Advantage Sales and Marketing Reviews

885 reviews filtered by
2.8
Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

Pros
  • Flexible part-time work; can volunteer to obtain additional hours (in 36 reviews)

• Work life balance, decent pay for the industry, 401k for part time employees (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Company began changing its business model and work-life balance changed to all work - no life (in 23 reviews)

• Upper management would tell us to do one thing and wouldn't follow thru on their end (in 41 reviews)

1. Working at ASM has been like riding a rollercoaster. You never know what is coming around the next curve.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

Flexible schedule (depending on the team you are on)
    Working on your own. No one looking over your shoulder.

Cons

Mileage pay is not enough to cover the amount of driving required.
    Not enough training.
    Not enough direction.

Make sure that the supervisors being hired have some people skills and are friendly and can relate to their employees.

2. My experience has been excellent. I can work my own hours and the management is polite and understanding.

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Owatonna, MN
    Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Owatonna, MN

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pros are the flexibility and the ability to work on your own. I also have a great manager.

Cons

I wanted to work in a certain city and I am not getting hours in that city. I am getting hours in another city and it is working out for the time being. Otherwise there are no cons except if you want to work Monday through Friday 40 hours per week.

When I make recommendations they should be taken seriously. Coupons do increase sales.

3. Absolutely NO experience required and NO training either

Former Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in South Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in South Bellingham, WA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can get hired over the phone.

Cons

Poor pay, no guidance, training, communication

Hire experienced,trained people. Do a good job and have Happy customers.
    Pay reasonable rates.

5. Upper management never sees you so doesn't understand your worth

Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not really sure there are any besides you can take off work whenever you want and tell send in a temp from work smart.

Cons

Low pay, not appreciated for your work, unfair travel reimbursements, dead end. Supervisors provide false hope for moving up. No raises. Benefits decline over time but your expected to work harder.

Treat your employees better because the quality of the people you employ is declining because no decent person will work for so cheap.

6. Great company and very flexible schedule

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

The pay is good for being a student
    Flexible

Cons

Sometimes have to travel a far distance

More crew on resets

7. Organization with abundant resources to achieve sales and marketing goals and objectives

Current Employee - Director in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Director in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong Marketing and analytic s makes for a strong sales.

Cons

The company never sleeps as it provides solutions for their client base

Live the core values - They do!

8. Retail Merchandiser

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Manchester, NH

Pros

Varied Assignments covering a large area.

Cons

Not Enough Assignments in a week.

Need to better control territories.

9. Started at the bottom, now you're...still here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Nice group of coworkers, work hours, the vacation, sick & floating holidays.

Cons

I've only had one manager (out of the 4 over a one year period of time) who actually listened and cared about us. They make changes and let everyone else know except the people at the bottom-who do all the grunt work. The way they treat their employees is sad, because they are a really great group of hard working individuals. I like my job, just not the way we are all treated.

You over load everyone and even when we voice our concerns to you and higher management you just make fake apologies. They let middle to upper middle management do whatever they want, and yet the people at the bottom can't say anything...If we do it usually winds up being our fault and not the person causing the problem. Treat people better and you'll have less turn over.

A promising opportunity that went bad.

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

Somewhat flexible schedule. Paid on time.

Cons

Pay does not cover your commuting expenses. Poor training, almost non-existent. Minimal mileage reimbursement for commutes. Small jobs and little opportunity to make any real income.

Start paying your people fair value for their commuting. Current system is not fair to the employees. Force management to actually train their employees instead of sitting home and managing staff from a computer screen.

Good company for your resume, not so much for your sanity.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Really amazing people work there for the most part: alot of talent from a variety of backgrounds... they often don't stay more than 6-9 months though because management doesn't listen well to what's going on in the trenches nor do they learn from their history. ASM is the largest company you've never heard of and is essentially the proverbial 900 pound gorilla in the CPG space.

Cons

If you start as a Director or above, pay scale is around market and the benefits are good regardless. At lower levels, workload is insane, prior planning for campaigns is often poor or not done well enough in advance and KPIs are often unrealistically high. Perks are available in Irvine and Anaheim offices because Sales people can be found there. Santa Ana has no perks other than the terrific people that work there.

Step back and try to see the workflow you supervise from the tactical level: decisions you make are detrimental to the organization if you just "think" you understand how works is executed in the trenches. Often, what you do exacerbates issues with retention of talent and you're left with the ham 'n' eggers instead of the top performers. Also, take time to recognize people who are doing good work for you.

Advantage Sales and Marketing Photos