Advantage RN

Matt Price

A++ Top Notch Company

Current Employee - Registered Nurse; BSN in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse; BSN in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Advantage RN as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked with this company on a contract travel RN basis since March of 2011. Their support, professionalism, and recognition of me as a valuable employee has been second to none. The phone is always answered on the first or second ring during business hours and the after hours staff has always been available. In that time I needed support when put into a compromising and unsafe professional situation on a contract and their 24 hour support answered my call late at night, and management followed up first thing in the morning. The support continued until the ordeal was resolved. I witnessed abuse by a staff member to a patient and had to report them on another assignment. I was supported and assisted by Advantage RN staff and management every step of this difficult process. These are situations that can occur in any aspect of healthcare, and I felt more cared for by individuals at this company, who I hadn't even met in person, more than I have at any other place I have ever worked where I knew the people I was dealing with. Issues I had with a rental car were dealt with in an expedient and professional manner and housing/transitions have always been flawless. They have always made good on their reimbursements of covered benefits (such as specialty certification and professional license fees). My recruiter is my lifeline and he has provided the BEST service/support I have ever had during the 14 years that I have been an RN. He responds to my calls/emails the same day, generally within minutes ALWAYS. He calls me every Friday morning just to check in and ask if there is anything he can do to help me. When he has been off or on vacation he always lets me know ahead of time, if possible, and notifies me of who is covering. The owners of AdvantageRN have invited me out, and treated me to a business dinner, when life placed us in close proximity to each other; me on assignment, and them on vacation. They asked about my experiences as a travel nurse, both as an employee of their agency, and as a staff nurse in American hospitals, and genuinely wanted to know my opinions about how they could help to provide the best service to their staff, and where these services fit into today's acute care setting. Kudos and accolades received from managers on my contracts have always been rewarded by AdvantageRN with written recognition, as well as gift cards, fruit baskets, and other kind gestures. As long as I remain in travel nursing, I won't look elsewhere for contracts...I'll go wherever this company has work as I know they value my services, my well being, and they've got my back when I need them.

Cons

Work-life balance is great. Contracts are clear, concise, and generous. Benefits are as good as any other company in most ways...but definitely better than others. In exploring how different travel agencies describe their benefits, many use different "formulas' to make their benefits seem better. In the end, the numbers are the same. Advantage will let you clearly know what your hourly rate is, what your stipend rate is, and how this calculates out to weekly take home with and without housing, car etc. a+b always equals c. Transparency and trust are what I have received from Advantage RN.

Keep up the great work, Matt and Shary, in living the motto of AdvantageRN ,"Be Excellent to Each Other: Our Customers, Our Employees, Our Communities, Our Families, Ourselves.". I am grateful for your efforts in leading by example!

Worst Company Ever

Former Employee - Staffing Manager
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager

I worked at Advantage RN full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping hospitals meet there staffing needs and the relationships that were made with them.

Cons

Salary for a manager is very very low paying and they do not care about your overall job performance. CEO is out of touch with current management and reality. They threaten employees who try to leave.

This was the worst work experience in my career

I worked at Advantage RN full-time

Pros

The pay was pretty good at first and the team tried to warn newbies

Cons

This was the most hostile workplace with lawsuits to prove it!

Change those who are in power because they just lie and everyone knows how bad they treat people. Mean girls doesn't begin to describe this place.

My experience at AdvantageRN has, unfortunately,

Current Employee - Travel Nurse in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Travel Nurse in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advantage RN as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They had more contracts available at larger hospitals then other, smaller, companies - two years ago.

Cons

I received a contract with ARN in March. I paid for my flight and rent the day after I signed a very good contract. I was told four days before my flight left that the job did not actually exist. I have called daily to discuss reimbursement for the computer class, the gas to the drug test, and the flight (after I was told I would be reimbursed.) The only time my call was answered was when I blocked my number. I was with them for two years and their method of dealing with this situation is by ignoring me. Is that how you want to be treated? Even management has ignored my calls and have not called me back to discuss fixing their mistake.

Your staff deals with situations by "pushing them under the rug" and hoping it will all go away. Your company made the mistake of giving me a contract that did not actually exist. I paid for the flight, for the rent, travelled over 3 hours (one way) for the drug test and respirator fit test and I also did the computer work at home (required for a quick start) without pay. Your staff only answers my call, an employee for two years, when I block my number. I recommend dealing with your errors in a more professional, ethical manner.

Dedicated professionals dedicated to dedicated professionals

Current Employee - Travel Nurse in Portage, WI
    Current Employee - Travel Nurse in Portage, WI

I have been working at Advantage RN as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Since I began working with Advantage RN well over a year ago I have felt like I mattered. My recruiters have been awesome! I have been contacted by my recruiter at least every other week (most times every week) just to check and see how the assignment is going. I have not had any major issues to report but I am pleased to know they are there should problems arise. My recruiters have always tried to take into account my schedule so as not to disturb me while I am sleeping and I definitely appreciate that.

Cons

Internal communication can sometimes be an issue. I get contacted about the same information sometimes by up to three different people.

I enjoy being a part of the Advantage RN traveling Family

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Advantage RN

Pros

I'm a pretty new to travel nursing, Advantage RN is the second staffing agency I've worked for. Advantage RN offers a higher salary then most in the industry and the benefits start at day which I love. The recruiter I work with is great, I feel like she really listens to me and has my best interests at heart. Working at advantage RN has been a great experience for me so far.

Cons

I really have no compliants, in my experience they do what they say they're going to do. I guess if I was going to be picky, the first recruiter I was working with there was awful about follow-up and some of my paperwork was submitted late due to her misplacing it. Later I found out she was a newer recruiter. Everyone has to start somewhere I guess.

I would love to see some additional career developement opportunities.

Stressful

I worked at Advantage RN

Pros

Easy to get time off when requested
    If you worked with the correct person you could get additional perks

Cons

Management was unprofessional
    Often treated as a number, versus a valued Employee

Opportunity and support from staff.

Former Employee - Travel Nurse
    Former Employee - Travel Nurse

I worked at Advantage RN

Pros

Very supportive recruiter. Had my needs in mind and made decisions based on my best interested. Good travel opportunity and salary. Great opportunity to see the US and make a decent salary in this economic environment.

Cons

For the most part I was very happy with Advantage RN but, as with most of the field, the benefits could be better.

Make sure that good recruiters are compensated and kept with the company. Continue to improve opportunities and form relationships with hospitals.