Advanced Medical Reviews Reviews

3.4
Advanced Medical Reviews CEO Vince Bianco
Vince Bianco

1. A growing company

Pros

Company is growing so that will give employees with determination and drive room for advancement. The management has been working diligently over the last 2 years to improve company structure and the results are now showing. I would highly recommend this company for individuals who are interested in healthcare and healthcare management. They provide a ton of perks for their employees, many that you will not find at other companies of this size and is this business sector. Overall a great place to work.

Cons

Office can be too quiet. It would be great to find a way to add a bit more energy.

Medical Review Coordinator

Former Employee - Medical Review Coordinator in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Review Coordinator in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some good benefits were stated online and AMR cares for the quality of care of their patients.

Cons

Unethical healthcare organization! The job description stated entry level experience and received an email that my qualifications did not meet their requirements, which is bizarre because I have related health care work experience. The pay is $16.00 which is ridiculous for the amount of job that needs to be completed. I am NEVER applying for small healthcare organizations!!

Advice to Management

N/A

Impressive positive shift in company in past couple years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management has been taking strides to revamp the culture at the company for a couple of years now and I think things are greatly improved and now a very positive place to work. The schedule flexibility and options to work remote/independently are very nice and the people working here are a bunch of really smart and friendly people.

Cons

The traffic can be tough, but where isn't it?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing to make the employees feel welcomed and appreciated

Unethical Business Practices

Former Employee - Medical Review Coordinator II in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Review Coordinator II in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility with regard to schedule and working from home. Great coworkers. Easy to be hired since the Review Coordinator job requires no experience.

Cons

Owners of the company were incompetent and made decisions without consulting the ground troops. Massive communications issues and gross violations of ethical standards. I left after a year and a half there once I realized how deep things ran and how changes would not be made. I had no job lined up for after I left, but I just couldn't stand to work there anymore.

Advice to Management

It's been a while since I've been there, so I'm not sure what changes (if any) have been made. If the same people are still running that business, then my recommendation would be for them to step down from leadership roles and let someone who knows how to properly run a business take over.

Advanced Medical Reviews Response

Jul 17, 2015 – CEO

It's a little difficult to respond to your review since I don't know how long ago you left us. However, let me say that since I assumed the role of CEO two years ago, the executive team has made it a ... More

Excellent company to work for!

I have been working at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have the pleasure of working for an amazing company. They definitely live and preach their core values: dedication, selflessness and a can do attitude. They truly believe that "every patient should receive quality healthcare." I look forward coming to work every day because I know that every meeting, every email and every interaction with staff has an impact on a patient. The decisions and jobs we perform are helping thousands of patients, that to me is truly gratifying. Of course AMR also gives its employees very special perks! Perks like coffee/tea available every time in the break room, snacks every other Thursday (which sometimes equals to a full meal!), monthly birthday celebrations, quarterly staff events, just to mention a few. They take care of their employees..... we are a family!

Cons

Like any company, there is always room for improvement. And AMR acknowledges that. AMR works constantly on the obstacles or situations where it knows it's not at it's best. Being an employee for a company that works towards that, is something I appreciate! AMR is trying its hardest to excel as a company so they can deliver the best product and ensure that "every patient receives quality healthcare".

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work on trying to improve areas of opportunity!

Positive relationships and High standards

Pros

I was delighted to be greeted by AMR's CEO by a phone call when I first got hired. He seemed personable, professional and genuinely excited to have me on staff. I appreciate the high standards for not only what they do, but also how they present themselves at AMR. I am very satisfied with my job.

Cons

As someone unaccustomed to working in the medical field, I was surprised by how long it took for me to fully understand what AMR does.

AMR review

I have been working at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great and quick to help

Cons

Low pay no initiative low raises

Advice to Management

Pay more, give more initative, think of the cost of living when figuring starting pay

Advanced Medical Reviews Response

Jun 24, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I encourage you to meet with your supervisor or manager to discuss what opportunities there are for you for advancement within your department ... More

Clinical Quality RN

Current Employee - Clinical Quality RN in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Quality RN in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a positive and refreshing vibe that permeates throughout the company's culture which stems from the encouragement, guidance, and education the owners provide. Moreover, the company hires competent staff who have upbeat personalities, strong work ethics & values, and caring demeanor. Regardless of your role in the company, all employees are ready and willing to assist one another. There is a high tolerance for sharing thoughts, ideas, and creative, outside of the box thinking - - so long as such thinking is aligned with the company's mission - - ensuring every patient receives quality healthcare. A huge emphasis is placed on ensuring compliance and as a result, this organization is headed in the right direction.

Cons

There is plenty of food at all times...the owners are always buying the staff amazing lunches and treats - - if you are watching your weight, be sure to head to the 24-Hour Fitness across the way in the same business complex.

10. Couldn

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

Great team atmosphere Ability to work remotely Awesome support staff Great new office space Company socials Amazing Management - always willing to talk to you regardless if it is work related or not - they take a personal interest in you as a human not just an employee

Cons

I do not have any cons to list at the moment. I feel the company has the same growing pain issues as any other company, management is very aware of the need to find the right staff for the positions and does a very good job at interviewing candidates to ensure the fit.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!...AMR is a great place to work and I look forward to growing with the company.

Grateful to work for this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My interactions in the company are primarily with sales and client support as well as executive level personnel and have had nothing but great experiences working with the people at AMR. I find my coworkers to be transparent, sharp and passionate about their role and friendly and supportive to work with. I have had an all around positive experience with this AMR.

Cons

I don't know if it would be considered a con but I have had to learn on my own a lot. I have great freedom but with that at some times has come lack of support. The company has seen great growth in operations and business at times it has been hard to see the future vision.

Advice to Management

Mainly keep up what we are doing, expound on company goals.

RSS Feed </> Embed