Advanced Testing Laboratory

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Greg Neal

Great first job out of college

Cincinnati, OH

ProsI had great supervisors and mentors and I loved the flexible schedule my job allowed. It was a good job for someone right out of college with only a few internships worth of experience.

ConsThe pay was quite low and there was little room for advancement within the company.

Not a bad place to work depending on your priorities

Biologist III (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsFlexible work schedule, good coworkers mostly. Can get some really good work experience depending on where you end up. If the contract changes and you have been a good employee they will move you to another open position instead of letting you go.

ConsLeadership is basically a joke. Managers have no idea what on contract site employees do for their jobs so the personal development reviews are meaningless. Speaking of PDRs, they never get done on time, EVER! It can take up to a year for a review to get done, which means getting a raise up to a year late with retro pay back to anniversary date. There is always a lot of talk about cross training and opportunities but these things never come to fruition.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should lead by example, if any employee were to be late getting their responsibilities completed they would have some reprimand. There should be no excuse for management to never accomplish a review on time.

Please read these reviews...do not take a job here!

ProsIf you can't find a job anywhere else... then take a job here....but certainly continue to look. This job is good for someone starting out who doesn't care much about pay or benefits.

ConsThis company does not care about it's employees. Turn over is very high. They anticipate you staying about a year and welcome when people leave so they don't have to give raises. They also "replace" alot of people. They pay is low and the benefits are the worst I have seen - especially if you have a family.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the managers are very nice but direction comes from the top down. The owner is not people focused...he is a scientist and therefore...employees...the back bone of the company... are not treated very well. There are alot of unhappy people here. Please don't make the mistake of taking a job here.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for getting experience out of school.

ProsFull time job with learning potential.

ConsPeople are not paid what they are worth.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people more!

You will be as disposable as a diaper. No ATL protection from clients and co-employment is inevitable.

Analytical Chemist (Former Employee)

ProsGreat experience right out of school, not as a career.

ConsNo dependability from HR and if you work there longer than 3 years they will find ways to get rid of you. If you like a job as a robot and can maintain a no care mentality, then this is the job for you. No advancement opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave bi-weekly meetings between associates, the associates ATL manager, and the client(s) to confirm that tasks and projects are being completed as initially proposed.

Growth

Operations Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsLove the very nurturing job potential and professional growth. Very flexible

ConsAt some times management does not have a clear picture of where business is going.

Great place to work, clients are awesome but poor and horrible supervision

Microbiologist (Former Employee)
    Mason, OH

ProsOnly benefit that someone could get from working here, is hopefully a better job somewhere else. Client sponsors are wonderful.

ConsThe GM /Supervisor that I worked for with this company never handled work related issues in a professional way, and obviously had their favorite employees selected. This is not professional at all, and if employees who are not satisfied with this supervision are not expected to complain, then the issue must be supported by the company itself.
    If there is an issue related to work, it appears that the issue is not important enough to resolve if you are not one of the General Manager favorite employees.
    The work schedule is very unorganized. Coworkers show up excessively late and the supervisor never correct this. Overtime is expected and the favorite employees of the GM//supervisor work schedules that are more beneficial. The more you work, the more they will make you work. Nobody cares about your problem, you get a paycheck so shut up. If you do not play golf forget about career progression. It is also advised to be a yes man.
    While I was working with this company I went to a GM /supervisor several times to make notification of issues relating to work, and the communication was never handled professionally. I faced retaliation for notifying senior level technicians and the supervisors..

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who have experience managing people. Ask them don't play favorites, be fair, professional and fix the current issues at hand.

Run away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of my coworkers were nice and personable. I made some good friends and was able to get a good job after leaving this company.

ConsEnvironment, culture, and management are poor. The culture involves micromanaging and belittling employees - its an extremely stressful environment. This was the worst job I've ever had.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company to someone who knows how to manage.

Declining company that doesn't care about its employees.

Analytical Chemist (Former Employee)
    Mason, OH

ProsCan get decent technical experience off site as a contractor, but those opportunities seem to be decreasing.

ConsUnderpaid, under valued, overworked, belittled by management and no advancement system. Seems like only the worst stay with the company and the rest are a part of the high turnover rate. No company culture off site and poor benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate treatment of workers and capability of managers. Increase wages and benefits. Create a healthy company culture.

Worst career move of my life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only reason to work here is if you need a job and can't find anything else.

ConsPay, benefits, management, opportunity.

Worked for Advanced Testing Laboratory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advanced Testing Laboratory reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advanced Testing Laboratory CEO Greg Neal. All 43 reviews posted anonymously by Advanced Testing Laboratory employees.