Advantage Communications

CEO

1. Quitting was the best decision ever

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Advantage Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly can not think of one good thing to say about this place

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, no work/life balance, pay is insulting, if you do work here get everything in paper. Seriously the pay offered and "raises" are a joke and completely insulting. During my time here I felt completely mistreated and quitting was the best decision I ever made. I wish I had never even wasted any time here at all. They play favorites and have no organizational skills at all. They are always hiring for a reason, because no one with any self respect would stay here.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect and stop choosing favorites. Get better organizational skills and stop letting the clients walk all over the company/employees. Pay people a living wage. You are constantly hiring for a reason, time to wake up.

2. It's a Call Center - but that doesn't excuse them

I have been working at Advantage Communications full-time

Pros

Coworkers stuck on the same sinking ship, work-at-home opportunities, non-strict internet browsing policies, paid bathroom breaks (I notice someone else mentioned this.... we shouldn't give Advantage ideas)

Cons

Middle management is a joke, targets are outrageous and seem arbitrary, there is constantly a huge back-queue of calls because we are understaffed, and when it actually DOES slow down, they send people home early to pinch those pennies. Client(s) pay Advantage about $30/hour for each agent, but Advantage only pays the agent $10, so they are pocketing $20 to do... what, exactly? The premises are unkempt, dirty and gross, unsanitary, morale is at an all-time low, upper management couldn't give a spit, they are the lowest of the low sleazy call center companies.

3. My compliments...

Current Contractor - Project Coordinator in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I have been working at Advantage Communications as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

having more friends ,alot of people there is very nice person,and educated.happy to work with them and in the communication advantage Inc.

Cons

If there's no event or project ,no work ...

Advice to Management

Grab all the people you think there's a knowledge and love in their job and your company.

5. Soul sucking.

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Charlottetown, PE (Canada)

Pros

It pays better than McDonalds and it is always hiring. The other agents who work there are nice, for the most part.

Cons

Impossible to find work/life balance as there is no option for set shifts. Middle management is more interested in Facebook than doing their jobs. Never get reviews on time, and the raises are laughable (wow, $0.15/hr more. That $24 extra a month for the next year is going to make me rich!) We are expected to be unaffected by constantly dealing with customers who scream at us for issues we can't fix. Can't hang up unless they swear. Workforce asks for more information than they need when one calls out sick then gossips about it in front of other employees.

Advice to Management

Fire all middle management, hire some of the good agents to be leads. Offer set shifts to employees who perform well. Allow flex time throughout the day for agents to get off the phones after a hard call, to collect themselves without a lead coming and screaming at them.

RSS Feed </> Embed