Advanced Liquid Logic

Updated May 2, 2014
3.9

Advanced Liquid Logic President & CEO Richard West
Richard West

ALL is a fabulous company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Advanced Liquid Logic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pros: ALL developed a fascinating technology which supplies many niches. I took an energetic, enthusiastic, and humorous group of people to get through the startup stage and they can be very proud of their work. The setting is in a low-key and beautiful environment. I have almost nothing but good to say about this company. Compensation is quite reasonable.

Cons

I receive informal verbal assessments of my work. There does not seem to be a mechanism for people to advance, but if they want to try something new, management is quite open to that.

Reserach intern

Former Employee - Biochemistry Intern
    Former Employee - Biochemistry Intern

I worked at Advanced Liquid Logic as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great staff, very flexible work schedule, strong work ethic. It was a great work environment that i would consider returning to if I move back to the area.

Cons

Can be limited resources due to the competing projects.

Two faced? Absolutely!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at Advanced Liquid Logic full-time

Pros

Really laid back environment, allowing for casual dress. Located in a perfect spot in the RTP.

Cons

Management needs a face-lift! There isn't enough 'business' experience within the organization to make you feel as though you are a part of a 'real' company. Anyone coming from a well grounded business will see this place as highly unorganized and lacking direction.

Most of the management team are watching out for their own best interest and really shouldn't be trusted. You should definitely forget about confidential conversations being kept confidential!

Ever been stabbed in the back before? If you want to avoid, stay away from here as it appears to be a common theme, and is as full of drama as any daytime TV show out there.

Learn to treat all of your staff with respect.

Awesome

Former Employee - Intern in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Intern in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Advanced Liquid Logic

Pros

Friendly and personal atmosphere, you can approach just about anyone, very respectful and intelligent work place

Cons

Space can be a little crowded

Create more concrete requirements for projects, sometimes it seems a project's requirements are still being adjusted weeks after its been started

Small company, friendly research management team

I worked at Advanced Liquid Logic

Pros

...Small Company, so you get quite a bit of attention
    ...On the other hand, equipments aren't exactly free all the time, gotta learn to share.
    ...The same is true for time with management. Everyone's really busy, so you have to be patient sometimes. They do try to get to you as soon as possible.

Cons

...Small company, so growth potentials aren't as good as those of a bigger company
    ...Since its still a startup, funds are limited and compensation aren't as great as it could be

I think hiring more people with senior level and novice level experience with definitely help the company grow faster, if the funds are available.