Advanced Medical Reviews

physical therapist

Current Employee - Contract Physical Therapist in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Contract Physical Therapist in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Advanced Medical

Pros

Great contact with recruiter, enthusiastic recruiter, good pay, great human resource dept. benefits day one, 13 weeks with option to continue as full time.

Cons

Recruiter is unfamiliar with territory due to distance and doesn't realize travel time with opening and reassignment can take time .

Advice to Management

None. Experienced people to deal with, and made transition easy from former living area to current living area. Great option. Would like to know if job could be permanent up front.

Friendly Team Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Orange, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Orange, FL

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Advanced Medical has a great, friendly team culture and truly cares about their employees and their success. The employee's success is the company's success. Beer cart Friday is a nice perk enjoyed by most when it happens.

Cons

The company is growing so quickly that I actually have work to do every day. Unlike the days when I used to have to find random things to do.

Advice to Management

There should be a larger soda selection on Beer Cart Friday for the non-beer drinkers. IBC Cream Soda and Root Beer perhaps!? :-)

Great overall experience

Former Employee - Senior Healthcare Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Healthcare Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I worked at Advanced Medical

Pros

Although I didn't make it with this company, the lessons and training provided were invaluable. It's not easy, and that was made pretty clear from the start, but most people we're very helpful and encouraging. Management was always present but not "micro" and seem to be genuinely interested in my success and I feel like even to the end, they were rooting for me to make it. They did promote several people in my short time on the job, so upward mobility is a truth.

Cons

This is a very busy office and the noise seemed to be the hardest thing to get accustomed to. It's an open floor plan, so you must be comfortable with little privacy.

Advice to Management

i would have appreciated more leads. I'm not confident that they were equally distributed. Some recruiters had thousands of people to call, I only had a few hundred.

Recruiter

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I worked at Advanced Medical

Pros

Benefits day one thats all and they are free.

Cons

Extremely Poor training offer alcohol to employees every friday from 2 til 5 while on clock no limit no support for new hires

Advice to Management

Implement training program mentors tell the trutb to new hires be transparent in all facets of organization requirements expectations

Senior Therapy Recruiter

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

There is tremendous potential in earnings for recruiters, which is/was very appealing for the position. The uncapped commission truly is a real benefit and can be very fruitful to one's financial standings. Some of the other "pro's" would include a somewhat relaxed work environment as well as the occasional "Beer 30" once every few weeks. I will say that therapists are treated very well and they tend to be very successful and because they are traveling, their work is very fruitful and they make very good money. I would recommend Advanced Medical to any therapist!

Cons

Objectively, there are 'cons' that make it very difficult to become very successful in the time allotted to do so. The office politics make it very, very difficult to feel valued as a recruiter as well as get good leads or to "move up" in the company. This role is absolutely a "numbers game" and they make that very clear upon hire, so there is never any surprise there. However, there is quite a bit that is out of the control of the recruiter which creates instability for your job, i.e. whether or not a therapist backs out of an offer, or they decide to take a permanent position after you've already submitted them to several travel opportunities. Because this isn't a typical sales role and there is so much out of a recruiter's control, it makes it difficult to maintain consistency, and if you don't meet the quota that management sets for you, it doesn't matter. Truly at the core, it is a numbers game, and even if 5 out of your 10 therapists decide to leave the contract, you have a very small time frame to replenish them, or you will be let go from the company, and those therapists are then dispersed to other recruiters within the company.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to invest in current staff and develop them into truly successful recruiters. There is evident office politics that create an unfair and uneven work environment, which makes it very difficult for all recruiters to succeed at the level demanded by management. I would recommend looking at the business model for recruiters and try to re-wire it so that the company wouldn't have to hire 5+ recruiters every 4 weeks and spend the money on training. Instead, invest time and effort into current staff instead.

Advanced Medical Response

Jun 8, 2015

At Advanced Medical, we do our best to ensure that each new employee is aware of the job, its challenges, and expectations. This is communicated throughout the interview process, training, and weekly ... More

This job is second to none!!!

Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Teamwork!!! We are seriously a family here. Everyone works together towards the same goal. We are taking this industry by storm and quickly becoming the top firm in the industry.

Cons

it is very difficult to "shut down" your work mode after hours or on vacations. This job can create a "workaholic" personality, however this is something that can be addressed and fixed if it becomes a personal problem.

Advice to Management

Keep the fun alive!!! Thank you for this amazing opportunity

Amazing Employer!!!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Advanced Medical

Pros

This is literally the best job that I've ever had during my 15+ year career. I work internally in a Recruiting position and the culture is amazing! The hours and salary are very competitive with similar positions in the area. For once I can honestly say that I LOVE MY JOB!

Cons

My position as a Recruiter can be a stressful position at times; however, the unity and mentorship that I've received from my peers and management have helped me tremendously. If there is a way to provide a graceful and enjoyable position in Recruiting, Advanced Medical has found it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

If you a need a job to get by for a little bit this will do

Former Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter
    Former Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people who work there are friendly and they have a lot of fun events.

Cons

This is a rotating door company where the people who work there for a long time don't do much work. They inherit a lot of travelers that the short time employees get ready and placed. I was there for four months and I was the 18th person to leave in that time frame. They have constant morale meetings because most people don't want to go to work there. There isn't a lot of chance for success. If you are desperate for a paycheck this can get you by while you look for something else but don't turn down another job to work there and don't stop looking for even one day while you are there.

Advice to Management

If you really want to have long term recruiters set them up for success. Work on real training tips and don't always talk about your individual successes to try and get people on board. That only kills morale as employees see great success in some employees that they just can't get.

Senior Recruiter

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic CEO Jenn Fuicelli who understands the importance and strives to create a culture condusive for long term success. Tenured recruiters are helpful and willing to assist as needed.

Cons

Senior management significantly lacks training skills and materials to increase employee retention. Although a small family firm with less than 20 employees in CO branch, I noticed more turnover in this company than any other call center with 100+ employees. Lack of transparency and honesty during recruiting process with candidates lead to dissatisfied health professionals seeking other travel therapy companies who deliver on what they promise. Too many variables (internal and external) that dictate whether your candidate gets interviewed or not. They post fake job listings for health professionals in desired locations only to have us recruiters inform therapist they were recently closed when in reality the job opening never existed. As with any career be sure to complete your due diligence before interview.

Advice to Management

You have fantastic tenured recruiters who are knowledgeable and well rounded in recruiting. Might be a great opportunity to promote from within more often.

Amazing experience, learned a lot

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay and great benefits. They seem to have fun office culture and everyone I spoke to was really nice. Everyone was super helpful and I was able to learn a lot from my peers.

Cons

You have to be very outgoing and work at a fast-paced environment but otherwise, disappointed to leave.

RSS Feed </> Embed