Advantage Sales and Marketing Reviews

Updated April 24, 2015
912 reviews filtered by

Management Team (or lack thereof)

Current Employee - Jewel Reset Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Jewel Reset Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

Have worked for ASM for over 28 years the six years part time and enjoy my job

Cons

Management is lacking in professionalism on the Jewel re-set team. Very little communication between management and employees -- leads to high levels of frustration on the part of the field reps. I.E,, within the last two years communication is nill. It seems as though the "new team" of young managers is unaware of how to address the situation. We can all be texting -- sometimes a phone call is the best way in an emergency.

Advice to Management

Please train your management team better. It would be nice if the field reps actually met their managers. It would be even better if these managers actually came into the field to see what work is being done and how it is accomplished. I don't think any of my managers has a clue what I do or how I do it.

It was good for a while, but....

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The schedule I had was pretty awesome. Worked really well with what I was doing at the time.

Cons

The pay is substandard in the industry, you get a 28 cent raise YEARLY, and most likely your team is going to be full of incompetent, untrained, and unstable coworkers and peers. Not to mention full time hours are hard to come by.

Advice to Management

What management? I only saw them when there was a problem. Keep on doing that.

Good Company, Bad management

Former Employee - REM in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - REM in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Steady FT work, route close to home, OK pay. Work Independently under structure.

Cons

Management is told to micro-manage. Most manager will TRY to find something wrong with what your doing. Unless your the bosses pet, you'll never get ahead

Advice to Management

Tell managers/supervisors to supervise, not be Hitler and try to find wrong doings when youve been an employee for over 10 years.

Upper management never sees you so doesn't understand your worth

Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not really sure there are any besides you can take off work whenever you want and tell send in a temp from work smart.

Cons

Low pay, not appreciated for your work, unfair travel reimbursements, dead end. Supervisors provide false hope for moving up. No raises. Benefits decline over time but your expected to work harder.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better because the quality of the people you employ is declining because no decent person will work for so cheap.

6. event specialist

Current Employee - Computers IM Good With in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Computers IM Good With in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

I give out samples to produce the product

Cons

studying to develop a career in graphic design

Advice to Management

making sales of the product.

ASM is a professional wasteland offering zero innovation and the saddest culture imaginable.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Don't take the job requirements seriously. MANY of the people I have worked with (across multiple levels of authority) are lacking a working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, the rules of professional correspondence, and the basic functions of the web-hosted applicant tracking system they use, so clearly they do not hold anyone accountable in regards to basic professional skills. You can be totally useless and still have a job here, and likely even become a supervisor. You can also staple your pants (cuffed outward) in lieu of hemming them, make ignorant and discriminatory jokes to a guffawing crowd, take advantage of others, assert your pay grade difference with a subordinate, and move into a supervisory role without merit. Excellent prospects for trolls and duds....

Cons

Most of the people here regurgitate the same ignorance they hear spouted from above. You will be encouraged to suck up and lie just as much as you are lied to, without ever calling it what it is, of course. The culture here is unhealthy and dull, but that could be a PRO if you're lame and looking for little competition to be the star of your next workplace.... You will be threatened with being "FORCED" to work on Saturdays, even if it's not you who is falling behind, and regardless of your availability. Worse than that, the slacker who puts you in that mess will be allowed to LECTURE you about YOUR work. Let the eye-rolling commence.

Advice to Management

I have nothing to say to anyone in management at ASM, because they seem pretty satisfied with themselves. Whether it's coming from an individual or a team, you will be bragged to and you will be expected to ooh and aah, even when the braggart is comically inept.

8. Had a good time working here. To them family comes before work and do what they sa.

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

hours worked, do their best to help you succeed, pay

Cons

they should look at your whole body of work not just one incident, give better raises

Advice to Management

when you ask for feedback on products you have to take the good with the bad

9. Great culture and people

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Focus on career development for individuals

Cons

Compensation could be a lot better

Advice to Management

Spend a little more on the talented people that you are investing in.

Good business concept;

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

Good training; friendly enough people

Cons

Not encouraged to think outside the box or do something outside of your job description.

Advice to Management

Have no idea what the company culture is. Very siloh mentality. Asked for an org chart so I could learn more about how the cmopany is structured - told not to worry about it.

Great company to work for, very flexible.

Pros

Good hours, flexibility, direct deposit.

Cons

Benefits not provided for Part-time employees

Advice to Management

Review employees capabilities and skills to advance from within

Advantage Sales and Marketing Photos