Advantage Resourcing

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Toshio Oka

Accounting Support

Accounting Support (Former Employee)
    Bothell, WA

ProsThere were honest about the position. If they wouldn't have a high turn over of employees I would still be working for them

ConsThere was no communication when a person needed to take a day off or appointments.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more contracts paying a decent pay rate. Just bcz Seattle changed their ay rate to $15.00/hr does not mean a person with experience still has to work for $15.00

Okay for a staffing agency

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy online billing, offer limited health insurance options to contractors, smooth day-to-day operations and dealing with ordinary business issues, timely payments

ConsNot really responsive or efficient when resolving non-standard queries, health insurance has poor coverage and is overpriced, compensation just at the market average or a bit lower

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be nice to hire more efficient and enthusiastic employees for improved service quality and look into better insurance options

I had good communication between myself, the staff and my employees.

Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Greenville, SC

ProsI enjoyed working my with my emploiyees and helping them to grow everyday whether it was in their job or whether I just needed to be a ear to listen.

ConsSome of the challenges that I ran across as the time went along was that the responsibility grew as more assignments were handed over to the staffing agency and the company didn't compensate the supervisors to keep up with the additional duties.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive

Director (Former Employee)
    Ingleside, IL

ProsI had a very challenging opportunity, which allowed me to break new ground, using my own creativity.

ConsShort sited management, concerning new market oportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementLess focus upon metric and reporting; very time consuming

very professional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbenefits, work-life balance, easy access to personal information for pay.

Consneeds to follow through with clients on what their job description is.

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate with employees on client's expectations and job descriptions.

I was placed at DexOne in Phoenix by Advantage in 2010 and was delighted to work for them as a temp for 5 months at $20

Sales Assistant-Dex One (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsWork duties were easily picked up because of my previous Admin/Customer Service experience at Qwest Communications.

ConsAt DEXONE the office was very competitive and the initial training was done by manager Jeremy Packer at DexOne while subsequent training was shared from my peers. All of my co-workers had family refer them to the position, so advancement was rather difficult for me to attain.

Recruiter

Recruiter (Former Employee)

ProsSalary was on par with industry average.

ConsRunning as lean as they can. Office had a budget headcount for 2 recruiters, I was there 9 months alone - Branch Manager was absentee - showed up maybe 6-8 days a month.

Could not even get an admin to assist with filing and data entry, was expected to do 5 interviews per day and all of the associated background, verifications and data entry; while still making 75 sales contacts per week and filling an average of 8-12 job orders per week.

As I asked for help, it was promised, but never delivered. When I started to fall behind on admin work, I was counseled. I again asked for help, asked if I could talk to/train with another recruiter who was meeting these expectations and told no one was - the metrics were set KNOWING that they were unattainable.

Advice to Senior ManagementLose the 'Burn them Out" attitude and culture. It's clear to employees after a couple of months that there is no meeting the metrics, and that they were set to be able to push employees, while reserving the right to terminate for not meeting them.

Set realistic operational goals, and staff branch offices accordingly. If an office is only one person, acting as receptionist, recruiter and sales, don't expect all three jobs to be done 100% every week. Any person putting out 2-300% is only going to last so long...

Advantage Staffing kept me working.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

ProsDuring my time at Advantage, I had few lapses in employment, and was often offered a couple jobs to choose from when it was time for a new assignment.

ConsThere were no cons in my case.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Unprofessional Practices

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Chandler, AZ

ProsThey helped me with making changes to my resume

ConsThey asked me for referrals and then gave the interview i was supposed to get to the person I referred to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not give the position to someone the original candidate referred.

Few jobs, low pay

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsPat Pierson was wonderful to work with! She was always helpful and new the local market well.

ConsMany jobs were short term/part time contracts with low pay and there weren't nearly enough of them available

Worked for Advantage Resourcing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advantage Resourcing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advantage Resourcing CEO Toshio Oka. All 47 reviews posted anonymously by Advantage Resourcing employees.