Advantage Sales and Marketing Reviews

Updated March 28, 2015
886 reviews filtered by

Great Pay! Didn't really like my boss.

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Columbus, GA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

The Pay and paid training on the computer.

Cons

Managers not too good, they should really put hidden cameras in the kitchens to see how the managers really are.

Watch the managers.

2. Best part time job you can get just don't try and make a career of it unless your a lead.

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

Very social of you like engaging with customers while at the same time marketing products. it's a nice side job pretty much. and my coworkers

Cons

when customer traffic is really fast and you can't keep up with the crowd and when traffic of customers is so slow with practically no customers

The only thing i have to suggest is that they don't excessive employees to try and boost sales, it doesn't work, it only ends up taking time from the current workers.

3. Route Manager/Trainer

Current Employee - Route Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Route Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

For Retail accounts only:Flexibility with Schedule, Manage your own time or work alone most of the time. Generous Holiday time off including day before, on and day after Thanksgiving. Personal holiday and earned vacation. Medical is okay, was better until Obama care kicked in. Premiums went up, employer contribution down. coverage or type of plans changed. Like with most companies. Nationwide, multiple areas to grow and transfer. Lots of ample opportunity for new college grads seeking business mgt. experience. I was always treated well. I would work for them again

Cons

Lack of individual training. If you are not a self starter or think like an business owner then field retail is not the ob for you. You need to have the ability to build and maintain client relationships with your managers. If you only represent one client it is not that much pressure. Raises are minimal but its offset you never work weekends. Travel...depends on the . Company cut backs to reduce stipends and no car allowance across the board with few exception. Overload and promises to clients make it impossible to get your job complete. Hesitant to accept any promotion due to weakness in communication of upper management to peers . Lack of vision and goals not communicated. Could have been a supervisor issue as well.

Car allowances should be revisited for those retail mgrs, salary or non salary covering more than a normal route. A consistent training module or a division of specific trainers to alleviate turn over of new associates. A realistic work load of less clients or split the divisions so more dedication to key clients. Reviews below are neutral but are closer to 4 stars on first 3. There is so much growth that enough time has not been visited to invest in what you have.

Not Very Organized

Current Employee - Event Specialist
    Current Employee - Event Specialist

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing (more than a year)

Pros

You get to be the one to get a brand to the public's awareness. You also get to meet good people (customers and co-workers both). You learn new ways of preparation for food and once in a while you can even embellish it to help make a sale. Once in awhile you feel a sense of accomplishment and camaraderie at the end of the day. Pay is so-so.

Cons

Where to begin.. This company does not seem to care about the morale of its workers, at least at my level. Time and again. management has reinforced how they really are not interested in what the worker bees have to say about their rather droll conditions. Management also plays favorites, even going so far as to engage in nepotism/favoritism, and they aren't really that subtle about it either. We are expected to put on a painted smile and sell to customers, yet we are continually subjected to constant (read: daily) rule changes which aren't conveyed, yet when they are broken, they waste no time swooping in and shellacking us for insubordination. You need to be adaptable and creative to thrive here, and even at that, there's the politics and drama to wrestle with. There is also a huge range of work versus downtime, and scheduling is often last-minute at best. You are unofficially on-call with this gig. Finally, the training (loosely termed) is done mostly online. And good luck with anything else, because there are a plethora of other important things you need to know afterwards that are treated like state secrets. If you are good at fumbling around in the dark and like watching your hair turn white with frustration, ring them up. I'm sure they always have room in their vacuum bag for more souls. On top of al of this, there isn't much stability; you might work a ton for a while but then there's a lot of down-time.

To higher-ups: Please, for the love of all that is holy, employ some semblance of organization down here. And get people who care about motivating the workers in a positive manner. Because whatever system you have now is doing nothing but cultivating a mutiny. Who in their right mind lets the supervision browbeat and condescend the people who are supposed to be cheery and chipper with customers? There's a place for cold supervision. It's called a penitentiary.

Part of the status quo.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

I love my flexible schedule. Top of the industry tools provided to do my job. ASM has a great reputation in the field that I am employed.

Cons

My team lacks support. There is no communication with other team members. I have once a week interaction with my supervisor for 20 minutes during a rushed conference call. I have heard the same goes for other teams. Recently there has been more focus put on our bigger volume clients leaving our smaller companies with virtually no services provided to them at all. I have been with Advantage for 8 years. In that time they've taken away my car allowance and gas card due to financial strains. I haven't gotten a raise in pay for 3 years.

Better communication on all levels. Some peer to peer time would be very beneficial to new hires.

Great company, just need to give pay raise once in a while

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great training and support systems in place for new hires and all employees. Awesome online tools to help educate and support all managers. Aggressively seeking new business on a regular basis.

Cons

Lower than national average salaries for managers. I 've been with the company 5 years with no raises, yet great performance reviews and 2 promotions - the only way to get a raise.

Was Flexible and Fun at times.

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

Working from Virtual Office.
    Supporting Field Mgt with their recruitment objectives and developing great relationships.
    Providing employment to those in need and being a constant resource of support.

Cons

Change of Management in TA created a downward spiral.
    When the company decided to put quantity over quality, business was lost along with employee morale.

If it's not broken don't try to fix it, especially if you don't know how. The Company should look into the the trend of the TA Dept over the years, identify where and when the company was doing 'Great' and revert back to some of the basic concepts.

9. Okay

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

flexible schedule,love the hours

Cons

Need more days to work

Very Professional Organization

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

The types of jobs were both varied and routine. Many times merchandising materials were sent to your home for various assignments. Entering assignment data online was pretty easy. It was necessary to fax in reports with managers' signature on them. Easy to get in touch with your supervisor or someone on staff to answer questions -- either via email or telephone.

Cons

The pay was pretty low and there was a lot of driving among stores. Servicing Wal-Mart frequently was onerous because you'd have to go into the stockroom on a frustrating search to find a particular item.

More training for front-line employees. Regular newsletters to front-line employees and a structured way to get raises, e.g., every year. The salary and pay for mileage was definitely low. Consider validating your employees by paying them more.

11. great company

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

nice people, lots of samples

Cons

lots of change great trips

pay people more