Advantage Sales and Marketing

Advantage Sales and Marketing Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier

Tanya Domier

Pros:
  • "Wonderful support from other sales reps (part time "support" from management)"
    in 25 reviews
  • "Opportunity for new careers through the ACE program for recent college graduates"
    in 22 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management changes their minds more than they change their underwear"
    in 33 reviews
  • "The job is demanding so sometimes it is difficult to maintain a work life balance"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A great place to be all that you can be!

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI have been with the company a number of years and continue to be impressed by the opportunities it presents to its people to grow; its ability to stop, listen, and embrace the views of its associates; its focus on doing what's right; and always trying to be even better. If you work hard, you will not only see first-hand how your contributions make a difference but be recognized.

ConsTruly no cons to speak of.

Opportunity to Grow with Hard Work

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time

ProsIf you work hard you will gain experience and opportunity to learn many new skills. Great Culture and teamwork enviroment. Managers that care and Great vacation policy!

ConsLarge company with many areas and can be difficult to understand all of the areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop opportunties as business grows and continue to reward associates that are providing great service to the clients.

I am an associate and I like my work

Retail Event Specialist (Current Employee)
Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing for more than 3 years

ProsIf you want part time work, this is perfect the job is not hard, but can be boring at times, and the pay is good.

ConsBoredom, finding products that may not be stalked at the time, or they may be out of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend time with your even specialist and help them advance.

Advantage Opportunities

Event Specialist (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for more than a year

ProsLeadership access is good, they respond fairly..

ConsNot enough work, and I am always seeing advertising for more demo people

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the current employees before advertising for more demo persons.

A very organized and well run company

Event Specialist (Former Employee)
Mansfield, MA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for less than a year

ProsFriendly people, interaction with customers

ConsNot enough hrs., not too much training, some customers didn't want to hear what we had to say

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication with employees is needed

The most fun I had with a job in years.

Event Specialist (Current Employee)
Irvine, CA

ProsIt's a great job to work and if you love to talk to random people this is the job to work.

Consno challenge for me but if anything I would say educating everybody on the product you are demoing.

Advice to Senior Managementno idea

Great place to work!

Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee)
Greenville, MI

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for less than a year

ProsThe flexibility for scheduling projects, the pay structure is way above market from other field marketing companies. They insure you are paid for ALL your time, project pay, drive pay, and also paid to input your projects when completed.

ConsI let you know but so far none.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time.

Fantastic Company Driven By Entrepreneurial Spirit

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

ProsASM is a large and dynamic organization so the opportunities for growth are endless. Working hard is rewarded in terms of compensation, recognition and career advancement.

ConsBecause ASM is a national organization you do not often get to interact with associates across the country at once. Holding national meetings more often will allow the ASM associates to connect and collaborate in person leading to greater company success.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to push for better communication within the organization. The recent focus on this area has led to a more engaged and connected team.

Roller Coaster Ride-Amazing when on the upside and very disappointing when things aren't going well.

Recruiter (Current Employee)
Irvine, CA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people you work with internally and clients.

ConsDecisions are made by people who have never held roles within the areas of change, which results in negative outcome all across the board.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no need to fix something that is not broken and if you do not understand it you have no business making changes or attempting to improve it. You have lost really amazing people in the Talent Acquisition Department

No Structure or Leadership

Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time

ProsCoworkers, hours, this company is a joke

ConsManagement is clueless about what they need to succeed, unrealistic goals to meet in Talent Acquisition, Company does not promote from within, Fire great people, micro-management

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team, get more recruiting resources, invest money and time into your employees

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Advantage Sales and Marketing – Why Work for Us?

ASM was formed in 1987 on founder Sonny King’s vision of building a national sales and marketing agency focused on unparalleled service, customized solutions, and outstanding results. Today we are the leading sales and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advantage Sales and Marketing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier. All 594 reviews posted anonymously by Advantage Sales and Marketing employees.