Advantage Sales and Marketing

Updated March 3, 2015
2.8

Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

Pros
  • Flexible part-time work; can volunteer to obtain additional hours (in 36 reviews)

• Work life balance, decent pay for the industry, 401k for part time employees (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Company began changing its business model and work-life balance changed to all work - no life (in 23 reviews)

• Upper management would tell us to do one thing and wouldn't follow thru on their end (in 41 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company, just need to give pay raise once in a while

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great training and support systems in place for new hires and all employees. Awesome online tools to help educate and support all managers. Aggressively seeking new business on a regular basis.

Cons

Lower than national average salaries for managers. I 've been with the company 5 years with no raises, yet great performance reviews and 2 promotions - the only way to get a raise.

Best part time job you can get just don't try and make a career of it unless your a lead.

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

Very social of you like engaging with customers while at the same time marketing products. it's a nice side job pretty much. and my coworkers

Cons

when customer traffic is really fast and you can't keep up with the crowd and when traffic of customers is so slow with practically no customers

The only thing i have to suggest is that they don't excessive employees to try and boost sales, it doesn't work, it only ends up taking time from the current workers.

Great company to work for, very flexible.

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good hours, flexibility, direct deposit.

Cons

Benefits not provided for Part-time employees

Review employees capabilities and skills to advance from within

Love my team, not the pay

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Austin, TX

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I work with an amazing team of people!

Cons

Cannot afford to live on what they pay me. I am single and $10.50 just won't and doesn't cut it anymore.

Reviews and raises for the employees that work so hard for this company!! Some kind of incentives to keep us doing the job we do everyday for you!

Very Professional Organization

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

The types of jobs were both varied and routine. Many times merchandising materials were sent to your home for various assignments. Entering assignment data online was pretty easy. It was necessary to fax in reports with managers' signature on them. Easy to get in touch with your supervisor or someone on staff to answer questions -- either via email or telephone.

Cons

The pay was pretty low and there was a lot of driving among stores. Servicing Wal-Mart frequently was onerous because you'd have to go into the stockroom on a frustrating search to find a particular item.

More training for front-line employees. Regular newsletters to front-line employees and a structured way to get raises, e.g., every year. The salary and pay for mileage was definitely low. Consider validating your employees by paying them more.

Was Flexible and Fun at times.

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

Working from Virtual Office.
    Supporting Field Mgt with their recruitment objectives and developing great relationships.
    Providing employment to those in need and being a constant resource of support.

Cons

Change of Management in TA created a downward spiral.
    When the company decided to put quantity over quality, business was lost along with employee morale.

If it's not broken don't try to fix it, especially if you don't know how. The Company should look into the the trend of the TA Dept over the years, identify where and when the company was doing 'Great' and revert back to some of the basic concepts.

great company

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

nice people, lots of samples

Cons

lots of change great trips

pay people more

Okay

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

flexible schedule,love the hours

Cons

Need more days to work

Part of the status quo.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

I love my flexible schedule. Top of the industry tools provided to do my job. ASM has a great reputation in the field that I am employed.

Cons

My team lacks support. There is no communication with other team members. I have once a week interaction with my supervisor for 20 minutes during a rushed conference call. I have heard the same goes for other teams. Recently there has been more focus put on our bigger volume clients leaving our smaller companies with virtually no services provided to them at all. I have been with Advantage for 8 years. In that time they've taken away my car allowance and gas card due to financial strains. I haven't gotten a raise in pay for 3 years.

Better communication on all levels. Some peer to peer time would be very beneficial to new hires.

A good, well-meaning company.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many advancement opportunities, work/life balance and professional autonomy.

Cons

Pay is decent at best, raises are hard to come by and the mileage reimbursement is ever changing.

The minimum wage is increasing everywhere. An increase in our pay would be appreciated and timely.

Advantage Sales and Marketing Photos