Advanis

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Williams

Advanis Jolicoeur

Remote Interviewer (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Proswork in pyjama!!! (work from home). flexible hours. Lots of training and follow up

ConsNo cons that I can think of.

Excellent place to work

Transcoder (Former Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsSupportive manager, opportunity to learn and develop new skills, nice coworkers, pay on time.

ConsTeam spirit and good communication are more difficult to achieve working from home than working at the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Work from home,

Interviewer (Current Employee)

ProsWork from home, choose own hours

ConsNot enough hours so renumeration is low

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work from home interviewer

Pros-Make your own weekly schedule

Cons-Low hours
    -You are able to schedule yourself, but many or most of your hours will get denied on a very regular basis
    -Minimum wage, with no pay raises or opportunities in sight
    -When hours are approved, the job literally consists of sitting motionless for hours taking back to back calls, if you even need to step away from your computer to go to the bathroom for 1 minute, this will be unpaid time.
    -Very minimal breaks, 10 minutes for a 4 hour shift. 15 minutes for 4.5-6 hour shift. 30 minutes for 6-8.45 hours. Keep in mind that otherwise you are remaining at your desk, unable to get a break away from the computer screen, stand up and stretch, etc. Which in turn makes it very hard on your back, eyes, hands, and arms.
    -No social aspect, you work alone. If you are a person that enjoys human contact, this is not the job for you.
    -This is a cold calling position, so you will be calling people who for the most part are not interested in being solicited. Be prepared to deal with large amounts of rejection on the phone for this position.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaising the pay beyond minimum wage, even in the slightest would make this position more tolerable and enjoyable. More reasonable breaks, and more of an ergonomic understanding of what agents go through on a regular shift by allowing a few moments to take a break from the computer screen, etc. without being docked on pay.

A redundant place to work that lacks innovation or motivation

Telecommunications Agent (Current Employee)

Pros- It is extremely easy to get a job
    - Easy work
    - Schedule your own hours
    - Work from home
    - Friendly supervisors
    - Vacations

Cons-Boring
    -No corporate transparency
    -Often hours get cut/not guaranteed
    -Stuck on the same redundant survey
    -Anti-social
    -No room to move up
    -No pay increase
    -Pay is stuck at minimum wage

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvanis has the potential to be an enjoyable place to work. If the supervisors would switch up the surveys we call on, it would be a little more enjoyable. In order to keep me as an employee, however, I would like to see recognition for the work I do - maybe offer benefits, promotions, and pay increases!

Best job for me

Intervimontreaewer (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsYou work from your home, make your own hours so you save from gas and clothes

ConsIf you like to inerac with co workers its not the job for you

Advice to Senior Managementdont have any

respectful company.. not enough available hours

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosyou can work from home, set your own hours and the pay is Edmonton's minimum wage which is better than the province I live in.
    supervisors are friendly, easy to talk to and quick to respond to emails.

ConsWhile you can make your own hours, you don't always get approved for them.
    They guarantee a minimum of 3hrs per shift but when you sign on for your approved 5 or 6 hr shift 90% of the time they announce all shifts reduced to 3hrs.
    - no benefits, no pay increase and no moving up.
    - alot of constructive feedback -

Advice to Senior Managementperhaps offer benefit packages and stop giving senior workers beginner projects.

Easy money, easy job

Call Agent (Current Employee)

Pros- you can make your own weekly schedule
    - you can work from home in your p.j's
    - you can take time off when needed
    - more than minimum wage in my province
    - it's easy work

The supervisors are very nice and understanding.

Cons- it can get quite boring
    - tends to be rather repetitive ...you do the same survey your entire shift.

So far there does not seem to be any room to move up.

A Huge Disappointment

Programmer (Former Employee)

ProsYou get your own office early on (only because they have empty ones, and their floorplan does not include cubicles). They will take new grads.

ConsIf you are a university graduate (computing science/ computer engineering) it doesn't matter, you will still get paid way below the industry standard. There is a lack of communication between different levels of management, and this often becomes your fault somehow. You are expected to work overtime, but do not expect overtime pay. Even though they mostly hire new graduates, proper training for a new grad is not provided. You will be paid well below industry standard, yet are expected to perform above average.

If you applied to work there, do yourself a favour and do not accept their pathetic job offer.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer the employees (at least the developers) a proper salary, training, and management. If you can't pay industry standard then maybe you have a failing business model.

Not competitively compensated, general confusion and lack of communication.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsYou get your own office, the hours are fairly flexible, friendly staff. You do get a formal yearly review and a less formal review at the 6 month point.
    There are attempts made to understand each department and the inner-workings.
    The senior level people are very personable and a pleasure to work for.

ConsThere seems to be a lack of communication across all fronts which leads to confusion, finger pointing, and errors
    Is not paying employees salaries or wages competitively, a lot of good people leave because of this. The volume of work vs. salary/wage is very unbalanced.
    Can be a stifling company that is afraid of fresh blood, change, or taking risks. Not for those who want to make their mark.
    There always seems to be discrepancies with the numbers and mistakes are made that can greatly affect your ability to do your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow your market and know the value of the work that's been assigned. Create a more diverse and flexible structure that allows for movement. To know you have reached the absolute highest you can go just means you'll leave to find something better.
    Open the lines of communication, being a spin doctor may work with clients and the naive but the rest of us see through it and feel talked down to. While there will always be confidential information, every employee deserves to know the facts about the company.

Worked for Advanis? Contribute to the Community!