Advantage Sales and Marketing

Advantage Sales and Marketing Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier

Tanya Domier

Pros
  • Wonderful support from other sales reps (part time "support" from management) (in 31 reviews)

• Opportunity for new careers through the ACE program for recent college graduates (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • The job is demanding so sometimes it is difficult to maintain a work life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Upper management would tell us to do one thing and wouldn't follow thru on their end (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Great if you can handle it

Home Center Assembler (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe pay is very good, once you are comfortable at it. I work about 6 hours a day 4 days a week and made about $300-$400. But I am also one of the faster guys around

ConsIt's seasonal unless you live down south. So make money when you can and have a backup plan for the off season to make money.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour assemblers work damn hard during peak periods and make you a lot of money. It would be nice to have a built in situation set up to give the guys work once the season is over in a different area such as merchandising or sales or something until spring setups come back around.

I had a great experience being the Epson representative at Best Buy through Advantage Sales and Marketing!

Consumer Electronic Retail Specialist (Former Employee) Peoria, IL

ProsGreat compensation. Very helpful management and support team. Paid training semenars.

ConsLow hours -- only worked 8-10 hours per weekend, although this was part of the job description and expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, the marketing strategies employed though Consumer Electronic Retail Specialists is very effect and spot on -- for the most part. What I would recommend is providing education or guidance to your employees on how to effectively train retail team members, as this is key when the CERS is only at their designated location for a very short amount of time each week.

Good, but don't expect to move up

Technology Specialist (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsLong lasting business, able to adapt to changes in market. Well thought out benefits plan, and flexible time off for both vacation and illness.

ConsStagnation. I could end it in that one word. The only reason I lasted at the company as long as I did was a shifted whole departments. There is little to no upward/sideways movement in the company. They hire for the position and nothing more. Aspire for management? Hope to hell you hired into it, otherwise good luck.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously consider opening opportunities for advancement for those that show the ambition. I left after 10 years because I finally realized I was going to be better off advancing my life elsewhere.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoyed the job; my experience was very positive

Demo Event Specialist (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThe best reasons to work there is to learn to work independently and with customers, comply with food handler policies, accurately report the event to proper authorities, and becoming food manager certified, i am very impressed with the entire job and with the testing and learning techniques.

ConsOne of the biggest challenges is navigating through the large super size grocery stores to set up your demo stations in a timely manner for the current event. This means locating where the dishwashing sinks are to wash, rinsie and sanitize your dishes and return to your demo area to set up. If you can do that. the rest is a piece of cake. oh yeah, and too much down time, sitting out of work for months at a time waiting to be scheduled to work is a bit too much.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow at least a half an hour more set up time only at the super size grocery stores.

Review of Employment as a Retail Sales Merchandiser

Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGood company that has an interest in advancement of their position in the market place. The acquisition and utilization of current technology assist in this purpose.
    this company has fast track opportunities for those interested in achieving long term plans.

ConsWork is at a steady pace and requires a planned organized approach to its completion. Work can be straining to ones physical body, be prepared.

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrent Management is attempting to communicate with the lower echelons but still has a way to go. However, thumbs up for the effort.

Assembler

Home Center Assembler (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou meet a diverse set of people. Could be worth it if you work long enough to gain speed

ConsLong work hours at peak periods, poor work coordination, wasted time on non work activities, poor staff welfare and remuneration

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter remuneration and protection of workers should be considered

Company seemed okay, but local management was too much

Event Specialist (Former Employee) Honolulu, HI

ProsFor part-time, unskilled labor, this Demo job was fairly easy and paid pretty well. I liked that I never had to work for longer than 6.5 hours from late morning, and that I got a guaranteed 30 -minute break with two 10-minute breaks. The customers could be annoying sometimes, but generally they were manageable. The coworkers were pretty nice too.

ConsThe local manager was just too much. Plus, the job is very weekend intensive; expect to work every Saturday in addition to a Friday or Sunday every week (sometimes Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to calm down and stop sweating the workers; oftentimes these products sell themselves. At other times, a happy worker can sell these products; but if the workers are not happy, then they won't sell as well.

A company that is flexible for you.

Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThis company is a good company to work for. Almost stress free. They are very flexible with your schedule. The company encourages promotion. The supervisors are respectful.

ConsThe pay rate could be better.

Depends on the team

Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsIndependence, working with people, Travel.

ConsLack of opportunity, If you aren't on a good customer team, ie, chain stores, dealing with the gas stations and mom and pop stores are frustrating. If you don't have a garage, the amount of samples you have to store at home can be ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe stores we were sent to needed to be vetted.

ASM RSM

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is a considerable amount of independence.

ConsThe management is full-time, but they only give support part of the time. Territories are reviewed and may be realigned yearly.

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!