Advantage Sales and Marketing Reviews

Reset
2.8
Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

Pros
  • Since part time there are no advantages benefits (in 36 reviews)

• Flex-scheduling helps with work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance is horrible (in 23 reviews)

• There was absolutely no opportunity to maintain goals set by upper management due to this confusion (in 41 reviews)

1,018 Employee Reviews

1. Terrible HR, with ridiculously uneducated and sub par management

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

Easy job. Read a script. Dont ask questions. Paid to be a drone. The dumber the better

Cons

Second rate management. Typical churn and burn sales company.

Advice to Management

You people can't even properly forecast your payroll for the new people you hire. You hire people on then, find out after the fact that you can't afford to keep them on. No wonder your not a publicly traded company, if you can't even forecast a budget how in the world could you ever get the stock holding public to take you seriously???.... You have a bunch of hacks working your management that can't even navigate a desktop computer let alone anything else. Hard to take this place seriously. Dont even bother applying here. Your just wasting your time.

2. No Future

Current Employee - Resetter in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Resetter in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They do hire the older worker to supplement retirement

Cons

Travel is off and on, drive time and mileage have changed in the past 6 years to the company side. And hotels have gotten worst over the past 6 years. No raises to talk about.

Advice to Management

We are out there doing work to rise the company to higher standards, show the ones in the field a little respect in the form of bonuses or better hotels while on the road..

3. Stay Away!

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- You could probably get paid for doing nothing pretty easily with this company (not commission-based pay). - If you're super bored and want a reason to get out of the house on weekends, this job can provide that. - Can do this job on the side even if you have a FT job or school during the week.

Cons

I had a TON of issues with this company but the quick points are: - No internal communication what-so-ever. Since no one talks to each other, every one is consistently on a different page and nothing can get accomplished. - The hiring process was very misleading. They were constantly rushing me to complete tons of forms, trainings, and tasks without explaining what the job was actually going to entail. - Once hired they started scheduling me for shifts I had not been trained for and, even worse, scheduling me for two shifts in different locations at the same time -- I'm not sure why their system even made that possible, but obviously no one can work in two places at once. - The computer systems they use are very outdated. They're difficult to operate and do not make communication within the company any easier. - When I quit it took the company months to process it and stop scheduling me for shifts because no one ever knows what's going on. I wasn't showing up for shifts at all and no one had any idea; their only concern was that I stopped logging my hours online.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure how this company is still functioning based on all of the internal problems I saw in such a short amount of time. I highly recommend hiring a consulting firm to make some serious changes in your operations. Also, you absolutely need to update your computer programs - they're horrible.

5. Consistent

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Will hire older people consistently.

Cons

Expect a lot from objectives

Advice to Management

Keep up good work

6. Great Pay for Students

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Miami, FL

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay Not too many hours You get to keep some of the products you promote

Cons

Very disorganized Weekend work No benefits Temporary jobs

Advice to Management

Get organized before you start a promotional program for a product. It will make everything run more smoothly and your ambassadors will be more motivated to do a good job.

7. Event Specialist

Current Employee - Event Specialist in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

I love my job. I work inside Wal-Mart. I do not have a boss over my shoulder. I love the fact that we travel to different stores because I don't want anyone to trying to keep up with me. The pay is good. The hours are flexible. I like the later hours during the week because I don't have to be stuck in traffic.

Cons

I wish we get our health insurance back.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

8. Ok second gig.

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Des Peres, MO
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Des Peres, MO

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Took this position for some extra income. Fantastic pay. Great way to meet new people and get insiders on new products and recipes

Cons

All the rules, restrictions, and pressure from manager drain the fun out of the job. Its gets a little uneasy seeing seniors getting hired who can barely be on their feet all day or are not engaging club members

Advice to Management

More breaks would be appreciated. I arrived when they supposedly reduced it from two break times to one.

Aweful. Run from them

Current Employee - RSM in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - RSM in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

None. You will never be important. Pay next to nothing to fill your garage. And car with their supplies first 60 miles each direction are on you seniority means nothing

Cons

Just taken from full time to part time. 19 1/2 hours a week or leave. I will choose leave. Seniority means nothing shame on you. I am a top performer. Wow.

Advice to Management

Learn to do things right. Seniority matters. Performance matters.

10. Premium food specialist

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

flexible schedule. hourly salaries is a plus.

Cons

little growth in this company management is very unorganized hours are never stable.

11. Could provide a lot for of the employees. It is a very big company but they give the associate as if it's a start up.

Pros

Be your own boss. Know one hanging over your sholder all day. Not to much pressure as long as you are self motivated you fine.

Cons

No car allowance,no competitive pay,lack of full employee involvement. No company party. Fast turn over rate in management and employes.

Advice to Management

Get full company involved with each other. Better pay, cat allowance. More bonuses opportunity. Better benefits. Better gas reimbursement maybe gas cards.

Showing 1,018 of 1,029 reviews