Advantage Sales and Marketing Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014

3.1

Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

Pros
  • Wonderful support from other sales reps (part time "support" from management) (in 31 reviews)

• Opportunity for new careers through the ACE program for recent college graduates (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • The job is demanding so sometimes it is difficult to maintain a work life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Upper management would tell us to do one thing and wouldn't follow thru on their end (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

A company that is flexible for you.

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is a good company to work for. Almost stress free. They are very flexible with your schedule. The company encourages promotion. The supervisors are respectful.

Cons

The pay rate could be better.

Review of Employment as a Retail Sales Merchandiser

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company that has an interest in advancement of their position in the market place. The acquisition and utilization of current technology assist in this purpose.
    this company has fast track opportunities for those interested in achieving long term plans.

Cons

Work is at a steady pace and requires a planned organized approach to its completion. Work can be straining to ones physical body, be prepared.

Current Management is attempting to communicate with the lower echelons but still has a way to go. However, thumbs up for the effort.

I had a great experience being the Epson representative at Best Buy through Advantage Sales and Marketing!

Former Employee - Consumer Electronic Retail Specialist  in  Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Consumer Electronic Retail Specialist in Peoria, IL

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great compensation. Very helpful management and support team. Paid training semenars.

Cons

Low hours -- only worked 8-10 hours per weekend, although this was part of the job description and expected.

Overall, the marketing strategies employed though Consumer Electronic Retail Specialists is very effect and spot on -- for the most part. What I would recommend is providing education or guidance to your employees on how to effectively train retail team members, as this is key when the CERS is only at their designated location for a very short amount of time each week.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This job was very rewarding and educational.

Former Employee - Event Specialist  in  Sun Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Sun Valley, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

You can gain a lot of customer service experience while working at such a cool job with the best district managers.

Cons

Not a lot of hour offered for event specialist position, and other positions with more hours were strictly commission based.

If it was possible, it would be awesome if you could give the event specialists more hours.

Retail Sales Representive

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working in the field no bosses looking over your work all the time. I did my job and went home.

Cons

I had 2 of the worst bosses I have ever had in my long career.

Pay people more money who do a great job. Stop paying much less than nomal for mileage on car useage. Stop paying the people at the top way too much and share the money with the people on the front line.

Check your club manager!

Former Employee - Event Specialist  in  Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting company to work for. There are no perks. Even so I loved the job.

Cons

Dealing with the racism of the club manager who does not understand the concept of "team".

People should be treated as though they are a member of the human race. Can not approve of any CEO who has the capacity to be aware of the treatment and continually disregards it.

Demo

Former Employee - Sales Specialist/Event Demonstrator  in  Mason City, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist/Event Demonstrator in Mason City, IA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, can be flleible

Cons

Hours are not always available. Had to quit cause of lack of hrs at times, it made my housing go up which woul;d been ok if I got similar hrs every week, there months I could not pay all my bills

Some make the hrs more consistant

Not you father's Advantage Sales and Marketing anymore

Current Employee - Territory Representative
    Current Employee - Territory Representative

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Not a TOTALLY HORRIBLE place to work.Liberal holiday schedule. Not cooped up in cubicle all day. Some freedom.

Cons

You are NOT respected by mid/upper management. In fact, employees seem to be Advantage Sales least important asset. Things have gotten progressively worse over the years with huge cutbacks in car allowance, office time allowed and other operating expenses. Forget a pay raise OF ANY KIND as Tonya Dormier, the C.E.O has seen to that. "The company must be profitable" is the mantra every time a raise is mentioned or cutbacks questioned. Mid/Upper management could be considered "unskilled" and that's being kind. Our DRT team leader is an airhead of the highest order, and her boss would throw his mama from a train if he thought it would further HIS standing within the company.Typical corporate management mentality from top to bottom.

A cost of living raise would be nice at least every couple of years, but I get it...the company must be profitable, even if it's at the employees expense. Either hire competent managers or please sell the company (again) to someone who will. Car allowance is a joke. Pay scale horrible. Address these issues or watch it all go down the drain.

better than nothing

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

make your own schedule. That's about it

Cons

never get raises. Does pay us back for the printer ink and paper we have to use.. lowest paid merchandisers.

Started with Campaigners, Lost All Status when ASM stepped in...

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Miami, FL

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started as an Epson representative in CompUSA stores and the pay was amazing, the hours were great, management was incredibly helpful and involved and I received a great deal of assistance from my district and regional managers. We had weekly conference calls, and then individual calls to discuss progress and the possibility of moving up. CompUSA stopped doing the program, so I lost my regular spot, but my manager knew what a hard worker I was and fought to get me placement in other areas. I still worked almost every weekend filling in for various people that needed the day off. Then, ASM acquired Campaigners, my manager was no longer my manager and no one explained the transition to any of us at all. That is where the cons began...

Cons

... I received a new manager that could never remember my name and asked me the same questions over and over. He would schedule me for something and then I would get a call the day before canceling the event. It was money I really needed at the time, so I stayed on, but eventually, the hours and the help from conference calls completely dried up. I repeatedly said I wanted to remain on staff and be called for any and every substitute shift or long-term option that became available. I had been a loyal employee for more than 3 years, and then they just laid me off from the team one day, and I only found out because I got a letter from the office of unemployment asking me to verify that I had "quit." That was another hassle, because I had to go through a process to prove that I was not quit, but apparently laid-off without my knowledge. I only give this company two stars because my experience with Campaigners was worth 5 stars. ASM is a one-star (if that) company.

Appreciate the "little people" that make your jobs and livelihoods possible. Learn our names. Don't change online systems and policies every few months to a point that it is so confusing, people need to reach out to management multiple times to get help.

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!