Advanced Lifeline Services

6 reviews filtered by
1.7
William M Selvidge
1 Rating

the company is good, management not so good

Former Employee - Certified Respiratory Therapist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Certified Respiratory Therapist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Advanced Lifeline Services part-time

Pros

fair pay, decent benefits, 12 hour shifts, nice scrubs

Cons

generic nametags, poor management, supervisor brings her dog to work, too much negativity at times, orientation reminded me of boot camp

Advice to Management

quit.

Respiratory Therapist

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Advanced Lifeline Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the residents is rewarding. Most of the staff seems to appreciate my work ethics.

Cons

Poor management. The manager brings her personal issues to work and takes it out on the staff. I feel like I'm being bullied on her bad days. I feel intimated and afraid to go to work at times.

Advice to Management

The managers need proper training on how to deal with the staff that they are managing as well as the staff that works for the facility.

MEDICARE/MEDICAID fraud, no effort to wean off vents, management wanted 4 hrs on vent to get payment

Current Employee - Rrt in Nampa, ID
    Current Employee - Rrt in Nampa, ID

I have been working at Advanced Lifeline Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice uniforms, loved the patients

Cons

saw patients as commodity/cash flow

Advice to Management

it is the president and HR who need to leave, cause they support abusive clinical managers

5. It was ok for a "job"

Former Employee - Equipment Tech
    Former Employee - Equipment Tech

I worked at Advanced Lifeline Services

Pros

pay was good, balanced work and life schedule, fairly easy work. my supervisor was easy to work with and talk to. usually got requested time off. I'm kinda glad that the techs were laid off because it gives the employees a chance to realize all the hard work we did.

Cons

therapist sometimes can try to run you over, you do the work that they're too lazy to do. Supervisor always spoke bad about their therapist behind their backs, discriminated and stereotyped against certain types of people. Management does not care about the employees that work for them

Advice to Management

Make it easier for employees to communicate with upper management if needed

6. Good to work with patients, but not enough respect from administration.

I have been working at Advanced Lifeline Services

Pros

Hours are guaranteed, provides uniforms, offers retirement plan. Flow sheets easy to chart on. Electronic clock-in and clock-out. Can transfer to other states and keep same seniority.

Cons

Only one uniform per year. Others may be purchased. Very busy work with difficulty getting away for breaks. May burn out from dealing with long term illnesses, death and occasional poor moods. Difficult to communicate with physicians and administrative matrix.

Advice to Management

Please rehire equipment techs. Perhaps they can be near-grads or new grads. Refining of policy and procedures to more reflect with AARC standards. Employee recognition for excellence and perhaps a newsletter for such as well as any changes, news, and recommended educational opportunities.

It was a great company to work for when I first started, but now is declining very fast.

I have been working at Advanced Lifeline Services

Pros

Decent pay, guaranteed hours. Retirement plan.

Cons

No support from Department Manager, if a co-workers calls in the manager does little or nothing to help out staff. Very busy 12 hour shifts, no time for breaks. Difficulty in finding time to finish care plans or other paperwork.

Advice to Management

Better decision making. Most policies implemented in the last year do not benefit their customer. There is an increased risk of harm to the patients that we provide care to.