Advanced Resources (IL)

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Leo Sheridan

1. One of the very best full service staffing firms in Chicago!

I have been working at Advanced Resources (IL) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, strong values, competitive but team-oriented culture, very sales-driven without losing quality focus, a CEO with true integrity, growing organization with multiple lines of business including Office, IT, HR, Accounting & Finance, Healthcare and creative staffing solutions. Great earning potential IF you are a recruiter who also loves business development and sales. Committed to technology, involved in the community, multi-award winning firm. Fun, hardworking, passionate culture, Recognition program, company trip potential, full benefits.

Cons

Inconsistent and outdated ideas about flex time, work from home options. Some get flexibility; some don't
    Excellent training for some divisions and functions; weaker for others
    Expensive premiums and high deductibles for health coverage, especially for families
    Business Development is handled inconsistently across divisions

Advice to Management

It would be nice to see a consistent, leadership embraced, performance-based policy that demonstrates a more progressive and consistent approach to work/life balance options including flexible hours, remote work options, job sharing, part-time options, etc.
    Develop a consistent, cohesive sales strategy with a unified approach across business lines.
    In addition to being paid well, employees need to feel encouraged, appreciated, valued and heard,(not just top producers). Most leadership succeeds in this area. A few should continue to move away from fear-based or sarcastic/"back-handed compliment" approach.

2. Wonderful place to work!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Advanced Resources (IL) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are awesome. The clients they partner with are very professional. Solid company, great environment.

Cons

When I worked there it was a lot of employees with not a lot of years experience. There may be some employees there now with more work experience.

3. Unethical & Unprofessional

Former Employee - Contractor
    Former Employee - Contractor

I worked at Advanced Resources (IL) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was paid on time & weekly.

Cons

As a former contractor with Advanced Resources I strongly caution you to document all contact with this staffing agency every step of the way. This cannot be overstated.

After completing a 6-month assignment with Advanced Resources in 2013, I worked with two different recruiters on average 3x/week for new opportunities. Unfortunately, this continued effort on my part yielded zero (0) employment results with Advanced Resources and I found employment with a larger firm.

On four (4) separate occasions thereafter, Advanced Resources contested my IDES claim. They stated I was not eligible for the unemployment benefits received and contested my eligibility to receive any benefits whatsoever. They falsely claimed weekly contact was not maintained; in addition, they falsely claimed I was not actively seeking work during the time I was unemployed. Remember, this happened to me on four (4) separate occasions.

When I reached out to the Director of Advanced Resources in the Downers Grove office for an explanation, she told me she did not know why I was being pursues in this way, because one of her recruiters stated that I did, indeed, remain in contact with him.

This was an extremely negative and stressful experience, multiplied by four (4), and I won each case against me. All four (4) times.

Documentation is key in every business transaction and can be your source of protection from future problems. Keep a log of all communication and use e-mail to your advantage. Even if you are falsely accused, the facts will speak for themselves and you will win in the end. I did. I won four (4) times defending myself against the false claims of Advanced Resources.

Be very careful who you align your reputation with.  There are dishonest people within honest businesses who can falsely accuse you in order to deny you of benefits you have earned. One dishonest employee can damage the reputation of an entire organization and cause you undeserved harassment and distress.

5. I Can't Imagine Working Anywhere Else

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advanced Resources (IL) part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been at Advanced Resources for eighteen years and I cannot imagine working for another staffing firm, ever. We have a phenomenal culture, a hard-working, fun loving team, and our growth has been exciting. Advanced Resources has won many fantastic awards for being a best-in-class employer. In short, I'm incredibly proud of the work we do, the difference we make, and the people in our company.

Cons

Our biggest challenges are related to our fast pace of growth!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. Great People, Great Company!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advanced Resources (IL) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small company feel, with big company resources.
    Not afraid to invest and change with the times.
    Open door policies with managers.
    Professional individuals that respect each other.
    Yearly award trips.
    Compensation tied to merit.

Cons

Lack of locations nationwide limits life opportunities in other cities.

Advice to Management

None.

7. Would jump at the chance to work for this company again.

Former Contractor - W2/Garnishment in Deerfield, IL
    Former Contractor - W2/Garnishment in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Advanced Resources (IL) as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I really felt sorry to leave this company. I truly enjoyed working here.

Cons

The job ended way to soon.

Interview was good.

Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advanced Resources (IL) (Less than a year)

Pros

Never had the opportunity to realize any pros.

Cons

Led me to believe that they could place me. We have "many opportunities".

Advice to Management

Recruiter never returned my calls. Said he would send me the tests to take - never did despite me calling and leaving voice mails as well as e-mails. Led me to believe there were many jobs. How can someone with over 20 years experience, good references not be given any opportunities. Total disappointment!

9. Horrible

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Advanced Resources (IL) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not working for them. Never seeing them again.

Cons

Working for them!! One word..........unprofessional

Advice to Management

Hire non cosmetic recruiters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CyberNavigator

Current Employee - CyberNavigator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - CyberNavigator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advanced Resources (IL) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work hours are extremely flexible! possibibilty of travel within city (I enjoy travel so this is a plus, but to others it may be a negative) Pay is very good for computer work. Perfect for Students who need a part time job.

Cons

Only capable of working 20 hours-unless hired full time, which takes about 3 years to get.

11. General observations

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advanced Resources (IL)

Pros

Commitment to values and mission - performance based organization

Cons

Family owned organization with family values can be challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop Mgt staff

RSS Feed </> Embed