Advanced Semiconductor Engineering

Be The First To
Add Photos

Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Chairman and CEO Jason C. S. Chang

Jason C. S. Chang

Exiting times at a leading Semiconductor back-end Taiwanese subcontractor.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsTeam diversity and drive are really motivating, ASE definitly does not hire clones of their existing employees and I found that the most performing peers among my team were in fact outstanding individuals. The evolving technology environment, ASE is always willing to capture and grow there technology leadership in the market and this allows for employee to work on hot new trends quite often. Because the semiconductor is a truely international industry, trips to the factories in Asia or the customers are to be expected.Finally despite being new to the industry when I joined, the management entrusted me to take decisions and rewarded autonomy.

ConsI did get a feeling of a glass ceiling for non-taiwanese because most senior management share this and some corporate events were Taiwan only gatherings even if this was not a written rule. Personally got frustrated with the fact that bonus was discretionary to department head. Is is really hard to correlate bonus to performance (KPI) which feels quite unfair.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany culture is very clearly stated to employees and the company gatherings are true team builders. I sincerely appreciated these events and I hope these will be kept. My main concerns had to do with retribution of performance and career planing visibility at ASE yet I probably could have done more do benefit from the existing structures had I been more patient.

Overall

Pros1. Growing business
    2. Growing job opportunity
    3. Flexible working environment
    4. Great environment for learning and building career growth in semiconductor industry

Cons1. High competition environment
    2. Outsource service provider - not a product company

pretty bad place to work

Account Manager (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

Prospeople in management rarely criticize you because everyone knows you are too busy to do anything right

Cons1. low pay
    2. no career advancement. people that left ase in the past are coming back, not because this company is getting better but because they can't find better jobs. people that stick around know they can't find better jobs.
    3. people in management focus on superficial issues instead of the obvious fundamental root problems that burden everyone.
    4. management's altitude. for a company that provides manufacturing service to most high tech companies in the world, is it weird that the management always talks about market share and never about customer service?
    5. no it infrastructure. people in the sales office spend at least 30% of their time doing something that computers have been doing in other companies for a long time. ase's it infrastructure is 10 times worse than many much smaller companies.
    6. no training. refer back to point 5. ase's management wants you to work but not to get better and more efficient at your work. sounds weird but very true. the result is point 2.

Advice to Senior Managementresignation and suicide are definitely at the top of my advice list. but how about just hire some real professionals into the management and get everyone's act together?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sr Account Manager

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsHave chance to travel a lot for biz trip

Consunstable environment with changing rules

Responsible for leading the teams of engineers in the introduction and high volume manufacturing (HVM) of semiconductor

Test Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

ProsThere multliple test platform (ATE) that you can get experiences. Able to gain knowledge on semiconductor testing for digital, mixed signal & RF product.

ConsWork life is not balance at all. Always in standby mode 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementPenang's Management need revised current compensation & benefit to employee including work-life balance.

satisfying, helps my family in terms of financial.

Final Vsiual Inspectio (Current Employee) Kaohsiung (Taiwan)

Prosthe leaders, employees are good and we have the best environment

Conssometimes there.s no overtim, in our case as a contractual and foreign workers, we really need overtime.

Advice to Senior Managementprovide training to leaders and assistant leaders of the production.

My Job Experience in ASE

Operator (Current Employee) Kaohsiung (Taiwan)

ProsIts a great experience working with this company..

ConsHas a tiring shift where you have 2 shift 2 turn kind of working.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advise. Just keep it up.

Rewarding but requires commitment and very little time for family or personal life

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsMy customer and the people I work with in the factories

ConsPay is not competitive. In 7 years never had a job interview.

Business Analyst Position at Advaned Semicondutor Engineering Group

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) Taipei (Taiwan)

ProsYou have lots of freedom to explore your career interests if you work at the business planning team in HQ. Bosses and senior managers are very accessible as well.

ConsThe company is not very structured, and the reporting/reward system is a little confusing, sometimes frustrating. Silo effects are not uncommon.

Worked for Advanced Semiconductor Engineering? Contribute to the Community!