Advantage Sales and Marketing

Advantage Sales and Marketing Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier

Tanya Domier

Pros:
  • "Wonderful support from other sales reps (part time "support" from management)"
    in 27 reviews
  • "Opportunity for new careers through the ACE program for recent college graduates"
    in 22 reviews
Cons:
  • "There was absolutely no opportunity to maintain goals set by upper management due to this confusion"
    in 35 reviews
  • "The job is demanding so sometimes it is difficult to maintain a work life balance"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fast paced and opportunistic environment.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGood upper Management and program development
    Work with and meet interesting people

ConsUnfriendly at times - takes time to fit in.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your lower to mid range people

Good Pay great for college life

ProsOnly work Fridays Saturdays and Sundays. hours are 10-6pm.
    Great for busy college students or those needing a second job.
    Really easy and laid back managers.
    Great pay

ConsYou may end up working all weekend one week and then have nothing for 2 weeks.
    Many people don't take the samples you offer, and then you have to throw away good food.
    Gets boring.
    You don't really meet anyone from the company, so you work alone rather than having coworkers.

Awesome opportunity but you have to be willing to move all over the US

ACE LDA (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsGreat travel, great company, good training, etc

ConsIf you are young, they expect you to move at the drop of a hat

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easy Hire & Good Company to Work for.

Event Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsThis job was easy to acquire and great for first time experience in entry-level sales and marketing. The company does not micro-manage, so it is as if you are working for yourself. Instructions and scripts are pretty easy to follow and my manager was helpful in clarifying information over the phone. There is a company support line if you have questions about the event itself. An event kit is sent to the your home store location, so there is no transporting materials. Six hours standing during a shift was "just perfect" before my legs got too tired. If you enjoy entertaining, cooking, preparing food products and informing customers of new products, their features and benefits- this job is for you! Salary was decent and worth my while. If other employees slack on job performance or are "off", you can ask the manager for their hours and your manager will be delighted :)!!

P.S.- you may be paid for your hours/time driving to (other) work locations other than your home store, and you are compensated for "telephone meetings".

ConsThis is not a job that will afford you rent. This is a job you retain for supplemental income or newbie experience in sales and marketing. The hours you will be working are Thursday-Sunday (6 hour shifts). However, the hours range from "0" and up depending on the client, their scheduled events, holidays, your working at stores voluntarily for other workers, etc. So work hours are "not consistent". The hours were in the 11-7 range, which still leaves time to do some things on the weekend. It can be difficult to get in touch with the customer support line or your manager when you have a question, so prepare ahead as much as possible. Sometimes, there are items left out of your event box (which is delivered to the store) or kitchen tools or appliances that are "dirty" or missing out of your locker . You will have to hunt them down, clean them up, or buy new appliances per your manager on your company card, which can delay your event. It can be hard to clean the kitchen utensils (or appliances) for the event appropriately because you are sharing a dirty sink/work area and/or confined space with the seafood or bakery department. Reports at the end of the day do not always leave room for "appropriate answers", so you find places in your work report for answers or explanations.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix your work reports to allow for appropriate answers and explanations. Example: sometimes, you might ask employees to use one product in place of another, but this is not reflected in the answers your employees are being asked in their reports. Ask store managers if employees are at their work stations. Too often I have heard about "slacker" co-workers who were not at their work table for their events. You are a good company. Do not let them get away with it!!

Fast paced with many new things happening all the time.

Retail Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsThe people on my time are positive, hard working and great to be around.

ConsHigh amount of travel in my position

Been a few months and been great so far.

ProsReally fast paced at first. Takes a while to get a hang of things, coming from a retail setting.

ConsHard to say depending on your personal lifestyle. We all like to do things, but taking the time to learn the ropes.

Good company to gain experience in the CPG industry

Business Development Manager (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsRepresent Great clients and brands

ConsMaintaining a balance between work and life was very hard due to the number of clients/ responsibilities

Good

Field Operations Coordinator (Current Employee)
    El Segundo, CA

ProsCasual office environment, friendly people, good location

ConsLow pay, difficult to advance, lay offs frequently

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunity for raises and recognition

I have learned many advanced marketing promotions methodologies.

Video Game Sales Specialist (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsAdvantage Sales and Marketing,LLC is totally awesome.Especially,if you work the Sony Playstation Sales Day promotion as VGSS-Video Game Sales Specialist in Best Buy Stores #'s 216 &239, respectively.

Consit's seasonal work that pays the most for our work.I wish I could be a VGSS-Video Game Sales Specialist for (90 to (12) months of a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire me!Hire enthusiastic people like me.People who will go above and beyound to finish the promotions with a boom.

Good job if you are looking for something part time.

Event Specialist (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe flexibility of scheduling is great and the people are awesome to work with. Have met a lot of good friends. Love demonstrating the new products.

ConsI have worked there 4 years and have not had a raise. inconsistent hours. There is not a lot of room for advancement if you decided you wanted to look for something full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training for new employees. The burden of training falls on the current employees. Pay more attention to the content of the surveys that are submitted yearly.

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Advantage Sales and Marketing – Why Work for Us?

ASM was formed in 1987 on founder Sonny King’s vision of building a national sales and marketing agency focused on unparalleled service, customized solutions, and outstanding results. Today we are the leading sales and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advantage Sales and Marketing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier. All 667 reviews posted anonymously by Advantage Sales and Marketing employees.