Advantage Sales and Marketing

Updated September 17, 2014
3.1

Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

Pros
  • Wonderful support from other sales reps (part time "support" from management) (in 31 reviews)

• Opportunity for new careers through the ACE program for recent college graduates (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • The job is demanding so sometimes it is difficult to maintain a work life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Upper management would tell us to do one thing and wouldn't follow thru on their end (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Decent Company, Bad Commnication

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

Working with Nice people, Having Understanding Bosses, The Pay and Hours are decent for the amount of experience you need

Cons

Communication is almost non-existent. If you do not ask questions you will never know what is going on and sometimes when you do ask, they still have no idea. The hiring process is horrible and they deceive you into thinking you are getting mileage covered. There is LOTS of driving involved. They also told me details about the job that were not true.

Have a employee handbook that everyone receives. Have a weekly newsletter or email. Have mileage count by what is entered at the beginning and end of each drive. Offer carpool finder.

Entrepreneurial

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

ASM has been been a good employer - very positive attitude toward it's employees. They encourage and entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

Raises do not come annually with reviews. No salary bands.

Set up annual increases - especially for hourly associates based on merit.

Very friendly and a very fast pace environment.

Current Employee - Event Specialist  in  Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Gardena, CA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

I would say the best reason of working for the company is giving all employees the equal chance to grow .

Cons

They're aren't really any challages to to the job quite simple and understanding once you get the feel of it.

Incredible job.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to work Everybody is Wonderful to work with!!!

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pays Good Benifits are Awsome Gas Card

Cons

Long hours High Demands Overload

Offer other positions before you layoff. This is a person's life your dealing with.

They taught me how to be a event specialist and talk to the public or cuatomer's

Current Employee - Event Specialist  in  East Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in East Peoria, IL

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you on SSI you can work part time on weekends,and they training video online for you to look over so you know what you are doing.

Cons

You get to sample some of the product and learn new and easy recipes plus you get to know some of the employee's at the store you work at.

Don't want to be management

A Great Company to Work For!!!!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company has great management who are always there to help you with your current job and also to advance within the company. Work-life balance is always a main priority.

Cons

Could have a little better mileage reimbursement program.

I have no issues.

Very Interesting work....

Former Employee - Lead Demonstrator  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Demonstrator in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very interesting work doing demonstrations; helpful personnel most of the time; pleasant at all times; willing to listen if there was a problem, etc.. But the personnel a demonstrator deals with is not the right person to talk to when there are problems of any kind; they have to go to someone higher up and so on and the message did not always get passed on right away or to the right person. I have worked for Advantage both in South Carolina and Florida. All customers tend to purchase more products when they get a free sample to try. They all enjoy getting a "free" taste! Customers always seek out the demonstrations and they tend to purchase more items when they do get to sample before purchasing. And they do purchase!!!!! I have always enjoyed doing demos

Cons

Not always enough weekly work available; could have used more hours. Shoppers are always on the look out for demos and will buy more products once they have the opportunity to sample first ; promotions could be more prominent also; benefits could also use a lift!! AND shoppers show more interest in a product when it is being shown and demoed by an older, more experienced person than a younger one.. Have recently relocated to a different state(Florida) and no work is available at the present time but I'll keep looking!!!

Make more use of older, expericened demonstrators; shoppers have more trust in the older personnel than in a very yA little incentiveoung demonstrator who has not had years of cooking, baking, trying different products for their own family, etc,

Remedial, repetitive, relentless.

Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in Washington, DC

Pros

Your schedule is extremely convenient in most cases. You pretty much make the schedule that fits best with you.

Cons

Its tedious work, and really repetitive.

Communicate better with your underlings.

excellent

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

large diverse opportunity for advancement

Cons

working remotely commuication and some computer systems need uogrades

Event Specialist at Mariano's

Current Employee - Event Specialist  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Chicago, IL

Pros

Decent pay and good working conditions. Allows me to utilize my B.A. in communications and my experience in retail grocery (that's how I paid for college).

Cons

Still have to deal with store management.

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!