Advanced Business Acquisitions

4.0

Julie Strait

Hard Work pays off

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere in the mornings is so encouraging and welcoming everyday. The positivity in the office is contagious and I cant help but be motivated when I step through those doors.

Cons

Starting out I had no experience in the industry compared to others in the company. As time went on however, I matured within the company and gained the knowledge I needed to become a leader in the office. Hard work always pays off, and everyone here is very supportive of one another.

Are you looking for business management training? Do you want to learn the ins and outs of sales? Do you need real world

Former Employee - Team Leader
    Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions

Pros

The manager was a very nice woman.

Cons

I was unfortunate to work here for a few months. It started out promising with real examples of people who have made money quickly and climbed the ladder of the company. I was excited by the other employees and all of the energy that was in the office.Then the man who was training me attempted to forge customer's signatures in order to make a few extra dollars. Things went down hill quickly from there.

There was little to no compensation and little hope of compensation for 10+ hour days. You are forced to use your own gas and vehicle with no hopes of reimbursement. You are told you will make a certain amount of money yet you receive a check for a much smaller amount than you were expecting and are told of of unwritten rules for payment that are never made clear up front.

I was supposedly selling AT&T U-verse but I can't actually confirm that because I never saw anything official from AT&T.

After a month of struggling to pay bills and feed myself I was backed into a corner and was committed to drive myself and the few remaining co-workers to LA for a week of work against my wishes.(few remaining because the previous weeks most long time employees had left the company without so much a mention of why. This should have been my first clue that something wasn't right.) I was told I wouldn't be reimbursed for the mileage or time it took for me to drive down to LA and back, a cool thousand mile round trip and a solid 12 hours of driving, once accounting for traffic. I was promised reimbursement for the gas, though, in the end. Things had reached a critical mass. Out of the five employees only one really made any money(the shady character who forged signatures) while on the trip and three out of the five quit the company, tired off being manipulated and lied to.

It has now been over two months since I have left the company. I never received a final paycheck. I was never paid back for the gas I used even though I was promised it before I drove to LA. I tried to give the manager the benefit of the doubt as she was very kind throughout my time with the company and helped me prove income to attain an apartment when I was purely a commission employee. I emailed her once a week for well over a month requesting my final paycheck and reimbursement for my gas. No response week after week.

I text other former employees and found out they had similar experiences once they left. Oddly enough they all had the same experience once they left: management avoiding emails, calls, and texts, unwritten rules and excuses as to why they wouldn't receive the amount of money they expected. One after another, they all had the same story.

I finally text the manager after not receiving any response via email and was told of more unwritten rules that were never made clear while employed. I was also told that the manager would look into the reimbursement of gas at least. That was over two weeks ago. No response.

If you are looking for business management training, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a transition from college to the business world, look elsewhere. If you hope to make good money with the promise of a future and a company to grow with, look elsewhere.

I resisted writing anything about this company but after two months of dodged emails, and texts, and numerous failed promises I feel I am out of options, resources, and energy to fight for what I am respectfully owed for the work I did.

.....if you pay employees they will work for you.

Refreshing Company - B2B sales for AT&T - Great growth potential

Current Employee - Account Manager B2B in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager B2B in San Jose, CA

Pros

I love the opportunity for growth within the company. They only promote from within which is very refreshing and exciting to be a part of. I had never done sales before I started here - so getting great training was really important to me. The leadership team does a great job making training simple and fun. I also like the set schedule m-f 8-5.

Cons

Just learning something new always takes a little time. And I had never done any sales before starting. They do offer paid training. And compared to other sales companies I think the training is really quick - but effective!

I would love a coffee maker in office to help with our 8am meetings :)

This company is nothing but a large pyramid scheme under the guise as a real job

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Exercise due to the door to door sales but if you like selling AT$T cable services for no base pay and commission only then more power to o.

Cons

This is a door to door ales job selling AT&T cable packages where you are payed solely on comission with no reimbursment for gas or wear & tear on your car. 40+ hr weeks plus countless extra time for only a commission base salary. This company has a high turnover rate.

The company essentially forces you to fake being satisfied and happy if you even want a chance to move up.

I suggest researching the company and others like it such as K2 consulting and the likes. They are all under an umberella corp. called Sidcor all I say is do your research before you make a decision to start a 'job' here.

Provide base pay and reimburse for gas

Real Advancement! Great People

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

ABA is such a great work environment. I really enjoy coming to work everyday with people I like! Everyone is very supportive and ready to help me if I need it. My previous employment had promises of a promotion, but I was was with them for two years and got passed up by someone they hired outside the company. I get rewarded with the recognition and promotions I deserve here.

Cons

I don't really have any cons to list. I really enjoy coming to work everyday and working with motivated individuals.

Thanks for the support

Great Learning Experience

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

Working here was the same thing as getting a real world MBA. Not only did I learn how to effectively market and sell, I was lucky enough to work directly with Sr. Management in the day to day operations. Because of my experience here, I was able to move out to the Midwest to open my own location.

Cons

This is hard work. No matter what level you are at it's exactly where you deserve to be.

Keep giving people the opportunity to advance. Thank you!

Best Internship I could have asked for!

Current Employee - Marketing in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advanced Business Acquisitions as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I got a ton of real life experience that I didn't learn in school. I learned how to do sales, train, interview - among other things. It was a paid internship too which was really nice - paid weekly.

The environment was awesome. I got to work with a bunch of motivated people every day.

Cons

It is hard work. I had some friends that had internships where they pushed paper and got coffee. This is definitely not one of those internships. You get what you put in. I was able to save a lot of money over the course of the summer with ABA - but I worked for it..

Hire more interns :)

Great Place to Work! Love the Environment!

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Friendly staff. Performance based opportunity. Great pay. I've really enjoyed the travel I've done on behalf of the company.

Cons

Every Thursday we go out as an office to get to know each other on a more personal level to build great relationships. Most of the time I really enjoy it, but sometimes it can get time consuming. That the only con I can think of!

Keep it up. The non seniority advancement opportunity is really motivating. Also continue providing the chance to travel. Each business trip is a great chance to learn and grow as a professional.

Great Team! Great Training!

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

ABA is a great company to work for. I have only been here for about 2 months but have progressed in the company very quickly. After only being with the company for two weeks I received a promotion!!! I started with no sales or marketing experience but I got great training.

Cons

The hours are 11:30 - 8. So its not your typical 9-5. But I enjoy being able to sleep in :)

Thanks for the great training!

Amazing Environment to work in!

I have been working at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time

Pros

I have been employed for over a year now and I really like the work environment from management to the employees. I like that there are a lot of travel incentives and growth opportunities.

Cons

In any Sales/ Customer service jobs there is always rejection and people do say No to you, but thats one no closer to a yes.... I wish they would all just say yes! =)

Thanks for all the advice and one on one meetings we have really shows how much you care about your employees.

Advanced Business Acquisitions Photos