Advanced Educational Staffing Reviews

2.6

Scott Smith
1 Rating

Overall a good place to work

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Teacher in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Advanced Educational Staffing

Pros

High level of dedication and professionalism among the teaching staff

Cons

Health Insurance has to be purchased, costly
    Many students are not motivated, parent involvement could be better

Keep up the good work

This is a company, not a school

Former Employee - Teacher  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Teacher in Detroit, MI

I worked at Advanced Educational Staffing as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The teaching staff are dedicated to helping kids. I learned a lot from some of my coworkers and I appreciated the friendliness of most of them. The starting salary was fair.

Cons

There is more focus on computer based standardized testing than anything else. No support for new teachers and classrooms that are not kid friendly. There is no library in the school and no student computers in the classroom. We could check out laptops and iPads, but there were no decent applications installed. Management did not want any media posted on the painted portion of the walls which made display space extremely limited. The only display technology was an ancient overhead projector. There is no classroom budget for the students and most students were unable to provide basic supplies. All student illness and other issues had to be handled by the classroom teacher while instruction was halted.

Make sure that your new teachers have a mentor that will work directly with them throughout the school year. Take education seriously and provide decent resources to your teachers and students.

Subcontracted teaching position at an elementary school

Current Employee - First Grade Teacher  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - First Grade Teacher in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Advanced Educational Staffing as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

School environment at Old Redford Academy was very clean and professional looking. Students were well taken care of with breakfast and healthy snack programs.

Cons

This for-profit-charter school often cut corners, which would help the bottom line and not student achievement, which of course it claimed was most important. There was no good reason to subcontract employees, aside from making the firing process easier on the employer.

Stream line avenues to getting approval, so work can be done, not waiting two weeks for a decision to be made.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

try to make the money

Current Employee - Clarck  in  Kapit (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Clarck in Kapit (Malaysia)

I have been working at Advanced Educational Staffing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very carring and good survice

Cons

failling, taip the latter and take note the metting staf

Worked for Advanced Educational Staffing? Contribute to the Community!