Advanced Call Center Technologies

Joe Lembo

It's a job

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

No face to face with customers, decent pay, incentives and contacts for sales keeps it interesting

Cons

No cells allowed in building unless you're a supervisor, no commission for your sales, too pushy for sales that agents start slamming customers which will get you fired, has a high school feeling, doesn't really care about solving the customer's issues

unethical, harassing environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Harlingen, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harlingen, TX

I worked at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

none, other than learning how bad an employer can be and still be in business

Cons

poor pay, poor training, poor supervision, poor morale, poor ethics....the pits of places to work, closest thing to a sweatshop, and who have to do unlawful things too often

restart the company

Unless you have no other options--Run!

Former Employee - Operations Manager  in  Carmichael, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Carmichael, CA

I worked at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a job if your unemployment has run out.

Cons

Management Culture is satisfy the client first and employee morale last. Joke about how they don't want an employee for more than two years or they might have to give them a raise. They do not do annual evaluations on time and when they finally complete them any small increase is not paid retroactive. Pays the absolute minimum hourly wage attracting staff who are either desperate or unemployable somewhere else. It is amazing that a company this unprofessional and unskilled attract big clients like Bank of America and AT&T

HR VPs shouldn't be chosen because they will not disagree with your unethical practices. Clean the place up and sell it. Not one of you should be managing people.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This place should be shut down.

Former Employee - Telemarketer  in  Johnson City, TN
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in Johnson City, TN

I worked at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the people who work at act are decent, other than that I have no praise at all.

Cons

You are better off working fast food. Benefits are horrible, if you have a family and opt for insurance you pretty much dont have a paycheck. They treat employees like crap. Drugs are everywhere. Health code violations. Crappy equipment. You start at $8.00/hr. Seriously avoid this place if you want a decent future. Training is rushed, so when you have a question about a product no one knows.

Upper management should be fired, they dont get to know employees much less make eye contact or any acknowledgement. Seriously have they ever wondered why the turn over rate is so high? The smarts ones leave this crap hole asap.

This place sucks

Former Employee - Phone Representative  in  Harlingen, TX
    Former Employee - Phone Representative in Harlingen, TX

I worked at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Diversity, training, relaxed enviornment, casual demeanor

Cons

People dont know how to mind thier own business.

Get better managers.

Cheaper, Better, Faster. The 'Better' is optional.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Johnson City, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

I worked at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Entry level positions are easy to come by, and if you work hard then you'll usually get promoted.
    - Good for people just out of school, or in school who need something to build a resume

The only reason I'm giving 2-stars is because my work experience allowed me to move to a much better position elsewhere.

Cons

- Company will tell clients that agents are being paid $10/hr when it's usually much less.
    - In my time there I saw multiple instances where egregious mistakes were covered up by management so the client wouldn't find out
    - Majority of people are living paycheck to paycheck
    - Bonuses are almost nothing, and you have to be dead-on in your performance to qualify. One minor slip will disqualify you.
    - Rat race mentality
    - Frequent drug abuse on site, especially in the bathrooms
    - Training is generally rushed and not comprehensive. Gives only the minimum information required (ex: Sales positions are taught a script, not necessarily how to sell)
    - Expectations are extremely high, conflicting with previous goals, and constantly changing
    - No transparency
    - Middle management and support staff are expected to work no more than 40 hours a week, but usually have a 60+hr/week workload

- Senior management and executives don't care about the employees or the culture.
    - Turnover is embarrassing

Real advice? Fire everyone and start from scratch. At this point that might be the only hope to run a business that isn't two steps away from being illegal.

Well managed. Great training.

Current Employee - Call Center Agent  in  San Luis, AZ
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in San Luis, AZ

I have been working at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Always have hours to work there; never have to worry about a paycheck.

Cons

There is unnecessary pressure there. They over complicate things.

Think about the employees rather than the client.

Worst job ever

Current Employee - Escalations Representative for Bank of America Sub Contract  in  Johnson City, TN
    Current Employee - Escalations Representative for Bank of America Sub Contract in Johnson City, TN

Pros

The overtime flexible schedule

Cons

Late on on annual reviews. Supervisor did not want to help. Some operations Manger would target reasons to fire you if you had a problem. They are bad not to pay you your last pay check after you leave. Also they are rude to the employees.would never recommend working for them.

Care about your employees, and actually pay them there earned bonuses and raises

Don't want to come back

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Advanced Call Center Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Close from Home.

Cons

Management is rude with employees. No opportunities for advancement.No benefits

So much room for improvment

Horrible.....Job always on the line.....being let go was a blessing

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  North Highlands, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Highlands, CA

Pros

Basically this jobs really have no pros to it other than they hire a lot of ex- cons

Cons

When I was first told that I had this job I looked this company up to see their reviews. Their reviews were not good; however I took the job anyway because I thought that I was reading information from a disgruntled employee. Everything about this company is true; they have poor management there, all they like to do is threaten your job constantly to get the work done, you have upper management discussing confidential information about employees in front of random people on the floor. They like changing procedures on you without letting you know that it have been changed and then instant message you on your screen as though they told you about the change. They hire a lot of unprofessional people at this company, I have never been at a company where people actually have physical altercations on the floor. You have management laughing because they think it is cute that they fired someone. This company tries to get rid of you anyway possible hands you an unemployment brochure as though they will pay you for unemployment benefits then deny you payment. I feel sorry for the innocent little lambs that gets lured into this company thinking that they got this wonderful job, only to trapped in a cesspool of unprofessional sharks that is ready to rip you apart if you do not sell to their expectations.

I feel that you need to stop lying to your employees, get rid of all of the sheisty management and hire all professional ones, if they cannot do that closed the place down. I feel that the pay needs to be better especially since they want you to do all of this ridiculous work.

Worked for Advanced Call Center Technologies? Contribute to the Community!