AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions

Updated October 23, 2014
2.2

CEO

Best place to work

Current Employee - MEDICAL BILLING in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - MEDICAL BILLING in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We get opportunities to show our talents

Cons

Nothing to say any thing downside

Need to recognize good workers by giving rewards

Account service rep

Former Employee - Service Account Representative in Falmouth, ME
    Former Employee - Service Account Representative in Falmouth, ME

I worked at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Met some nice people. Fun activities.

Cons

NO training, no support, extremely poor management. High expectations with little to no training. Management didn't listen to anyones ideas or suggestions.

Get rid of the managers you have and get new ones. Train them. Also , provide quality training and support for employees.

Awful Company

Former Employee - Ar Representative in Falmouth, ME
    Former Employee - Ar Representative in Falmouth, ME

I worked at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to get a job. They are desperate due to a high turnover ratio.

Cons

Dirty office, management has a really bad attitude, low pay, people are rude, very low class and uneducated. Company's outing has been canceled because people would rather work the regular work day than hang out with co-workers. I think that, say it all.

Management needs to be changed completely.

Started Out Good As A Different Company But Changes Brought Negative Results Within

Former Employee - Batcher/Assistant Bookkeeper in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Batcher/Assistant Bookkeeper in Portland, ME

I worked at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions

Pros

I started out at the company when it was Anodyne Health. Back then it was a great place to work where you were treated with respect and were rewarded for a job well done. However, Anodyne sold their software department and the billing company got spun off to a new organization called AHP Billing Services. It was still ok at this point and I liked my benefits, the job I was doing and felt the policies on PTO were very generous. It was a laid back environment with no stuffy atmosphere. As long as the work was being done consistently, employees had little restrictions on how to conduct their business. A lot of corporate structure was lost when AHP went on their own and they eventually sold out to Advantedge Healthcare Solutions (AHS)

Cons

There was change constantly occurring. I realize change is a part of any business environment but since this was a start up company, they were unsure of how to run the organization at times which led to one procedure change after another which got pretty confusing and difficult to keep up with. Also, there was very high turnover in all departments of the company. It was managers turning over as well as hourly employees. I had about a half a dozen different supervisors during my tenure there. My last supervisor led me to resign from my position after almost 3 years working there. He allowed attractive female coworkers to take extra breaks, talk about inappropriate subject matter in front of other employees, and constantly make mistakes with absolutely no consequences. However, I was getting scrutinized constantly and was reprimanded over minimal minor mistakes which did not cause a delay in clients getting reimbursement. He threatened my job 2 times in separate reprimands and I felt that if I didn't leave myself, I would be fired by this supervisor. This is an ok place to work for an entry level position but don't expect to get ahead once you arrive there. If you're already a seasoned professional in this field, you'd be better off going to a more established company that knows how to run their organization more effectively.

Look at how the department managers are running their teams. A lot of people are not happy with several of the different managers who run things around there. Mine is not an isolated incident. My last supervisor had several other complaints directed towards him and has a history of favoritism among employees supervised. However, nothing was done to rectify these situations; even when employees tried to talk to the HR department and the higher management within the Maine office. People just got brushed off and said they would talk to these supervisors about the issues in question. However, nothing got done and things continued the way they always had been.

chaos, disrespects employees, mandatory overtime, filthy office

I worked at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

Med billing is a good field to learn.

Cons

chaos, disrespects employees, mandatory overtime, filthy office