Advantage Sales and Marketing

jobs.asmnet.com

Advantage Sales and Marketing Reviews in Bentonville, AR

Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier

Tanya Domier

Pros
  • Wonderful support from other sales reps (part time "support" from management)(in 31 reviews)

• Opportunity for new careers through the ACE program for recent college graduates(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • The job is demanding so sometimes it is difficult to maintain a work life balance(in 19 reviews)

• Upper management would tell us to do one thing and wouldn't follow thru on their end(in 37 reviews)

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The ACE Program

Leadership Development Associate (Current Employee) Bentonville, AR

ProsThe ACE program gives new hires a chance to get real world CPG industry experiece, while in paid training. You get to work with other ACE candidates all over the nation to complete projects that give you a better understanding of what the company does. They provide you with all the resources you need to help advance your career. While in training, you get to see almost every aspect of the company, and they give you the opportunity to switch your role at almost any time!

ConsThis is a very fast paced company. There are no future plans set in stone, so there are many last minute changes. You almost always have to be available through email.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more credit/attention to the front line employees that work in the clubs and stores. They are key to driving sales for our clients' products, and sales figures are the best way to pull new clients.

Plenty of opportunity to learn, but don't expect high pay.

Category Manager (Current Employee) Bentonville, AR

ProsAccess to marketable skills that will help you further your career.
    Decent Leadership.
    Easy to get in the door

ConsPay and benefits are substandard

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing fine. It's a brokerage firm.

Great place to build a foundation and newtork in the retail industry.

Category Analyst (Current Employee) Bentonville, AR

ProsTons of opportunities, great work environment, great co workers. great talent development program

ConsNot so great communication throughout the company, HR needs improvement & is in the middle of transitioning to new leadership.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Leadership Development Associate

Leadership Development Associate (Current Employee) Bentonville, AR

ProsThis company is growing at an exponential rate with a strong drive for innovation. They encourage new ideas and efficiencies from their employees, which gives employees the opporunity to think outside the box. The company is client focused, and their people are their brand.

ConsWith the fast growth, they have some difficulty maintaining a strong focus on current clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should continue their focus on innovation and obtaining and maintaining clients.

Nurturing

Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) Bentonville, AR

ProsAdvantage takes cultivating young talent very seriously. They invest in young bright minds with hopes of thier advancement in the company. Serious plus for young people right out of college or a few years out willing to work hard and build their career.

ConsThey are involved in so much different aspects of the food industry (i.e. marketing, sales, project work, continuity, category management) and are constantly expanding. The expanding and new business is great but in some instances they bite off more than they can chew. Have to be more concious of providing the best results for their clients already being serviced before taking on more responisibilities.

Great team to work with!

Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) Bentonville, AR

ProsHighly motivated team with an innovative atmosphere. Great benefits and very supportive staff. We are always looking to find ways to make other people's jobs easier.

In relation to other companies, we are always looking to fill roles with the most qualified individuals. This atmosphere, combined with the growth of our company, offers many opportunities for promotions. For individuals showing superior understanding of their position and talent could be promoted within a year of starting their current position.

ConsBecause we are a team that really depends on the work of others, individuals in supporting roles will have to be able to "manage" their managers to ensure that they understand their work load. Some people that don't do this end up with more work than they can handle.

Good company to work for.

Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Bentonville, AR

ProsFlexible, part time position, simple, no stress. You acquire a following. People look forward to seeing you and who doesn't like free samples?

ConsNo opportunity to move up if you have taken on the role of Sales Specialist or Event Demonstrator. It is a part time position that is generally Thursday thru Sunday. You will be working weekend events.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of your best feedback comes from your demonstrators. This information should be communicated to the manufacturers of the products we are demonstrating more thoroughly. One survey form does not fit all products. Survey questions should apply directly to the product being demonstrated. Actually handling and viewing the product yourself may give you insight as to what questions should be asked regarding the customer feedback.

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!