Advantage Rent A Car

Updated Jun 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mark P. Frissora

now you see it and now you don't

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosopen door policy.
    corporate will always listen.

Consstore managers can be inexperience and really don't know how to motivate people.
    They are more like robots and just follow the rules.
    The management works long hours and makes very little money.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for better ways to motivate your staff...Train your manager....just don't promote them.

Learned a lot. Didn't make any money.

Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to meet people from all walks of life. I was able to learn the inner working of an industry that is utilized by many.

ConsThe counter was so short staffed at times that the customers would get frustrated and leave. A couple of the managers wouldn't come help until the customers got irrate. The only way to make money was to force sales of insurance within a very short window of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe available to your agents. You never know when they may need management. The pay is a joke. Pay a higher base. Your employees may not feel so desparate.

Large, poorly run company, decent pay.

Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) North Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe pay is decent, far above minimum wage. You have the opportunity to make bonus each month based on the amount of coverage you sell.

ConsYou have the opportunity to make commission based on the amount of coverage you sell each month, however, their system is corrupt. You may not sell coverage to each customer, therefore the amount of customers you help in one day effects your "yield" or your opportunity to make bonus. Because the other employees have figured out how to manipulate this system they speak slowly and essentially draw out the customer's experience to a ridiculous point so they are helping as little as 8-10 customers a day. The management and "higher ups" see nothing wrong with this behavior as it is helping their statistics. Employees also use scare tactics to ensure customers purchase additional coverage i.e. "if the vehicle is damaged in any way you are 100% financially responsible and your insurance probably does not cover rental vehicles." It may not be this way everywhere. I had the opportunity to work in multiple locations and I found the same behavior in each separate location. Management does not care about the well-being of employees, just the statistics and the sales.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A new, yet old, car rental company

Customer Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFreedom to manage as you needed to, in order to get results.

ConsThe decisions made by upper management costed many locations to be closed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay just as much attention to detail in managing the return process as you do the frontline sales process.

Advantage Rent A Car equals no future

Customer Sales Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThere is no pros for this company no growth

Consterrible company; terrible pay; treats employees horribly

Unorganized business.

Return/Dispatch/Sales Agent (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsI've met some great people where I work.

ConsThe departments don't communicate very well to each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company needs better communication amongst all departments; it also needs to try to keep all employees within the loop as to what is going on with the company and its updates.

It was a heavy sales environment

Counter Sales Agent (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsBetter pay than I could get elsewhere at the time

ConsEncouraged to sell sell sell with little regard for the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook fer repeat business instead of the quick sale

Fast pace with a lot of hard work with little benefits

City Manager (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsGood commissions, open 24 hours flexible schedule to those that could sell.

ConsLong days and the long lines with customer never ends

Advice to Senior ManagementPace the business or hire more staff

Rental Car is a tough Industry to work in

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsGood salary, and free to and from work car and gas.

ConsLong hours, lack of help from supervisor when necessary, lack of control yet expectations to perform off same criteria. Very difficult customers, very draining, sales associates paid very little for what they do so high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay sales agents more, offer true sense of managers performance and use incentives to pay based on results.

Good work life balance, Fair pay

Customer Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCar priveleges, Consecutive days off, Understanding employer

ConsProcesses can move slowly at times, many approvers for projects.

Worked for Advantage Rent A Car? Contribute to the Community!