Advantage Sales and Marketing

Advantage Sales and Marketing Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier

Tanya Domier

Pros
  • Wonderful support from other sales reps (part time "support" from management)(in 31 reviews)

• Opportunity for new careers through the ACE program for recent college graduates(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • The job is demanding so sometimes it is difficult to maintain a work life balance(in 19 reviews)

• Upper management would tell us to do one thing and wouldn't follow thru on their end(in 37 reviews)

70 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This job was very rewarding and educational.

Event Specialist (Former Employee) Sun Valley, CA

ProsYou can gain a lot of customer service experience while working at such a cool job with the best district managers.

ConsNot a lot of hour offered for event specialist position, and other positions with more hours were strictly commission based.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf it was possible, it would be awesome if you could give the event specialists more hours.

Evt Specialists-hope you'll be scheduled, show up and don't expect support/incentives

Event Specialist (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIf you enjoy talking with people, pro-active doing your own product research and like to be autonomous in your work, you will find this job okay. Since part time there are no advantages benefits.

ConsASM schedules only 5-7 days in advance and does not guarentee work/hours. Support materials=misinformation, numerous times=PRODUCT WAS NOT IN THE STORE. Did not provide opportunity to know co-workers, District Manager was not receptive and did not have interpersonal skills to supervise/manage large group.

Advice to Senior ManagementCOMMUNICATION is lacking=disconnect. No liaison between company and store, so many times no product to promote. EVs were addressed as "TEAM" but I did not know any other EVs. The Event Manuals were not helpful and the "education and selling points" were not effective and minimal. Many times product/procedure information was incorrect. Some of the EVs are just a body, giving samples, and others engage shoppers, and add to shoppers experience, but rewarded on same level, no incentive. Management on all levels non-responsive to email inquiries, and on whole did not acknowledge EVs. Winning!??

Loved the job until new HR team took over. ASM is not "THAT" company everyone should work for. Fire management!

Recruiter (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsIf you are one that can adapt to constant change and not having good managers that are strong leaders...it can be fun.

ConsConstant changes and poor management. Living one day at a time w no stability.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees and do things to fix issues. Hire management staff that has brains.....

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great intentions

Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAbility to grow, true entrepreneurial spirit with razor focus on policies.

ConsNo work life balance, personal growth is based on companies focus and immediate supervisor ability to provide guidance. No raises have been given in over three years and bonus have this year.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide some back up strategy, so managers can enjoy time off. The work life balance does not exist. Great company but one will work even if you are on vacation!

If you want to go backwards in your career, this is the place to be.

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIts a job if you don't have one

ConsLow pay,minimum mileage compensation. you are a number

Advice to Senior Managementno advice, would not help management

Moving on to greener pastures

Event Specialist (Former Employee) Downey, CA

ProsLayout of program. Telephone support great.

ConsWas with the company for over 4 years with NOT ONE RAISE. After giving my resignation because of the lack of hours (currently have had only 2 shifts in a 6 week period), no one even called to say what's up with that....just got an e-mail from my current boss saying thank you for your resignation. They do no value there largest asset, the people that they employee!!

Advice to Senior ManagementRaises. Communication. Team Teleconferences. COMMUNICATION COMMUNICATION COMMUNICATION.

Good

Field Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsCasual office environment, friendly people, good location

ConsLow pay, difficult to advance, lay offs frequently

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunity for raises and recognition

Potential for outstanding career field to much of a "click" mentality

Event Specialist (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsDiscounts at and with major retailers. Opportunities to demonstrate a variety of products directly to customers. Fun engagement with a span of interesting shoppers. No hard selling required.

ConsZero training of products. Uniform uncomfortable and didn't fit most employees. Correct product demonstration materials almost never received. Lack of cohesion made customers feel they where being lied too. Hours vary and are only given to seniority.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house most of your districts are in need of serious re-hauling of structure.

Great company with tremendous opportunities

Corporate Administration (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsAdvantage is a great organiztion constantly looking for ways to grow, improve, and develop new talent. Recent acquisitions create opportunities at all levels within the company.

ConsThe company operates in a very competitive industry that requires hard work to deliver results and maximize the potential of each person.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow the business and invest in people and technology to remian the industry leader.

They suck the life out of you, lay you off, then deny your unemployment claim.

Recruiter (Former Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsThe only true meaning of "Advantage" with this company, is that they'll take "Advantage" of you!! Constant layoff's and re-hires. Upper management can't get their act together. 4 layoffs in 2 years, and to add insult to injury, they then DENY your unemployment claim, saying you quit! They hate their front line employees, blame everything on them, when in truth they hire inept upper managers. Don't get on this merry-go-round to nowhere unless you're looking to get the life sucked out of you, only to then pay for someone else's mistakes by losing your job.

ConsIt's all cons if you value yourself and your work ethics

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all upper management and start over.

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!