Advanced Resources (IL) Reviews

1. Exceptional Team & Amazing Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Advanced Resources (IL) full-time

Pros

After spending five years at a national staffing firm, I had the opportunity to join the team at Advanced Resources. What drew me to Advanced was the internal team, coupled with the company's vision, mission, values and goals. Our goal is to make a difference every day, and I truly believe we do. Advanced treats their associates and clients with the utmost respect, just as they do their internal employees. Advanced not only brings strong leaders into the company, but they also invest time and money into the continuing development of those leaders' skills. Advanced understands that developing their employees and honing in on the skill sets pertaining to their industry is what separates them from the thousands of other staffing firms in the Chicago land area. Being a part of an exceptional team, with an amazing culture, where I feel challenged every day, is what keeps me energized to come to work. I am thankful that I joined such a fantastic organization and proud to say that I work for Advanced Resources.

Cons

There are no cons or downsides.

Advice to Management

There is no advice to management.

2. Corporate Services

Current Employee - Corporate Services in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate Services in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advanced Resources (IL) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Small company environment, with large company infrastructure. Not a ton of red tape to really make a difference. Great group of people work here, and the negative ones get weeded out eventually.

Cons

Similar to other staffing firms, there can be some turnover.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the core values, and you'll continue to see the great progress you've already enjoyed.

3. Mediocre experience

I worked at Advanced Resources (IL) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many great friendships one can form here. Corporate events are beyond compare. Office space is generally quite nice. There are some industry experts that can educate you on staffing.

Cons

Management goes through too many changes of responsibility. Many times the company loses clients based on lack of performance due to a chaotically specialized and separated team. Cross selling is never rewarded as it should be, making each team fend for themselves. Too many divisions call upon the same clients versus working together. Management is quite poor. There is a large separation of reality to practice within the organization stemming from false promises and decision making and action without approval from the higher ups. Reward is given not to people who over perform but rather to those who are struggling.

Advice to Management

With high attrition, new management should be made a consideration. Additionally, make the environment more transparent when making decision about one's future. Furthermore, don't make false promises when they cannot be delivered upon. Be more truthful about expectations and opportunities. Minimize divisional structure within industry to ensure better servicing to clients. Reevaluate the pay structure to be comparable to the industry. Reevaluate the commission structure to incentivize individuals to selling more. Fire individuals who consistently underperform and cause drama within offices.

5. Never Again... Watch out for them!

Former Employee - Staffing Consultant
    Former Employee - Staffing Consultant

I worked at Advanced Resources (IL) full-time

Pros

Good people, marketing, and overall presence in Illinois.

Cons

- Cold calling all day long. No book of business. - Upper management - lack there of. - 15 people quit in less than 6 months, including people who were there for a very long time. - They bring people over from other firms to take client lists, but then when you leave they thing they have rights to the clients. - Gossip about other firms and talk bad about people. (northbrook). - Heavy on metrics... - Very low salary - People never want to do there jobs right/correctly - Take business from SNI

Advice to Management

Be more professional (including attire). Obviously if 15 people quit your company in less than 6 months, I would refrain from coming at them with lawyers, you are only going to stir the pot!

6. Talk about a company doing a 180! Unethical and unprofessional in the matter of one year!

I worked at Advanced Resources (IL) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Looking back, what I thought were positives about this company when I began working there, actually turned out to be smoke and mirrors. At this time, I would say there are no Pros that come to mind when thinking about my employment at Advanced Resources.

Cons

This company turned a 180 while working there. When I began my employment, they spoke about great core values, a positive team environment and training that would lead me to be successful. Absolutely none of those things came to life while I was there. The company did not demonstrate any of the values it claimed to have, the leadership was riddled with favoritism, condescending management styles and a philosophy of how a staffing company should be run that was stuck in the stone ages. You were completely viewed as a number and if you were not one of the top performers, you virtually didn't exist and walked into work every day fearing that you were going to be fired. There was no training program and if you reached out to a fellow top performer for help, they would tell you they were too busy working on their spread to help you out. I have never felt so shut down and pushed out of a company or my career for that matter as I did for the year that I spent at Advanced Resources.

Advice to Management

Take the time to actually speak and listen to your employees. They are living and breathing it every day and maybe if you stopped worrying about spread and your bottom line for once, you would actually get their buy in have a team to support you and and work with you, instead of receiving reviews like this one.

7. One of the very best full service staffing firms in Chicago!

I have been working at Advanced Resources (IL) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, strong values, competitive but team-oriented culture, very sales-driven without losing quality focus, a CEO with true integrity, growing organization with multiple lines of business including Office, IT, HR, Accounting & Finance, Healthcare and creative staffing solutions. Great earning potential IF you are a recruiter who also loves business development and sales. Committed to technology, involved in the community, multi-award winning firm. Fun, hardworking, passionate culture, Recognition program, company trip potential, full benefits.

Cons

Inconsistent and outdated ideas about flex time, work from home options. Some get flexibility; some don't Excellent training for some divisions and functions; weaker for others Expensive premiums and high deductibles for health coverage, especially for families Business Development is handled inconsistently across divisions

Advice to Management

It would be nice to see a consistent, leadership embraced, performance-based policy that demonstrates a more progressive and consistent approach to work/life balance options including flexible hours, remote work options, job sharing, part-time options, etc. Develop a consistent, cohesive sales strategy with a unified approach across business lines. In addition to being paid well, employees need to feel encouraged, appreciated, valued and heard,(not just top producers). Most leadership succeeds in this area. A few should continue to move away from fear-based or sarcastic/"back-handed compliment" approach.

8. Wonderful place to work!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Advanced Resources (IL) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are awesome. The clients they partner with are very professional. Solid company, great environment.

Cons

When I worked there it was a lot of employees with not a lot of years experience. There may be some employees there now with more work experience.

9. Unethical & Unprofessional

Former Employee - Contractor
    Former Employee - Contractor

I worked at Advanced Resources (IL) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was paid on time & weekly.

Cons

As a former contractor with Advanced Resources I strongly caution you to document all contact with this staffing agency every step of the way. This cannot be overstated. After completing a 6-month assignment with Advanced Resources in 2013, I worked with two different recruiters on average 3x/week for new opportunities. Unfortunately, this continued effort on my part yielded zero (0) employment results with Advanced Resources and I found employment with a larger firm. On four (4) separate occasions thereafter, Advanced Resources contested my IDES claim. They stated I was not eligible for the unemployment benefits received and contested my eligibility to receive any benefits whatsoever. They falsely claimed weekly contact was not maintained; in addition, they falsely claimed I was not actively seeking work during the time I was unemployed. Remember, this happened to me on four (4) separate occasions. When I reached out to the Director of Advanced Resources in the Downers Grove office for an explanation, she told me she did not know why I was being pursues in this way, because one of her recruiters stated that I did, indeed, remain in contact with him. This was an extremely negative and stressful experience, multiplied by four (4), and I won each case against me. All four (4) times. Documentation is key in every business transaction and can be your source of protection from future problems. Keep a log of all communication and use e-mail to your advantage. Even if you are falsely accused, the facts will speak for themselves and you will win in the end. I did. I won four (4) times defending myself against the false claims of Advanced Resources. Be very careful who you align your reputation with.  There are dishonest people within honest businesses who can falsely accuse you in order to deny you of benefits you have earned. One dishonest employee can damage the reputation of an entire organization and cause you undeserved harassment and distress.

10. I Can't Imagine Working Anywhere Else

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advanced Resources (IL) part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been at Advanced Resources for eighteen years and I cannot imagine working for another staffing firm, ever. We have a phenomenal culture, a hard-working, fun loving team, and our growth has been exciting. Advanced Resources has won many fantastic awards for being a best-in-class employer. In short, I'm incredibly proud of the work we do, the difference we make, and the people in our company.

Cons

Our biggest challenges are related to our fast pace of growth!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

11. Great People, Great Company!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advanced Resources (IL) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small company feel, with big company resources. Not afraid to invest and change with the times. Open door policies with managers. Professional individuals that respect each other. Yearly award trips. Compensation tied to merit.

Cons

Lack of locations nationwide limits life opportunities in other cities.

Advice to Management

None.

RSS Feed </> Embed