Advantage Resourcing

Updated August 12, 2014
Updated August 12, 2014

2.9

Toshio Oka

It was good the jobs just didn't last

Current Employee - Forklift Operator  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Pros

They find you good jobs and the people that work there are nice and they do try to find you a job as fast as possible.

Cons

It takes them awhile to find you a job sometimes and the jobs take awhile to hire you on full-time when they find you one.

If you have good workers try to keep them employed

You want me to do what?

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

Decent work/life balance - little to no overtime. Able to work from home

Cons

Too many hoops for candidates to jump through just to get a phone call from a recruiter. Candidates loose interest...

Streamline the process - or better yet, bring back the old process...

The worst job I ever had in my life!!!

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

Pros

There were no pro's except that the location of the Atlanta was close to where I lived so traffic and commute was not too bad. Other than that, there was nothing good about this job at all.

Cons

The branch manager was a liar. She hired me to take her place so she could leave me to run the branch by myself. The upper management are all close friends with each other so there is no point going to HR or anyone else because they are all in it together. There is NO work life balance at all. All recruiters are expected to use their personal phone for work with no compensation and you're expected to be "on call" 24/7 even on holidays and vacation.

Take a closer to look at your corporate recruiters and HR team. They are shady.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just another body shop

Pros

They have enough placements in well known companies that they can remain in the game despite the numerous operational dysfunctions.

Cons

From the initial contact from a recruiter, through the engagement, you are treated like cattle by someone who has no real understanding on what the project is about nor how your background fits in. You can explain it to them but all they do is listen for buzzwords contained on their requisitions. It's apparent that few of them have actually worked in IT in any real operational capacity.

Count your blessings while you can and cross your fingers that you are still able to find contractors who don't know their worth that you may pay them only a fraction of what they are worth in order to make margin.

Okay for a staffing agency

Pros

Easy online billing, offer limited health insurance options to contractors, smooth day-to-day operations and dealing with ordinary business issues, timely payments

Cons

Not really responsive or efficient when resolving non-standard queries, health insurance has poor coverage and is overpriced, compensation just at the market average or a bit lower

Would be nice to hire more efficient and enthusiastic employees for improved service quality and look into better insurance options

Accounting Support

Former Employee - Accounting Support  in  Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Accounting Support in Bothell, WA

Pros

There were honest about the position. If they wouldn't have a high turn over of employees I would still be working for them

Cons

There was no communication when a person needed to take a day off or appointments.

Get more contracts paying a decent pay rate. Just bcz Seattle changed their ay rate to $15.00/hr does not mean a person with experience still has to work for $15.00

Positive

Former Employee - Director  in  Ingleside, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Ingleside, IL

Pros

I had a very challenging opportunity, which allowed me to break new ground, using my own creativity.

Cons

Short sited management, concerning new market oportunities

Less focus upon metric and reporting; very time consuming

I had good communication between myself, the staff and my employees.

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Greenville, SC

Pros

I enjoyed working my with my emploiyees and helping them to grow everyday whether it was in their job or whether I just needed to be a ear to listen.

Cons

Some of the challenges that I ran across as the time went along was that the responsibility grew as more assignments were handed over to the staffing agency and the company didn't compensate the supervisors to keep up with the additional duties.

very professional

Pros

benefits, work-life balance, easy access to personal information for pay.

Cons

needs to follow through with clients on what their job description is.

communicate with employees on client's expectations and job descriptions.

I was placed at DexOne in Phoenix by Advantage in 2010 and was delighted to work for them as a temp for 5 months at $20

Former Employee - Sales Assistant-Dex One  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant-Dex One in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Work duties were easily picked up because of my previous Admin/Customer Service experience at Qwest Communications.

Cons

At DEXONE the office was very competitive and the initial training was done by manager Jeremy Packer at DexOne while subsequent training was shared from my peers. All of my co-workers had family refer them to the position, so advancement was rather difficult for me to attain.

Worked for Advantage Resourcing? Contribute to the Community!