was really important to me. The leadership team does a great job making training simple and fun. I also like the set schedule m-f 8-5.

Cons

Just learning something new always takes a little time. And I had never done any sales before starting. They do offer paid training. And compared to other sales companies I think the training is really quick - but effective!

Advice to Management

I would love a coffee maker in office to help with our 8am meetings :)

This company is nothing but a large pyramid scheme under the guise as a real job

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exercise due to the door to door sales but if you like selling AT$T cable services for no base pay and commission only then more power to o.

Cons

This is a door to door ales job selling AT&T cable packages where you are payed solely on comission with no reimbursment for gas or wear & tear on your car. 40+ hr weeks plus countless extra time for only a commission base salary. This company has a high turnover rate. The company essentially forces you to fake being satisfied and happy if you even want a chance to move up. I suggest researching the company and others like it such as K2 consulting and the likes. They are all under an umberella corp. called Sidcor all I say is do your research before you make a decision to start a 'job' here.

Advice to Management

Provide base pay and reimburse for gas

Real Advancement! Great People

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

ABA is such a great work environment. I really enjoy coming to work everyday with people I like! Everyone is very supportive and ready to help me if I need it. My previous employment had promises of a promotion, but I was was with them for two years and got passed up by someone they hired outside the company. I get rewarded with the recognition and promotions I deserve here.

Cons

I don't really have any cons to list. I really enjoy coming to work everyday and working with motivated individuals.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the support

Great Learning Experience

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

Working here was the same thing as getting a real world MBA. Not only did I learn how to effectively market and sell, I was lucky enough to work directly with Sr. Management in the day to day operations. Because of my experience here, I was able to move out to the Midwest to open my own location.

Cons

This is hard work. No matter what level you are at it's exactly where you deserve to be.

Advice to Management

Keep giving people the opportunity to advance. Thank you!

RSS Feed </> Embed