Advanced Solutions International

4.3

Bob Alves

Good job mobility

I worked at Advanced Solutions International for more than a year

Pros

they utilize cutting edge technology

Cons

no strong cons - perhaps have more frequent employee reviews

more regular staff reviews

They have such low turnover, socializing new employees in any tech department becomes a challenge.

Former Employee - QA Analyst  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Advanced Solutions International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great community, pretty solid product, good infrastructure for testing

Cons

The summary sentence kind of says it all. I got a lot of training, but not the training I needed to do the job I needed to do with the part of the application I was working on. So it left me lost and them disappointed.

If you have a plan for what the new employee is going to test, given the complexity of the application, you need to focus your socialization efforts on what they will be required to do. Don't focus so much on all the other stuff that they may not touch especially in the short term.

They treat employees right

I have been working at Advanced Solutions International full-time

Pros

ASI knows how to treat employees right: working here is fun, it's a good salary, we get a lot of time off so we can have a life outside of work, and there are a lot of opportunities to learn new things and move around to other roles if you want to.

Cons

There are not many cons that I can think of. It seems like the biggest complaint I hear is that the developers can no longer exclusively work from home, but I actually think that it makes sense. People seem to collaborate better face to face.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place, staff-focused, noble work

I have been working at Advanced Solutions International full-time

Pros

Business purpose is to provide software that helps nonprofits be more effective in their work; CEO conducts quarterly conference calls for all staff to get status on company plans, finances, etc; overall really cool people who are mutually supportive.

Cons

Staff always feeling some general stress from economic impact on the company's business market and from rapidly changing technology/competition - constant pressure to do more faster! But management works with staff to keep it in balance.

Keep up current habit of keeping staff informed about marketplace, economic implications, competitors, current company status, future plans.

Fair Agile work environment with internal advancement, hampered by legacy code bases

I have been working at Advanced Solutions International

Pros

Reasonable work hours, benefits; large number of long-term employees and high rate of women in technical positions. Agile processes and SCRUM teams are well established.

Cons

Strategic direction and emphasis flip-flops; management over-commits so that critical product initiatives undercut each other. Poor planning for scaling up for cross-department commitments.

Establish set of architects to guide cross-team, cross-product development of database, API, content, and UX; grant Agile teams full freedom to determine their processes.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Advanced Solutions International

Pros

They make sure we have a good life balance and celebrations to mark milestones. Because it is a private company, we focus on long-term strategies instead of shareholder return for the quarter.

Cons

Goals and strategies change frequently or are not effectively communicated with teams.
    Many production employees would prefer to work at home.

Document strategic decisions clearly, communicate to teams, don't chase every shiny distraction.

Worked for Advanced Solutions International? Contribute to the Community!