Advanced Technology Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Advanced Technology Services CEO Dick Blaudow

Dick Blaudow

Pros:
  • "Excellent advancement opportunities, numerous training opportunities"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Family Culture, Decent Benefits package"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "The review was copy and paste from other employee reviews besides a few points"
    in 2 reviews
  • "Unstable, Dependent on Customer for business, especially CAT"
    in 2 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

World Class Company and Leadership

ProsIn growth mode, in acquisition mode, benefits, compensation, 3,000 people strong

ConsNone that I can think of at the moment, seems to be great at everything. Sure it's a large corporation so you have a little bit of corporate America but that's normal.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Overall

Buyer (Current Employee)
    Greenville, SC

ProsGreat training, great opportunities to advance, decent pay

ConsI can't think of any

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Good Experience

Production Coordinator Senior (Current Employee)
    Mossville, IL

ProsGreat place to earn experience and use their tuition reimbursement to complete a degree. They have recently acquired a training company, so their training program is excellent. I have been very pleased with the benefits, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement.

ConsAdvancement opportunities have dwindled to non-existence in the past couple of years. Their growth in the Peoria, IL area is dependent upon their relationship with Caterpillar Inc., so if CAT is experiencing downsizing and sales decline, then so does ATS.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have enjoyed my time with ATS, and I have been given the chance to make a difference in my job. The company culture is great, I just regret that they have nothing left for me to do, and the sales team appears to not be interested in providing staffing for the areas in which I hold experience. Senior management has done a very good job of keeping the company relevant in spite of the downturn in business, as well as continually expanding the business into other markets.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has very experienced management team now. The regional manager assigned to the Central and East is very good. He was experienced and handled difficult situations very well. He was better than any other manager I had in the past. The company had great benefits plans, and also time off. You would get two weeks right of the bat. I had a long run with this company and learned a lot.

ConsOne of the big things is that they do not have a tuition reimbursement per say, they will pay for the tests but if you wanted to get a class for a certification or degree they would not pay for it. If you are like me that you need to attend a class to learn then you would have to pay out of pocket. I would say get your own education so you do not owe the company anything if you decide to leave. This company has or had a lot of third party involvement with customer companies. That situation was very unfavorable, I had to report to three different mangers all the time. Very uncomfortable situation non the less.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually listen and acknowledge the people doing the work, don't go making decisions based on what you think the choices should be, but rather ask them for input and make the decision based on facts!!

High Turn Over Rate on Clients and employees

Help Desk Associate (Former Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsAutomatically unconscious show you what not to do and still charge a high price with no thought.

ConsIf you need a very short term employment, this is the place to go. They have the best con artists for C-Level people.

Advice to Senior ManagementOther companies are doing what your doing now so you most likely won't be the best. From a former contractor at Column Technologies.

A challenge.

Maintenance Technician I (Current Employee)
    Newbern, TN

ProsGood core cultural commitments, Good with training and personal growth. Gives you some flexibility to move around if you need to or want to.

ConsCompany politics. Choice of 401K provider. Lack of cohesion between team members. Requirements for raises but not given authority that would allow you to reach the goals given in many cases.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeam building would be extremely helpful. To many people are out for themselves and not out for the team.

Avoid the IT division

IT Division (Former Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsGreat people on the same sinking ship
    Great benefits-health,dental,401,voluntary insurance
    Awesome location
    friendly and very helpful staff(non-management)
    Free k-cup coffee( guess that's a good thing)

Cons-very bad management team
    -lowest pay in the area
    -MICROMANAGE=ATS
    -VP makes promises and few days later doing the total opposite
    -lay off ratio is unbelievable. Hire/lay off every 3 weeks on average
    -education reimbursement is only applicable for College or University courses.
    - the better you are at sucking up the better chances you'll get at climbing the suckers latter
    -sales reps have no clue on the products/services they are selling- in turn affects contracts with client.
    -be ready to be thrown into doing things you are either under/over qualified for.
    -lying to their clients about dedicated support team.

Advice to Senior Management-recognize who does the work
    -walk the talk
    -making people express their concerns and letting them go a week after is not a great management and ethical move.
    -forget about self-eval, it's pointless, when it's already decided on what each individual is evaluated by management that has an excuse on everything.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not al that good at Mossville

Senior Electrical Maintenance Technician (Former Employee)
    Mossville, IL

ProsThe basic design is good and allows training in area's you may not be trained in. They also offer relocation jobs in other states, but no funds to relocate.

ConsIn reality supervision is inexperienced and the training for new employee's is faulty when you are new to the plant. I seen many cases where a supervisor would allow competitive actions, false accusations, and petty jealousies to rule a decision. Also they want you to be rounded but ignore reality when someone has years of experience in one field. They imply partnership and team work but while the company promotes "they are all for the employee " they make decisions with out notice (like going from 8 hour days to 12 hour days) and while they are working under a contract with the company, the decisions on how to handle the crews come from the company not ATS. And my biggest negative is after luring me to work there and selling my home (at a huge loss in 2011) to move closer, they already knew the company was moving the plant to Texas and I would end up laid off. I really regret not taking a job where I was living for a few dollars per hour less where I would still be working.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe live in a results oriented world, but the loss of integrity, honesty, teamwork for the team, and supervisors who know what there doing will cause the loss of trust in the labor force you are running.

Good stepping stone, not a place for innovation or advancement.

Data Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsSome of the people are nice.

ConsBehind the curve, too focused on corporate politics than actual results or being progressive as a company.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnter the 21st century.

ATS is a very professional, goal and metric oriented organization.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProgressive talent management and business models, resources and technology solutions. Very customer centered approach. They strive to promote from within when possible.

ConsThe commitments they have with investors make it difficult to manage the business to align with the founder's vision. There is much pressure to grow the business rapidly, thereby sacrificing some important values on which the organization was founded.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate in terms of metrics, ROI, results.

Worked for Advanced Technology Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advanced Technology Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advanced Technology Services CEO Dick Blaudow. All 57 reviews posted anonymously by Advanced Technology Services employees.