Advantage Sales and Marketing

Updated September 28, 2014
Updated September 28, 2014

Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

Pros
  • Wonderful support from other sales reps (part time "support" from management) (in 34 reviews)

• This company is growing at an exponential rate with a strong drive for innovation (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The job is demanding so sometimes it is difficult to maintain a work life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Upper management would tell us to do one thing and wouldn't follow thru on their end (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights

Easy. Basic skills needed to perform this easy and low paying job. Hours were fine and it really wasn't very difficult.

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing  in  Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Boulder, CO

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great to put on a resume if you want initial sales experience. They will essentially hire anyone so this was great for getting my foot in the door for sales.

Cons

If you don't have reliable transportation then consider where you will be working. They might schedule you at locations outside of your biking or bus range so that can be tough.

Can't complain here. Some of the marketing strategies were a little strange, like sampling chicken salad while selling dog food. That was strange.

They taught me how to be a event specialist and talk to the public or cuatomer's

Current Employee - Event Specialist  in  East Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in East Peoria, IL

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you on SSI you can work part time on weekends,and they training video online for you to look over so you know what you are doing.

Cons

You get to sample some of the product and learn new and easy recipes plus you get to know some of the employee's at the store you work at.

Don't want to be management

excellent

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

large diverse opportunity for advancement

Cons

working remotely commuication and some computer systems need uogrades

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The experience was great.

Former Employee - Event Specialist  in  Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had a Flexible schedule.

Cons

I had felt that I could have done better for myself by leaving the company, but found out that I should have stayed. I believe that I was approved for rehire, also.

I am FOOD SAFETY CERTIFIED, and have a license to serve alcohol.(ABS). Gary Simec was my former superviser, and I know his sister Rachael Simec which had hired me at that particular time.

I love working for this company.

Current Employee - Retail Event Specialist  in  Roanoke, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Event Specialist in Roanoke, TX

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Everything. The pay. The managers. This company is amazing.

Cons

You'll have to stand for very extensive periods of time but you can bring a stool from home.

Keep doing what y'all are already doing because you guys are incredible!

Retail Sale Merchandiser

Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love my boss!!! I am being treated with the upmost respect.. The hours I am working are great, they fit me perfect. The benefits are very nice. There is complete understanding from my boss and up, that I am a new employee and I am learning their procedures , I will be a little slower at completing assignments.

Cons

I am a rather new employee so at this time I have no cons.

Keep doing what your doing.....

outstanding insight needed for making the right offer to prospective employees

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

i dont have much good to say

Cons

may not have exact matches

more segmentations

Food Demo Associate

Current Employee - Food Demo
    Current Employee - Food Demo

Pros

Best thing is they pay decent; you get paid to do reports online and any online training; and they really encourage documenting all administrative time to get paid for it whether it is checking schedules, email or a phone conversation with your manager. It is all online work, besides the food demo itself. It is a pretty independent job.

Cons

The con is just standing on your feet for long hours and sometimes you get a boring product with no coupons or demonstration, but overall, it is very good for part-time work.

There is nothing to complain about. Management is very organized. Sometimes, just need more work.

This Company is going Places!

Current Employee - Finance  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Growth, upward movement, this company is growing, growing, growing and the if you are willing to grab the golden ring, your future is secure.

Cons

Constant growth, means constant change. Need to be willing to change direction at a moments notice.

Share the wealth, stop hording equity and give others a chance to be vested in the Company. The more your assoicates feel they are vested, the more dedicated to ASM they will be!

Great if you can handle it

Current Employee - Home Center Assembler  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Home Center Assembler in Boston, MA

Pros

The pay is very good, once you are comfortable at it. I work about 6 hours a day 4 days a week and made about $300-$400. But I am also one of the faster guys around

Cons

It's seasonal unless you live down south. So make money when you can and have a backup plan for the off season to make money.

Your assemblers work damn hard during peak periods and make you a lot of money. It would be nice to have a built in situation set up to give the guys work once the season is over in a different area such as merchandising or sales or something until spring setups come back around.

Advantage Sales and Marketing Photos

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!