Advanced Health Media

Updated September 9, 2014
Updated September 9, 2014
2.4

Nigel Whitehead

It was horrific the person that referred me, I thought was family she turned out to be a snake!

Former Employee - Meeting Planner  in  New Providence, Union, NJ
    Former Employee - Meeting Planner in New Providence, Union, NJ

I worked at Advanced Health Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

They lure you to the Devils pit with job offer Fedex and in this recession you would fall for it!
    Nice building and location for tranquility as well as meditating on lunch breaks etc.
    Benefits start right away!

Cons

Training sucks and help is based on controlling facts!
    You ask for help and they seek revenge and start to
    write you up! Then the layoff! Don't monitor and trend your concept of learning after training
    always expect more and would have you do there job without merit.

Have Compassion and learn Diversity! Stop seeing differences as weakness and humble yourself, and treat everyone the same. Too much kiss up Managers sniffing and destroying other talented employees.

working there was very frustrationg

Former Employee - Meeting Planner  in  Union City, NJ
    Former Employee - Meeting Planner in Union City, NJ

I worked at Advanced Health Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice team, people I worked with

Cons

management, especially operations- service delivery

A Good Jumping Off Point, I Guess...

Former Employee - Former Employee  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Advanced Health Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a very family-oriented company and the people there are generally nice. Corporate environment is business casual and teamwork is pretty amazing. Overall, I learned a lot from my job (and my peers) and it has paved the way for a great career on my end.

Cons

It's a mid-size company so you are often asked to take on a billion tasks at once (some of which aren't even part of your job description) without any real incentive. Also seemed like a dead job end at times. Very little room for growth or advancement here unfortunately. Senior management lacked direction while I was there and were kind of out of touch with the people. And yeah raises were pretty abysmal.

Profits are important but not as much as your employees and your customers. You will have little to no more business if you continue favoring dollars over people.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor Senior Management

Current Employee - Director  in  New Providence, Union, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in New Providence, Union, NJ

I have been working at Advanced Health Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice office, ability to work from home, great talent in my group

Cons

At the time, senior leadership was absolutely atrocious. It was very male oriented and they were very protective of their own. Lacked vision for the industry and were just coasting on what had made them money in the past. Not sure what it has been like since the new CEO took over.

It was a good learning experience and one I do not regret.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New Providence, Union, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Providence, Union, NJ

I have been working at Advanced Health Media

Pros

You learn a lot about the medical field and pharmaceutical companies, as well as different ways to search for information that is difficult to find.

Cons

My job in particular was very tedious and redundant so it can be quite boring at times, but it is still necessary to do the tasks.

I am pleased with how I was treated by the staff and they taught me valuable techniques in terms of internet research.

Great in the Beginning, Horrible at the End

Former Employee - IT Manager  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Advanced Health Media

Pros

More time off than most companies
    Office was close to home
    Fellow IT Staff were knowlegable and helpful
    Variety of Projects allowed IT staff to work on new things
    IT Managers had adequate access to system resources to allow them to get their job done

Cons

Upper Management didn't respect middle management opinions at times.
    Too much red tape and over engineered processes caused project delays and software quality to decline.
    IT Development staff was forced to meet deadlines set by business without consulting with IT.
    Staff is underpaid
    No Raises for almost 3 years

Listen to your staff! Change your focus from the bottom line back to taking care of your customers and more importantly your employees. After all, the employees are the ones that take care of your customers! Eliminate the red tape that ties down your staff. Get rid of the offshore development staff. They may be cheaper but they really don't have a clue about the business and will be the death of the software that helped make the company great.

Career Suicide

Former Employee - Manager  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Manager in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Advanced Health Media

Pros

Some of the people were nice.
    It beats unemployment

Cons

Nepotism runs rampant and the morale is the pits. People tend to tread-water at this company and it's a dead-end for your career. The longer you stay, the less marketable you become. Goal-oriented people beware, you will not achieve or learn much here and you might even develop a few bad habits.

Please stop billing yourself "as one of the best places to work in NJ". It's just not the case anymore, if it ever was.

AHM Executive Management needs to get their act togehter.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Advanced Health Media

Pros

WFH program is pretty good - flexible and middle management attempts to promote work life balance.

Cons

Decisions are made at the top level by folks that have no idea of what's going on in the barracks. IT projects ALWAYS late and over budget.

Bring IT to NJ closer to the business users - the tech shop in Norfolk is too far removed from the business to be able to partner.

Beware the Bait and Switch

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Union, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

I worked at Advanced Health Media

Pros

There were some people who were honestly trying to make the best of a BAD situation. Unfortunately they were sorely out numbered and unsupported by leadership and most of them are gone now. At the start you really WANT believe the explanations about "managing growth" and "temporaty challenges of transition and reorganization" but after awhile the excuses just don't hold up and you realize they are just buying time at your expense. Trying to keep the machine running while the big deals in the back-room that will benefit the select few are being negotiated & finalized.

Cons

Nepotism, bias and a culture of dishonesty. As a place where only people without options tend to remain, there is more morale at a funeral. The technology platform is an antique, the billing for IT support borders on fraud & those that are willing to look the other way are rewarded for playing along.

Stop masquerading as an employer of choice. Most of the people aren't loyal, they are trapped. It's obvious priorities have changed and that there is an aggressive, if sloppy, agenda and investing in people is not part of the current plan.

Great Place to work

I worked at Advanced Health Media

Pros

Industry Leader, Promising future, great products and services

Cons

Too big too fast, diversify

Don't rest on your laurels!

Worked for Advanced Health Media? Contribute to the Community!