AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions

2.1
CEO

1. no recognition

I worked at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

Opportunity to grow and move to different departments. Managers allow flexiabilty if your position permits. Annual pay raise, depending on performance.

Cons

Health insurance benefits are costly. Some managers are clueless and keep around other clueless employees who play dumb and get away with doing nothing all day. There is no formal training, everyone tends to do things their own way, all which always seem to be the wrong way.

Advice to Management

Conduct frequent audits of employee work and get rid of the employees that are just not doing their job properly rather than just moving them around to another department.

2. Really Poor Enviroment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

I have been working at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can work remotely on occasion, thats about the only positive.

Cons

Poor benefits, no bonuses, and a generally negative environment. Our parking lot is over a five minute walk away from our office space. HR is the opposite of any experience I have had previously. I thought they were around to help employees, here they seem to be spying for upper management. They put a camera in the kitchen because they believed that people were drinking too much coffee.

Advice to Management

When we were purchased HR told us that their goal was for us to become one of the best places to work in the country. Since then they have removed all bonuses, reduced our 401k matching, stopped buying multiple varieties of coffee, and forced us to take lunch breaks (we used to be able to work through lunch). I have yet to see any changes that seem to be for the better. Long-time employees have been let go only to see interns take over. The mood is generally poor because most people dont like being there.

3. Reporting Specialist

Pros

Good working environment. Pleasant co-workers

Cons

Minimal upper management communication. Lack of training.

5. Every solution is a bandaid

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

I worked at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I met some people who were actually hard workers and had good strength of character and work ethic. They were good examples to follow and work with. Also, I was able to have a leadership role for a while that gave me valuable experience.

Cons

There's no real discipline in this office. There are so many employees who don't pull their weight and who slow the entire workflow down, and even after multiple complaints from multiple other employees, all they get is a slap on the wrist at worst. Every solution that corporate or management comes up with is a bandaid instead of a long term solution. A sinking ship with a hundred holes in it can't be saved with scotch tape. Also there is an incredible amount of gossip and people being two-faced. It creates a hostile and uncomfortable environment for anyone who (like me) does not want to partake in the backstabbing.

Advice to Management

Instead of rushing to fix every problem as quickly and conveniently as possible, take the time to collaborate with the employees under you and with other management to come up with a long term solution that'll last and save you a lot of headaches in the future. Get rid of the dead weight employees and hire some quality, hard-working ones. Trust me, everyone will thank you.

6. Culture is volatile, does not give back to employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Pros

Flexible schedule, decent health benefits

Cons

Leadership has huge egos, they cultivate dog eat dog atmosphere, terrible policies and procedures, CEO bases ideas and theories on a book in which several companies noted have gone out of business. They have borrowed too much money from investors and do not give back to employees (regardless of what they say). The company likes to look good, but there is nothing to back this up.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with staff, promote good leaders, cease the dog eat dog environment, contribute to the retirement, communicate better with staff.

7. Extremely poor management. Took four Compliance tests/received Certifications.

Former Employee - Data Entry in Staten Island, NY
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Staten Island, NY

Pros

Fellow workers were very friendly and took it upon themselves to show me around.

Cons

No guidance from Supervisor-Director was absent.

Advice to Management

Needs new management

8. More Interested in Profit than People

Former Employee - Account Representative in Chambersburg, PA
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Chambersburg, PA

I worked at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In the more than 5 years I worked there, I learned new software and new skills, and worked with some fine people including some management. They can be pretty flexible in regards to using PTO, but that is completely dependent on the supervisors' discretion.

Cons

There is no such thing as a promotion and pay raises are few, far between, and extremely small if and when they are awarded. There is very little communication from upper management and when there is, it is highly questionable as they have told outright lies - directly from the CEO to the employees in this office. Staff was cut by more than 50%, yet the workload was more than doubled. Quantity of work is more highly appreciated than quality. There is very little training for new employees, resulting in low quality work and high employee turnover. Other than management, I believe there are only 3 or 4 people who are still there who were there when I started.

Advice to Management

Let employees actually voice opinions and concerns without fear of backlash. Think about the people in the US who work for you more than how much money you save by shipping work overseas.

9. Account service rep

Former Employee - Service Account Representative in Falmouth, ME
    Former Employee - Service Account Representative in Falmouth, ME

I worked at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met some nice people. Fun activities.

Cons

NO training, no support, extremely poor management. High expectations with little to no training. Management didn't listen to anyones ideas or suggestions.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the managers you have and get new ones. Train them. Also , provide quality training and support for employees.

10. Awful Company

Former Employee - Ar Representative in Falmouth, ME
    Former Employee - Ar Representative in Falmouth, ME

I worked at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get a job. They are desperate due to a high turnover ratio.

Cons

Dirty office, management has a really bad attitude, low pay, people are rude, very low class and uneducated. Company's outing has been canceled because people would rather work the regular work day than hang out with co-workers. I think that, say it all.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be changed completely.

Started Out Good As A Different Company But Changes Brought Negative Results Within

Former Employee - Batcher/Assistant Bookkeeper in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Batcher/Assistant Bookkeeper in Portland, ME

Pros

I started out at the company when it was Anodyne Health. Back then it was a great place to work where you were treated with respect and were rewarded for a job well done. However, Anodyne sold their software department and the billing company got spun off to a new organization called AHP Billing Services. It was still ok at this point and I liked my benefits, the job I was doing and felt the policies on PTO were very generous. It was a laid back environment with no stuffy atmosphere. As long as the work was being done consistently, employees had little restrictions on how to conduct their business. A lot of corporate structure was lost when AHP went on their own and they eventually sold out to Advantedge Healthcare Solutions (AHS)

Cons

There was change constantly occurring. I realize change is a part of any business environment but since this was a start up company, they were unsure of how to run the organization at times which led to one procedure change after another which got pretty confusing and difficult to keep up with. Also, there was very high turnover in all departments of the company. It was managers turning over as well as hourly employees. I had about a half a dozen different supervisors during my tenure there. My last supervisor led me to resign from my position after almost 3 years working there. He allowed attractive female coworkers to take extra breaks, talk about inappropriate subject matter in front of other employees, and constantly make mistakes with absolutely no consequences. However, I was getting scrutinized constantly and was reprimanded over minimal minor mistakes which did not cause a delay in clients getting reimbursement. He threatened my job 2 times in separate reprimands and I felt that if I didn't leave myself, I would be fired by this supervisor. This is an ok place to work for an entry level position but don't expect to get ahead once you arrive there. If you're already a seasoned professional in this field, you'd be better off going to a more established company that knows how to run their organization more effectively.

Advice to Management

Look at how the department managers are running their teams. A lot of people are not happy with several of the different managers who run things around there. Mine is not an isolated incident. My last supervisor had several other complaints directed towards him and has a history of favoritism among employees supervised. However, nothing was done to rectify these situations; even when employees tried to talk to the HR department and the higher management within the Maine office. People just got brushed off and said they would talk to these supervisors about the issues in question. However, nothing got done and things continued the way they always had been.

RSS Feed </> Embed