AdvancedMD Software

Eric Morgan

Great workplace

Current Employee - Claims Resolution Specialist in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Claims Resolution Specialist in Springfield, MA

I have been working at AdvancedMD Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, and they reimburse for parking due to location in downtown. WE are more of a family and even our company meetings have fun twists to them that keep the associated interested. The organization likes to help the community and create events for coworkers and their families to interact.There is always work and our product is easy to understand yet gets the job done. You can run so many reports to make our job easier. FLEXIBILITY is a plus!

Cons

Constant changes within the company. Something is always changing like the structure or leadership. If you aint afraid of change, then this is not really a con. One on ones with leaders are hard to obtain because of schedules colliding. When they treat to lunch its usually pizza and although I love pizza, I am trying to eat healthy so the pizza limits me to enjoy their treat :)

Great company but lacks diversity!!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AdvancedMD Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company has really good benefits. They also are very open to allowing sales reps to structure their own deals we don't have a manager looking over our shoulder all the time. It's so refreshing to be treated like a grown-up. There also so many fun activities that we do it makes work enjoyable. The offices are very comfortable and open.

Cons

I don't know any of this time.

I think management really needs recognize the fact that AdvancedMD is mostly misdeed up of white young men. We need to have some more women and more diversity in the sales groups. There are women in leadership but not very women in sales.

Used to be led by visionaries

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I worked at AdvancedMD Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Dev leadership was very forward-thinking
    Risk-taking was rewarded, even if it failed
    When I started, there were monthly all-hands meetings that recognized employee contributions

Cons

Atmosphere changed significantly after buy-out
    After the buy-out, there became a much more "corporate" feel to everything. I congratulate the company on the move, but the company lost the family feel it once had.

Do whatever you can to retain top-tier employees

Stable, Service based, progressive opportunity

Current Employee - Sales in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AdvancedMD Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They listen! yes this is a big organization - but the needs of the employee are constantly being evaluated. Change is frequent - and it should be. Growth requires change. The product is incredibly stable and the roadmap for our future is industry changing. There are always initiatives concerning service to clients and the happiness of our workforce. Opportunity is abundant. They say the average working professional will have 7 different careers in their life. ADP AdvancedMD is a place where you can have those careers and still work for the same company. not an opportunity I would pass by!

Cons

In larger companies change takes time. be patient and it pays off. It has for me time and time again.

Great insight to building a business and growth. Lead by intuitive and experiences executives.

Keep listening to your employees. We are always faced with challenges - some of which ask for change and those changes can be the path to expedited growth, creativity, and stability.

People are nice, too much overtime, oral recognition given only

Current Employee - Data Conversion Specialist II in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Data Conversion Specialist II in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AdvancedMD Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people across multiple departments are easy and great to work with.
    Great medical, dental, and vision coverage.
    During slow time, you have a lot of free time.
    Free soda machines if you're into that.
    Can work from home via company-issued laptop for extended periods of time, sick for more than a few days, appointments come up, have kid stuff to do, etc.
    Large cubicles/workspace.
    Flexible hours as long as the work gets done, for example, you can leave early if you need to, or work earlier so you can leave quicker.
    Diversity is respected, not just tolerated here.
    You can wear whatever you want, if you're a woman you can wear short shorts and nobody will say anything, either to you or HR.
    In summer shorts are allowed.
    If you work hard you will get oral recognition from people you help, both internal and external clients.

Cons

Employees stress out over their clients a lot.
    If you don't work overtime then people think you aren't doing your job.
    Had to routinely take my laptop home and work from home, after putting in 8 hours on any given workday. Family life suffers a lot as a consequence.
    Very low pay.
    No career path, job title changed twice in 1 year and a half, same base pay.
    No bonuses.
    If you work on a small team you can't take vacation time, have to schedule it 6 months in advance.
    A lot of finger-pointing and blaming goes on with other departments.
    No sense of "all hands on deck".
    Engineering team is arrogant and won't do anything for external clients, too afraid to call them and tell them they won't do their work or why it will take them 8+ weeks to get the request done.
    Very strict implementation process that isn't flexible for clients at all, it is either AMD's way or the highway.
    People expect favors from you to help out with their clients but if you ask them you seem like you are lazy.
    They reward bad behavior, people waste a lot of time socializing or surfing the web.

Provide training to associates.
    Provide career path.
    Create inter-departmental teams with not just managers, they do a poor job of top-down approach of changes in company.
    Develop and foster trust among associates.
    Do quarterly meetings that matter to individual needs, not company achievements.

Sales @ AdvancedMD Since ADP Acquisition

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AdvancedMD Software

Pros

Great work culture, plenty of growth opportunity, small company feel with the financial backing of a fortune 500. Earning potential is good, as well--overall a great place to work!

Cons

Rapid growth in an already fast paced industry can be challenging and very stressful at times. Communication across many different departments and divisions can be confusing.

AdvancedMD is a great company with great employees

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Draper, UT

I worked at AdvancedMD Software

Pros

AdvancedMD is a great company with great employees

Cons

Because of the size of the company, there is limited advancement except for entry level positions.

Overall, management is doing a great job

Great company until the merger

I worked at AdvancedMD Software

Pros

Great team cameraderie when I first started. Lots of recognition for a job well done, for going above-and-beyond. On the bleeding-edge of technology. Leaders in agile software development

Cons

The CEO hired in June 2008 had his eye on expansion, not keeping the things that made the company great to work for
    Laid off 1/3 of the company a week before Christmas 2008
    Everything became so "corporate" once the company bought another software company

Don't forget your roots. Remember the small family feel that the company used to have. Remember to have fun. Keep good talent, don't push them away.