Advanced Medical Reviews Reviews

Advanced Medical Reviews CEO Vince Bianco
Vince Bianco

1. Impressive positive shift in company in past couple years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management has been taking strides to revamp the culture at the company for a couple of years now and I think things are greatly improved and now a very positive place to work. The schedule flexibility and options to work remote/independently are very nice and the people working here are a bunch of really smart and friendly people.

Cons

The traffic can be tough, but where isn't it?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing to make the employees feel welcomed and appreciated

Excellent company to work for!

I have been working at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have the pleasure of working for an amazing company. They definitely live and preach their core values: dedication, selflessness and a can do attitude. They truly believe that "every patient should receive quality healthcare." I look forward coming to work every day because I know that every meeting, every email and every interaction with staff has an impact on a patient. The decisions and jobs we perform are helping thousands of patients, that to me is truly gratifying. Of course AMR also gives its employees very special perks! Perks like coffee/tea available every time in the break room, snacks every other Thursday (which sometimes equals to a full meal!), monthly birthday celebrations, quarterly staff events, just to mention a few. They take care of their employees..... we are a family!

Cons

Like any company, there is always room for improvement. And AMR acknowledges that. AMR works constantly on the obstacles or situations where it knows it's not at it's best. Being an employee for a company that works towards that, is something I appreciate! AMR is trying its hardest to excel as a company so they can deliver the best product and ensure that "every patient receives quality healthcare".

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work on trying to improve areas of opportunity!

AMR review

I have been working at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great and quick to help

Cons

Low pay no initiative low raises

Advice to Management

Pay more, give more initative, think of the cost of living when figuring starting pay

Advanced Medical Reviews Response

Jun 24, 2015CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

I encourage you to meet with your supervisor or manager to discuss what opportunities there are for you for advancement within your department
    ... More

Positive relationships and High standards

I have been working at Advanced Medical Reviews

Pros

I was delighted to be greeted by AMR's CEO by a phone call when I first got hired. He seemed personable, professional and genuinely excited to have me on staff. I appreciate the high standards for not only what they do, but also how they present themselves at AMR. I am very satisfied with my job.

Cons

As someone unaccustomed to working in the medical field, I was surprised by how long it took for me to fully understand what AMR does.

Clinical Quality RN

Current Employee - Clinical Quality RN in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Quality RN in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a positive and refreshing vibe that permeates throughout the company's culture which stems from the encouragement, guidance, and education the owners provide. Moreover, the company hires competent staff who have upbeat personalities, strong work ethics & values, and caring demeanor. Regardless of your role in the company, all employees are ready and willing to assist one another. There is a high tolerance for sharing thoughts, ideas, and creative, outside of the box thinking - - so long as such thinking is aligned with the company's mission - - ensuring every patient receives quality healthcare. A huge emphasis is placed on ensuring compliance and as a result, this organization is headed in the right direction.

Cons

There is plenty of food at all times...the owners are always buying the staff amazing lunches and treats - - if you are watching your weight, be sure to head to the 24-Hour Fitness across the way in the same business complex.

7. Couldn

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Advanced Medical Reviews

Pros

Great team atmosphere
    Ability to work remotely
    Awesome support staff
    Great new office space
    Company socials
    Amazing Management - always willing to talk to you regardless if it is work related or not - they take a personal interest in you as a human not just an employee

Cons

I do not have any cons to list at the moment. I feel the company has the same growing pain issues as any other company, management is very aware of the need to find the right staff for the positions and does a very good job at interviewing candidates to ensure the fit.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!...AMR is a great place to work and I look forward to growing with the company.

8. Grateful to work for this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My interactions in the company are primarily with sales and client support as well as executive level personnel and have had nothing but great experiences working with the people at AMR. I find my coworkers to be transparent, sharp and passionate about their role and friendly and supportive to work with. I have had an all around positive experience with this AMR.

Cons

I don't know if it would be considered a con but I have had to learn on my own a lot. I have great freedom but with that at some times has come lack of support. The company has seen great growth in operations and business at times it has been hard to see the future vision.

Advice to Management

Mainly keep up what we are doing, expound on company goals.

It's a work in progress

Current Employee - Medical Review Coordinator
    Current Employee - Medical Review Coordinator

I have been working at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home when you're sick or out of town
    Frequent free lunches
    New office space with a great location and convenient parking
    Casual dress
    Flexibility
    Overtime

Cons

I have worked at AMR for almost 2 years. It is an okay place to work. AMR is making efforts to improve. However, it doesn't seem as though everyone is on board and/or following through. I work in the operations department and it's like a lobsters in a barrel kind of environment sometimes. Your productivity and quality scores make up most of your performance evaluation to determine if you are receiving a raise or promotion. The peer grading system was recently "eliminated". Now, instead of a grading system there is a 'feedback' system which is just another opportunity for your peers to point out any small error (extra spaces c'mon?!). With this new system you can quickly select a bunch of negative feedback and then there's a small little box for positive feedback. There is barely anyone that will give out positive feedback.
    The pay is decent if you plan on living at home with your parents or getting a small studio with a roommate. There's no way you can afford to pay rent an apartment in this Los Angeles area on your own and still be able to afford food, gas, and pay bills on time with this salary. I believe this is why it hasn't really gained appeal as a long term career. AMR will always have the advantage because new grads are hungry for a job straight out of college. Consequently, AMR doesn't treat their current employees like valuable assets or make enough effort to ensure everyone is financially able to put in more than a year or two as an employee here.

Advice to Management

The productivity needs to be adjusted. It isn't fair that operations employees have to spend so much time trying to secure a reviewer and have it affect something that's so important to the performance evaluation and to overtime opportunities. Also, when cases get re-opened (for no fault of our own) there should be productivity points added for that as well. It isn't right to have to do extra work on a cases and receive 0 extra points for it. Even the reviewers get more time to work on cases that are opened again (from no fault of their own).
    Recognize more efforts instead of putting 100% focus and attention on what could use improvement. Not everyone responds well to that.
    Good job on the improvements so far but there's definitely more work to be done to make this company a company you'd like to work for long term

10. Clinical Quality Nurse

Current Employee - Clinical Quality Nurse in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Clinical Quality Nurse in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am pretty new to the company, however, I have worked in many team environments and I realized very quickly during my training what an excellent team environment there is at this company. The employees really have each other's backs, help each other out, actually speak to one another. There's a conducive and educational work culture-the upper management is always willing to help you learn, but also everyone else is also involved in that also. As a new employee, everyone would pitch in. They wouldn't just sit there and say "ask me if you need anything", they would actually jump up and say "let me show you how to do that". The upper management is very involved with all levels of their employees, regardless of what kind of work they do, they are all treated the same and respect goes both directions.

Cons

I have absolutely nothing bad to share about AMR. It is a wonderful place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing....the training program was great, everyone in the office was very helpful and always willing to lend a hand. It is hard to find that.

Clinical Quality RN

Former Employee - Registered Nurse Quality Assurance in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse Quality Assurance in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The non medical team working on reviews are a good group with whom to work and despite their poor pay and physical conditions they make the best of it and support each other.

Cons

Owners are very difficult and they edged me out because my salary was not to their liking and they falsified my annual review. I work very hard and saw upwards of 85 reviews per day and earned an award from colleagues.I coached and had a very positive relationship with physician reviewers and coworkers.

Advice to Management

Be honest.

Advanced Medical Reviews Response

May 1, 2015CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. As a former employee working in our Quality Department as an RN, it has been quite some time since you left us, since we have not had a team member ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed