Advanced Medical Personnel

Updated October 15, 2014
Updated October 15, 2014
3.8

Jennifer Fuicelli

Amazing experience, learned a lot

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Advanced Medical Personnel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Competitive pay and great benefits. They seem to have fun office culture and everyone I spoke to was really nice. Everyone was super helpful and I was able to learn a lot from my peers.

Cons

You have to be very outgoing and work at a fast-paced environment but otherwise, disappointed to leave.

Senior Recruiter

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Advanced Medical Personnel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fantastic CEO Jenn Fuicelli who understands the importance and strives to create a culture condusive for long term success. Tenured recruiters are helpful and willing to assist as needed.

Cons

Senior management significantly lacks training skills and materials to increase employee retention. Although a small family firm with less than 20 employees in CO branch, I noticed more turnover in this company than any other call center with 100+ employees. Lack of transparency and honesty during recruiting process with candidates lead to dissatisfied health professionals seeking other travel therapy companies who deliver on what they promise. Too many variables (internal and external) that dictate whether your candidate gets interviewed or not. They post fake job listings for health professionals in desired locations only to have us recruiters inform therapist they were recently closed when in reality the job opening never existed. As with any career be sure to complete your due diligence before interview.

You have fantastic tenured recruiters who are knowledgeable and well rounded in recruiting. Might be a great opportunity to promote from within more often.

The facility where I worked was short on instructions, complained when I worked the 8 hours a day

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

I have been working at Advanced Medical Personnel as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Staff was friendly, Facility was very pleasant;

Cons

Was not allowed to treat the patients as a professional; was told not to treat certain patients because they had been treated a few years ago. The two managers spent min time answering questions. The usual reply was " you can figure it out" when they bothered to reply at all. Many material were missing. I was informed that the office needed " to be straightened up, but when I did this, I was informed that I was 'wasting my time"

The professionals were not always treated as professionals,(from conversations with other therapists). Training and assistance was shockingly absent..

OK for contract work Therapists

Former Employee - Physical Therapist
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist

I worked at Advanced Medical Personnel as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Nationwide staffing options for contract therapists; staffing agency is familiar with rehab and takes a vested interest in the satisfaction of their contractors; weekly pay.

Cons

Not always clear/clean expectations for new employees on preparation for moving, housing and how benefits work including continuing education and hours guarantees/expextatuons. The benefits package appears much better on the website and initial communication than it is - ie: I was under the impression the company would find housing for me on each contract, that this was figured into the contract. Not so, I found I out the service cost 2k per month. I did not understand mcuh about how the benefits worked perhaps because I didn't ask the right questions but the company was not transparent until after I agreed to the first contract.

A more detailed informative interview should occur in which HR or recruiters should explain in detail all expectations and benefits. The company otherwise appears shady when these things are stumbled upon after hiring. Almost any therapist appears to be able to sign on and this speaks to the absence of the screening process.

Great Company

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Advanced Medical Personnel as a contractor

Pros

Highly recommend. Well trained honest recruiters. Good pay. Always available to answer questions. Good prep for the interview. Follow up throughout the process.

Cons

Most placements are only 13 weeks although that can vary. Mine was extended but they can also end early. You just never know.

Keep those good recruiters happy

all around great place

Current Employee - Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I have been working at Advanced Medical Personnel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very team driven, everyone being friendly and helpful! Management is quite family friendly as they're quite flexible and open to work with you if anything comes up. Obviously, you have to work hard to keep up but it really makes it all worthwhile when you realize how much you've grown professionally.

Cons

If you want to slack off, this isn't the place for you! Other than than that, it's a great place to work at.

Work Hard, Play Hard Mentality

Current Employee - Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I have been working at Advanced Medical Personnel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone's really awesome and really helpful. I worked in the Port Orange office and the location was beyond excellent. CEO is nice and down to earth, she always takes time out to talk to everyone (even the newbies) and makes you feel at home. You really feel like you can express any concerns or make suggestions and all departments work really close together to make any improvements.

Cons

Can sometimes be fast paced but at least beer cart Fridays are a good time to unwind.

Don't do it...management are all wolves in sheeps clothing!

Former Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I worked at Advanced Medical Personnel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Beer cart Friday, max two each. Big deal!

Cons

If you're looking at those pics thinking its a fun place to work, don't! Most those people were fired with no notice or quit before it was their turn. Definitely a burn em and churn em mentality! You fo well, book the travelers and then they pass them on to someone else before u can start making any real commission! No job security at all! They won't warn you either! You'll think you're doing great!

Like there's any hope for this bunch. They get their paycheck! They spend most of their time recruiting employees, not therapists!

Good if you are looking for a job.

I have been working at Advanced Medical Personnel

Pros

Really great staff. CO management was extremely nice to work for. Very helpful.

Cons

Extremely high turnover. Low chance of success.

Maybe be a little more upfront during interview process.

Very satisfied

Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I have been working at Advanced Medical Personnel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company culture is great. The CEO takes care of its employees and treats them as valuable asset and thinks different ways to make them satisfied. I am one of the satisfied employees of this company for couple of years now. The benefits has been great and everything you need is provided.

Cons

Fast-paced environment, definitely not for everyone who doesn't welcome challenges and changes in life.

Keep up the great work!