Advanced Tech Support

Advanced Tech Support Reviews

Updated January 23, 2015
Updated January 23, 2015

Robert Deignan

Great job if you have the brains for it

I have been working at Advanced Tech Support

Pros

Pros they really do leave you alone as long as you get your work done and don't complain.

Cons

We all would like more money right? I've worked difficult jobs before and this isn't one of them. No real issues

Take care of your vets!

Disposable employees, no room for pay advancement

Current Employee - Tier II Tech Support in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Tier II Tech Support in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Advanced Tech Support full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Hiring in was very casual and low cap to entry
    -Had industry standard software, prior to penny pinching
    -$13/hr entry pay
    -No work issues to take home, so once you've left work, you've really left work. No voicemails or issues to deal with once you're home

Cons

-$13 was the most you could make, team leads/managers made less due to salary and no overtime
    -Changed from industry standard software to garbage non-standard lower cost software
    -Company made millions a month in profits, still treated employees as disposable and did not compensate the remote support techs in any way, except to provide an "incentive" to be working at an unsustainable pace without cutting corners on customers
    -Requirements to spend time on phone with customers or handle time consuming cases often meant that the "incentive" was never reached
    -Sales department was the highly compensated with hundreds of dollars in handed out incentives for holidays etc, tech support side received no incentives and performance metric was continually pushed upwards to work them harder
    -Reviews by upper management were considered to be "Here's the new way we'll be screwing the tech employees" meetings
    -Culture of negativity due to everything constantly being negative and "not good enough", due to greedy owners/managers wanting to stuff more and more short term money in their pockets at the expense of a stable employee base and mid-long term business
    -Compensate valuable employees for their ideas, don't just take it, give a pat on the back, and then deny raises 100% of the time

-The company's product IS the tech support employee, stop treating them like disposable work livestock and compensate them for reduce the "culture of negativity"
    -Sales brings in the money, but the tech side retains the money. Incentives should be given to tech side *without* pushing unrealistic metrics even higher, especially when tech side is set up for retention failure from unethical sales practices and promises
    -Tier 1 no longer gets a pay increase of $1 upon being promoted to Tier 2. Take care of your people and they will take care of the business
    -When the business is pulling in millions of dollars in profit each month, not just revenue, that means the product is good. That doesn't mean you run your product, the tech teams, to frustration and kill their morale with higher and higher metrics

Stay away!

Former Employee - Tier II in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Tier II in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Advanced Tech Support full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired.
    You can screw people's computers until you will learn something, (or not).

Cons

-Everything!
    -Low pay,
    -high metrics, (if you want to meet metrics you better don't take brakes),
    -no lunch brake (you are expected to eat while working)
    -bad overpriced products (300 for panda!) that are sold using scare tactics. Techs are required to defend the product and "partner's products" that brake customer's computer in the first place.
    -This job is not going to be consider as an experience by the recruiters.
    -The company is scamming its clients, every customer calls because he tries to get read of annoying "partner's program", and salespeople will use their tactics to manipulate customer into spending few hundred dollars for tech support. After that, technician supposed to run few automatic scripts instead resolving the problem. If the computer wasn't infected and didn't need the service it will work fine. But If the computer was actually infected, the scripts will cause more issues. Unfortunately every tech is required to run those scripts.

The company has law suit by FTC right now. I hope it will loose it.

Tech Support 1

Former Employee - Level I Tech in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Level I Tech in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Advanced Tech Support full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Gained experience and skills that I can use in future jobs as a freelance tech and/or working for another company. Also some of the people that I've met while working there were really knowledgable when it comes to working on computers.

Cons

There are alot of negatives when it comes to this company. First of all, they used really deceptive sales tactics when it comes to getting new customers. Along with this, the software that ATS was selling was overpriced and not worth using at all. Also some of the techs there were very full of themselves and thought that they knew everything.

This LLC is in Receivership!

Current Employee - Sales(Level I Tech) in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales(Level I Tech) in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Advanced Tech Support full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None right now. Prior to receivership, the hours were great, the benefits that were offered to me that I never got to use were great and the environment on the sales floor was lively, energetic, and they offered one free meal a day and commission. Everyone seemed friendly and willing to help one another out.

Cons

Did not get paid last week and have no idea when I will get paid, people were apparently filing complaints and this LLC was knowingly hiring people left and right to help them to bring in as much $$$ as possible and did not bother to even give any of us any warning, at all period that there was any sort of problem. I researched this job and even looked at Glassdoor before accepting it and saw NO SIGNS of any court case or anything else taking place and this LLC appeared to be a new and progressive place to work.

You should have told people what was really going on. At least give people the option as to whether or not they wanted to work for a company that was involved in a lawsuit. Also, reconsider the whole idea about feeding people to keep them at their desk. The Marriott use to give employees a free meal too but they also gave their employees an actual break so they could sit down and eat like human beings as opposed to cattle. Half the time, I missed the meal or could not even eat the food being offered because we were too busy taking in calls and I was too worried about not being available to customers... It was a good place to work, if you were an employee, until it wasn't.

A great relationship

I have been working at Advanced Tech Support

Pros

I would say it's a good opportunity to get a trade
    Where you can experience a work force that fits your needs and wants.

Cons

Not being in a stable job. It's a temporary solution but you can benefit from this site by working when needed and the rest of it will be able to get you started

Just work hard and people will see you are a good worker

Good Money, Bad Ethics

I worked at Advanced Tech Support full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They offered paid training, good commission, sales training that you can use in other jobs, and a chance to make a lot of money.

Cons

They served prison food and only allowed fifteen minutes to eat at your desk. The management was cutthroat and most of management were convicted of fraud. The company has no ethics and was installing software that also installs PUPs during the installation. Then the salesmen who are disguised as techs tell them they have PUPs that can cause the computer to crash if they dont pay us to remove them.

Find a legit operation to run instead of this scam.

Awesome Learning Opportunity

Current Employee - Internal Technician in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Internal Technician in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Advanced Tech Support full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Inbound call experts for over 2-years now, This Job Opportunity was and is an Awesome Experience. The company offers lunch and Beverages for every Employee. I never seen this before at anywhere. At least one can say that Inbound call experts Appreciate their Employees. This Company have a great start of Salary, and also there is Opportunity and space to grow within the Company. I learned a lot since i have been employed with Inbound call experts They even helped me to get Certified within the I.T. field. Keep up the good work.

Cons

I cannot think of any Cons i can speak about since i have been Employed with This company. Management is great and it is a positive work environment.

Management is Respectful and helpful to everyone. Keep up the Good work and continue to Modivate

Poor Work Environment.

Former Employee - Senior Level II Tech in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Level II Tech in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Advanced Tech Support full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1. Senior Level 2 Techs are the best ATS has to offer.
    2. Great learning experience as you are on the front lines.
    3. Leaning how interact and speak with frustrated customers.
    4. Great stepping stone to work elsewhere.

Cons

1. Failure to Train Management Properly
    2. Failure to Train Employees Properly
    3. Failure to Understand Wages
    4. Mishandling Disability/Accommodation Issues
    5. Failure to Respond Properly To Harassment Complaints
    6. Failure to Have, And Uniformly Apply, Policies and Procedures
    7. Failure to Treat Employees the Way You Want To Be Treated
    8. Outsourcer’s overseas for cheap labor and VERY POOR QUALITY
    9. Dead END JOB, no room for advancement ever.

I am a ex-employee of ATS and was recently fired and I will explain more on this later. First and foremost am not here to bash anyone or discredit anyone in this company as it fed my family for several months. But let me give you a bit of a background history I have been working in a PROFESSIONAL environment and helping people in the better years of my life in the medical field as a X-ray technologist but have been in the IT world and fixing and breaking computers since I was six years old and the first career I ever had was fixing computers. Unfortunately a bad job market and no work for XRAY Techs in the great state of Florida has had me restart my life and return to my first profession of computers. As such I also went back to school and anyone who is a parent can understand how hard it was to work full time go to school full time and have a one year old to take care of. But I still consider myself a young man and have taken the challenge of going passed just being a computer technician and going further then I thought was possible at this stage in my life.

My first impression of ATS was one of excitement I had never seen so many computers and people in one room all communicating with people to help them with their computer related issues, so like most people I was very eager to get back to work. First week, I was put with another technician to learn the “Policies and Procedures” of the company in other words to learn what I can and cannot do keep in mind that these “Polices” changed every day and never for the better. My first glimpse of the reality of this company was when I asked how the lunch break system worked and was told there is none they served us what they called “Food” everyday so we can continue working at our station while we eat, mind you if we had a LIVE CALL from a customer we literally had to leave our food there get cold as we worked so needless to say there were times I did not eat.

I write this review as a Ex-employee so that the consumers can have a inside scoop of the type of environment we are subject to so if you think working for ATS is amazing and “PROFESSIONAL” experience you have another thing coming I soon found out that technicians and sales reps there where as expendable as French fries from McDonalds. The word professional there does not exist. Within the first week of work there were five people fired. And I found out quickly that if you don’t meet your numbers you were fired, you didn’t have enough quality you were fired now this one I could understand but Quantity and Quality cannot and will not ever work together well but they expected it so or you guessed you were fired. In other words shape up or ship out, the upper management are as cut throat as they come evil to the core not caring about their employees at all and only caring about numbers, and when trying to talk about issues that are going on in a very political manner you were told to bad suck it up and keep working. Sales is basically told sell or you are fired, I can go on and on but I would much rather sum it all up below with a simple pros and cons list above.

Again I don’t write this review to bash this company as it is indeed full of good hard working people, in my particular situation I was fired because I was overwhelmed and needed help on this particular day, I shouted out for it as to not keep the customers waiting since I was not able to give the customer the attention that he/she needed at the moment and was fired for not doing my job. But again it is not my company and as so you run it as you see fit.
    I truly hope that you as the customer can understand the reluctant amount of stress and pressure companies like these have on the same techs that work on your computers and as such companies like these are the very ones that make a bad situation worse
    Thanks for your time.

SHADY Running a big scam!

Current Employee - Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Advanced Tech Support full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

Tricks costumers into computer service. Customers purchase partner software (Slimcleaner plus driverupdate and much more...) They run the software and it installs malicious software on there system! Then we pitch them $250 tech support and $300 antivirus. I do not agree with how this business is run and taking advantage of consumers and elderly!

Run a business the right way by not partnering with utility software companies that install malicious software in the background!