Advantage Sales and Marketing

Advantage Sales and Marketing Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier

Tanya Domier

Pros
  • Wonderful support from other sales reps (part time "support" from management)(in 31 reviews)

• Opportunity for new careers through the ACE program for recent college graduates(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • The job is demanding so sometimes it is difficult to maintain a work life balance(in 19 reviews)

• Upper management would tell us to do one thing and wouldn't follow thru on their end(in 37 reviews)

Been a few months and been great so far.

ProsReally fast paced at first. Takes a while to get a hang of things, coming from a retail setting.

ConsHard to say depending on your personal lifestyle. We all like to do things, but taking the time to learn the ropes.

Good

Field Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsCasual office environment, friendly people, good location

ConsLow pay, difficult to advance, lay offs frequently

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunity for raises and recognition

management

Prosflex schedule is great for making your own day

Consmanagement is rude and does not care about their employee's

Advice to Senior Managementupper management needs to pay a little more to how there managers and supervisors are treating there employee's

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No time off! Crappy pay!

Disrict Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe ES'S are so dedicated and great people.

ConsAs a DM you are working 24/7 and covering more then your district without the pay! I have over 80 stores and no days off. My manager has been saying they will get me help for over 6 months now. The gas card they issue only last 2 weeks then you are paying out of your own pocket to make a paycheck. There are no rewards, recognition, or even a raise when you take on more work. Their starting pay for a DM is the lowest in the industry. They use good people until they finally burn out and quit...sad company to work for!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying your employees what they deserve...they work their bitts off for you!

Slave Drivers

Club Supervisor (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe people were mostly great. As a Supervisor it took a while to cull out the bad seeds that had been hired. It was pretty much a dream job if you had a good Supervisor. My District Manager and my Regional Manager were great.

ConsThey expect you to work 60 to 70 hours a week. After a full day at the club, you were expected to go home with your laptop and iPad and schedule, make changes, upload reports, you name it. One of my former co-workers another Supervisor was told recently by her new District Manager that she was expected to be by her phone on her days off and check her email frequently. The District Manager and the Regional Manager both quit in disgust after I was gone. Very very few have gotten raises in the past 4 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the surveys that you ask your employees to fill out, otherwise that money you spend would be better spend giving .25 or .50 raises to the people who have been there for three or four years and show up do a good job for you and go home and are never recognized. I used my own money to get treats like popsicles in the summer for the ES or candy bars when everything was going great but moral was down. I used your computer program to send out thank yous and good job as offen as I could find the time for. Listen to your Supervisors when we tell you that the money spend taking us to the GAYLORD for three days with entertainment that cost an arm and a leg we would all rather have on our paycheck as a raise or bonus. Or on our employees checks. I don't know why a lot of them haven't quit. The moral is way down and you better watch your backs. You think you can just hire anyone because the pay is good up front but it is hard to get people who aren't treated well to stay.

Evt Specialists-hope you'll be scheduled, show up and don't expect support/incentives

Event Specialist (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIf you enjoy talking with people, pro-active doing your own product research and like to be autonomous in your work, you will find this job okay. Since part time there are no advantages benefits.

ConsASM schedules only 5-7 days in advance and does not guarentee work/hours. Support materials=misinformation, numerous times=PRODUCT WAS NOT IN THE STORE. Did not provide opportunity to know co-workers, District Manager was not receptive and did not have interpersonal skills to supervise/manage large group.

Advice to Senior ManagementCOMMUNICATION is lacking=disconnect. No liaison between company and store, so many times no product to promote. EVs were addressed as "TEAM" but I did not know any other EVs. The Event Manuals were not helpful and the "education and selling points" were not effective and minimal. Many times product/procedure information was incorrect. Some of the EVs are just a body, giving samples, and others engage shoppers, and add to shoppers experience, but rewarded on same level, no incentive. Management on all levels non-responsive to email inquiries, and on whole did not acknowledge EVs. Winning!??

Only $1.50 premium for Holiday pay

ProsThe best thing about working for this company isn't much.

ConsOnly $1.50 per hour premium pay for working on holidays. As an event specialist, that equals a whole $9 before taxes if you work full shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay time and a half for holidays like almost every other company does for Federal holidays. The extra $1.50 is ok for mothers day and fathers day.

Loved the job until new HR team took over. ASM is not "THAT" company everyone should work for. Fire management!

Recruiter (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsIf you are one that can adapt to constant change and not having good managers that are strong leaders...it can be fun.

ConsConstant changes and poor management. Living one day at a time w no stability.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees and do things to fix issues. Hire management staff that has brains.....

If you want to go backwards in your career, this is the place to be.

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIts a job if you don't have one

ConsLow pay,minimum mileage compensation. you are a number

Advice to Senior Managementno advice, would not help management

Moving on to greener pastures

Event Specialist (Former Employee) Downey, CA

ProsLayout of program. Telephone support great.

ConsWas with the company for over 4 years with NOT ONE RAISE. After giving my resignation because of the lack of hours (currently have had only 2 shifts in a 6 week period), no one even called to say what's up with that....just got an e-mail from my current boss saying thank you for your resignation. They do no value there largest asset, the people that they employee!!

Advice to Senior ManagementRaises. Communication. Team Teleconferences. COMMUNICATION COMMUNICATION COMMUNICATION.

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!