Advantage Sales and Marketing

Updated September 28, 2014
Updated September 28, 2014

Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

Pros
  • Wonderful support from other sales reps (part time "support" from management) (in 34 reviews)

• This company is growing at an exponential rate with a strong drive for innovation (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The job is demanding so sometimes it is difficult to maintain a work life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Upper management would tell us to do one thing and wouldn't follow thru on their end (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights

was mediocre

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

good work culture, good pay

Cons

corporate driven, hard to grow with company

Good Job and Encouraging

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser  in  Saint Joseph, MO
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Saint Joseph, MO

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

This has been one of my favorite jobs so far. Worked well with school for me. Was able to work a schedule that fit my school schedule. Loved the position and felt that I learned a lot from it. Did occasionally have extra work available for people who were wanting extra hours.

Cons

Downside was that being that my area was small, I didn't get enough hours. Generally had only 12 hours a week. Sometimes communication was hard with managers.

Make it easier for merchandisers to get into contact with managers. One of my managers use to have to make store calls in an area with no cell phone service and would sometimes take a couple days to answer an email.

Easy. Basic skills needed to perform this easy and low paying job. Hours were fine and it really wasn't very difficult.

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing  in  Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Boulder, CO

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great to put on a resume if you want initial sales experience. They will essentially hire anyone so this was great for getting my foot in the door for sales.

Cons

If you don't have reliable transportation then consider where you will be working. They might schedule you at locations outside of your biking or bus range so that can be tough.

Can't complain here. Some of the marketing strategies were a little strange, like sampling chicken salad while selling dog food. That was strange.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Entrepreneurial

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

ASM has been been a good employer - very positive attitude toward it's employees. They encourage and entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

Raises do not come annually with reviews. No salary bands.

Set up annual increases - especially for hourly associates based on merit.

Very friendly and a very fast pace environment.

Current Employee - Event Specialist  in  Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Gardena, CA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

I would say the best reason of working for the company is giving all employees the equal chance to grow .

Cons

They're aren't really any challages to to the job quite simple and understanding once you get the feel of it.

Incredible job.

Very Interesting work....

Former Employee - Lead Demonstrator  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Demonstrator in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very interesting work doing demonstrations; helpful personnel most of the time; pleasant at all times; willing to listen if there was a problem, etc.. But the personnel a demonstrator deals with is not the right person to talk to when there are problems of any kind; they have to go to someone higher up and so on and the message did not always get passed on right away or to the right person. I have worked for Advantage both in South Carolina and Florida. All customers tend to purchase more products when they get a free sample to try. They all enjoy getting a "free" taste! Customers always seek out the demonstrations and they tend to purchase more items when they do get to sample before purchasing. And they do purchase!!!!! I have always enjoyed doing demos

Cons

Not always enough weekly work available; could have used more hours. Shoppers are always on the look out for demos and will buy more products once they have the opportunity to sample first ; promotions could be more prominent also; benefits could also use a lift!! AND shoppers show more interest in a product when it is being shown and demoed by an older, more experienced person than a younger one.. Have recently relocated to a different state(Florida) and no work is available at the present time but I'll keep looking!!!

Make more use of older, expericened demonstrators; shoppers have more trust in the older personnel than in a very yA little incentiveoung demonstrator who has not had years of cooking, baking, trying different products for their own family, etc,

They taught me how to be a event specialist and talk to the public or cuatomer's

Current Employee - Event Specialist  in  East Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in East Peoria, IL

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you on SSI you can work part time on weekends,and they training video online for you to look over so you know what you are doing.

Cons

You get to sample some of the product and learn new and easy recipes plus you get to know some of the employee's at the store you work at.

Don't want to be management

A Great Company to Work For!!!!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company has great management who are always there to help you with your current job and also to advance within the company. Work-life balance is always a main priority.

Cons

Could have a little better mileage reimbursement program.

I have no issues.

Remedial, repetitive, relentless.

Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in Washington, DC

Pros

Your schedule is extremely convenient in most cases. You pretty much make the schedule that fits best with you.

Cons

Its tedious work, and really repetitive.

Communicate better with your underlings.

Advantage Sales and Marketing Review

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Although the company demands a lot, there is flexibility in the schedule.

Cons

Salary, training, not open for feedback, work-life balance, they do not value their associates.

Consider associate forums and listen to the challenges in the workforce. Stop over-selling the company to clients and over promising what can be delivered.

Advantage Sales and Marketing Photos

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!