Advanced Medical Reviews

Jennifer Fuicelli

1. Recruiting can be tough, but very rewarding

Current Employee - Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

Pros

The company culture is the best I've ever been apart of. I personally love the setup and work structure as a recruiter. Helping people find jobs on top of being lucrative is a win-win situation. The team is friendly and management always comes up with clever ideas to bring departments together

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but it can be challenging job for someone not fit for a sales position. But at the same time it's very rewarding. Also maybe more training but who doesn't want/need that

Advice to Management

Update your training material and make it more accessible

2. awesome company

Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

Pros

Not only do I get to work in a career I love but get to work for a company who values its employees! I am so thankful to be apart of the AMPS family! And look forward to many years with my work family!!

Cons

I don't have that many negatives. Maybe do more fun activities in the office?

Advice to Management

Keep taking care of your employees!

Senior Therapy Recruiter

Pros

Great Atmosphere to work in.

Cons

Poor Training. No help when you are on your own after training.

Advice to Management

Spend more then a week in training

5. My advice is to RUN!!!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

Pros

I have no pros to list.

Cons

Pay attention to ALL the negative reviews listed, these are authentic. The five star reviews are submitted by IT department or submitted by management.

Advice to Management

Be honest

6. Do NOT be fooled by the facade, this is basically a car dealership

Current Employee - Senior Nurse Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Nurse Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

Pros

- Lax work environment - Wear anything you want

Cons

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR TRAVEL NURSING, THIS IS NOT THE COMPANY YOU WANT. YOU WILL LOSE $$$$ - Their Margin's for the company are extremely high (23%). Nurses have no idea how much money they are losing with this company on every contract. - They feed ALL of their best leads to the most senior staff. - They will fire you with no notice, no chance to improve any deficiencies or performance improvement opportunity. JUST thanks and bye - While everyone seems very friendly, most are scared they will lose their job any day (Nursing Dept. had only 3-4 performing recruiters, out of 15! - This is a high turnover job and you shouldn't expect to stay long. - I asked myself during the interview if their metrics were achievable. The response: "Most of the senior staff here feel that it is attainable, yes." Ladies and gentlemen, let me explain why this isn't the case. 1. The Travel Pool or call list they use is heavily used, with some potential candidates being called 6-8 times a month. These are people who explicitly saying they DO NOT WANT TO DO TRAVEL WORK. Yet, despite myself and others removing them from the pool, the end up back in our call logs. 2. You will ONLY get "fresh" candidates if you make your 100 calls daily, which is reasonable.. EXCEPT, that most of these will be duplicate candidates who have already applied before and were usually passed on. DO NOT TAKE this job unless you are doing it as a temporary solution and start searching for new employment almost immediately after starting. I'm 28 years old, served as a Medic in Iraq and have only been let go from one other job in my life. It's not personal, it's just a numbers game.

Advice to Management

Learn to be human beings. Most respectful companies offer performance improvement plans for under performing staff. I was not afforded this privilege and was "let go" with no notice that I might be losing my job or even have the opportunity to improve. While you are legally at no fault, this is incredulous.

physical therapist

Current Employee - Contract Physical Therapist in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Contract Physical Therapist in West Chester, PA

Pros

Great contact with recruiter, enthusiastic recruiter, good pay, great human resource dept. benefits day one, 13 weeks with option to continue as full time.

Cons

Recruiter is unfamiliar with territory due to distance and doesn't realize travel time with opening and reassignment can take time .

Advice to Management

None. Experienced people to deal with, and made transition easy from former living area to current living area. Great option. Would like to know if job could be permanent up front.

Avoid at all costs

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, unless you like making 100 phone calls/day to people who have no interest in speaking with you or working with a second-rate recruiting company.

Cons

Poor pay, poor work environment, high turnover, no chance for advancement, and no training whatsoever - a black hole on anyone's resume.

Advice to Management

Please take repeated courses on ethics and improve the way you do business.

Friendly Team Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Orange, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Orange, FL

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Advanced Medical has a great, friendly team culture and truly cares about their employees and their success. The employee's success is the company's success. Beer cart Friday is a nice perk enjoyed by most when it happens.

Cons

The company is growing so quickly that I actually have work to do every day. Unlike the days when I used to have to find random things to do.

Advice to Management

There should be a larger soda selection on Beer Cart Friday for the non-beer drinkers. IBC Cream Soda and Root Beer perhaps!? :-)

Great overall experience

Former Employee - Senior Healthcare Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Healthcare Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

Pros

Although I didn't make it with this company, the lessons and training provided were invaluable. It's not easy, and that was made pretty clear from the start, but most people we're very helpful and encouraging. Management was always present but not "micro" and seem to be genuinely interested in my success and I feel like even to the end, they were rooting for me to make it. They did promote several people in my short time on the job, so upward mobility is a truth.

Cons

This is a very busy office and the noise seemed to be the hardest thing to get accustomed to. It's an open floor plan, so you must be comfortable with little privacy.

Advice to Management

i would have appreciated more leads. I'm not confident that they were equally distributed. Some recruiters had thousands of people to call, I only had a few hundred.

Recruiter

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

Pros

Benefits day one thats all and they are free.

Cons

Extremely Poor training offer alcohol to employees every friday from 2 til 5 while on clock no limit no support for new hires

Advice to Management

Implement training program mentors tell the trutb to new hires be transparent in all facets of organization requirements expectations

RSS Feed </> Embed