Advantage Sales and Marketing

Updated September 23, 2014
Updated September 23, 2014

Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

Pros
  • Wonderful support from other sales reps (part time "support" from management) (in 34 reviews)

• This company is growing at an exponential rate with a strong drive for innovation (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The job is demanding so sometimes it is difficult to maintain a work life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Upper management would tell us to do one thing and wouldn't follow thru on their end (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights

74 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very friendly and a very fast pace environment.

Current Employee - Event Specialist  in  Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Gardena, CA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

I would say the best reason of working for the company is giving all employees the equal chance to grow .

Cons

They're aren't really any challages to to the job quite simple and understanding once you get the feel of it.

Incredible job.

Most disorganized and unethical company I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition  in  Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

The one good thing about this company is that they do hire great people...they under-value them, over-work them, and treat them like numbers (and of course make the fake show of employee recognition, which is almost an insult considering how you are treated otherwise), but if anything came out of the miserable experience of working there, it was having great co-workers (a majority that has also moved on to happier careers elsewhere).

Cons

Management is inexperienced and lacking any type of structure. Expectations are unrealistic and employee morale has been at a steady decline behind the scenes for some time. Unprofessional, impersonal, and just plain sad as they do have (had) great people at their disposal that really could have made a difference.

How you treat your employees is the foundation of your business. Hire people that are qualified to manage a team and instill confidence, work on restoring the faith in the company and stop being fake. Your employees will appreciate you more and maybe for once be proud to work for this company.

This Company is going Places!

Current Employee - Finance  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Growth, upward movement, this company is growing, growing, growing and the if you are willing to grab the golden ring, your future is secure.

Cons

Constant growth, means constant change. Need to be willing to change direction at a moments notice.

Share the wealth, stop hording equity and give others a chance to be vested in the Company. The more your assoicates feel they are vested, the more dedicated to ASM they will be!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Merchandiser

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser  in  Garden Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Garden Grove, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Steady work, steady pay, some good peers and decent training.

Cons

Most managers are positive, but theirs always one in the bunch who has it out for you. Your just a number and replaceable.

You hired the employees for a reason, because they are qualified. Managers who over see teams, need to stop being so nit-picking. I worked there for 5 years until one woman became my manager and all of the sudden nothing I could do was right. Wasn't me who needed to be retrained, it was her!

Good, but don't expect to move up

Former Employee - Technology Specialist  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Technology Specialist in Irvine, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Long lasting business, able to adapt to changes in market. Well thought out benefits plan, and flexible time off for both vacation and illness.

Cons

Stagnation. I could end it in that one word. The only reason I lasted at the company as long as I did was a shifted whole departments. There is little to no upward/sideways movement in the company. They hire for the position and nothing more. Aspire for management? Hope to hell you hired into it, otherwise good luck.

Seriously consider opening opportunities for advancement for those that show the ambition. I left after 10 years because I finally realized I was going to be better off advancing my life elsewhere.

This job was very rewarding and educational.

Former Employee - Event Specialist  in  Sun Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Sun Valley, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

You can gain a lot of customer service experience while working at such a cool job with the best district managers.

Cons

Not a lot of hour offered for event specialist position, and other positions with more hours were strictly commission based.

If it was possible, it would be awesome if you could give the event specialists more hours.

Loved the job until new HR team took over. ASM is not "THAT" company everyone should work for. Fire management!

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are one that can adapt to constant change and not having good managers that are strong leaders...it can be fun.

Cons

Constant changes and poor management. Living one day at a time w no stability.

Listen to employees and do things to fix issues. Hire management staff that has brains.....

Evt Specialists-hope you'll be scheduled, show up and don't expect support/incentives

Former Employee - Event Specialist  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you enjoy talking with people, pro-active doing your own product research and like to be autonomous in your work, you will find this job okay. Since part time there are no advantages benefits.

Cons

ASM schedules only 5-7 days in advance and does not guarentee work/hours. Support materials=misinformation, numerous times=PRODUCT WAS NOT IN THE STORE. Did not provide opportunity to know co-workers, District Manager was not receptive and did not have interpersonal skills to supervise/manage large group.

COMMUNICATION is lacking=disconnect. No liaison between company and store, so many times no product to promote. EVs were addressed as "TEAM" but I did not know any other EVs. The Event Manuals were not helpful and the "education and selling points" were not effective and minimal. Many times product/procedure information was incorrect. Some of the EVs are just a body, giving samples, and others engage shoppers, and add to shoppers experience, but rewarded on same level, no incentive. Management on all levels non-responsive to email inquiries, and on whole did not acknowledge EVs. Winning!??

Great intentions

Current Employee - Field Merchandiser  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Field Merchandiser in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Ability to grow, true entrepreneurial spirit with razor focus on policies.

Cons

No work life balance, personal growth is based on companies focus and immediate supervisor ability to provide guidance. No raises have been given in over three years and bonus have this year.

Provide some back up strategy, so managers can enjoy time off. The work life balance does not exist. Great company but one will work even if you are on vacation!

Moving on to greener pastures

Former Employee - Event Specialist  in  Downey, CA
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Downey, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Layout of program. Telephone support great.

Cons

Was with the company for over 4 years with NOT ONE RAISE. After giving my resignation because of the lack of hours (currently have had only 2 shifts in a 6 week period), no one even called to say what's up with that....just got an e-mail from my current boss saying thank you for your resignation. They do no value there largest asset, the people that they employee!!

Raises. Communication. Team Teleconferences. COMMUNICATION COMMUNICATION COMMUNICATION.

Advantage Sales and Marketing Photos

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!