Advantage Sales and Marketing

Updated October 19, 2014
Updated October 19, 2014

Advantage Sales and Marketing CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

Pros
  • Flexible part-time work; can volunteer to obtain additional hours (in 35 reviews)

• This company is growing at an exponential rate with a strong drive for innovation (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Company began changing its business model and work-life balance changed to all work - no life (in 23 reviews)

• Upper management would tell us to do one thing and wouldn't follow thru on their end (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights

Most disorganized and unethical company I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The one good thing about this company is that they do hire great people...they under-value them, over-work them, and treat them like numbers (and of course make the fake show of employee recognition, which is almost an insult considering how you are treated otherwise), but if anything came out of the miserable experience of working there, it was having great co-workers (a majority that has also moved on to happier careers elsewhere).

Cons

Management is inexperienced and lacking any type of structure. Expectations are unrealistic and employee morale has been at a steady decline behind the scenes for some time. Unprofessional, impersonal, and just plain sad as they do have (had) great people at their disposal that really could have made a difference.

How you treat your employees is the foundation of your business. Hire people that are qualified to manage a team and instill confidence, work on restoring the faith in the company and stop being fake. Your employees will appreciate you more and maybe for once be proud to work for this company.

full time benefits, GOOD while it lasted

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Pikeville, KY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Pikeville, KY

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

mostly flexible schedule, can set your own schedule, good benefits if you are full time.

Cons

not getting any raises, in 12 years I was employed, I only gained $1.48 . company famous for cutting their full time employees to part time so don't have to pay benefits ie, vacation,holiday,sick,long and short term disability, health insurance

This company needs to compensate their hourly employees as generous as they compensate themselves, stop cutting your full time employess, this is so they can save on their benefits because they are so greedy they want more for themselves ie, bonuses, commissions from the work of their employees.

Hired twice where job description was far different from actual job duties

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Passaic, NJ
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Passaic, NJ

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have nothing to write here

Cons

I quit twice. First time I was told all work would be close by and many stores were too far. Second time I was given an hourly rate and after being hired I was told that hourly rate was only for in store time which would only account for half of my time. The rest was "admin" time that would be $4 less per hour. I was also told I would get mileage reimbursement and it turned out to be untrue and that I would only get "admin" time pay for time travelled in between stores. This position also required me to go too far for it to be worth it.

Be honest in your hiring practices.

They do not treat employees well

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in State College, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in State College, PA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home. Independence in setting schedule.

Cons

You never know month to month if your are working or not. Company dismissed me for violation of their social media policy. Even though my Facebook account had been hacked.

Great Company for innovative ideas, but watch out after the programs start to make money for ASM

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

2007 - 2012 Very open about ideas regarding program launches. Encouraged ideas and had a bottom to top business model. Believed that those in the trenches knew how best to handle issues in the trenches but then....

Cons

Company began changing its business model and work-life balance changed to all work - no life. You had two days off, but were "expected" to complete tasks even if you were off. Human Resources department changed as well. As managers, we were encouraged to ask questions regarding personnel issues; however, those questions soon became ammunition to dig around and create chaos, confusion and unnecessary fear among employees. Upper management wanted "true" numbers regarding execution but were unwilling or unable to provide solutions or support if your numbers were not up to standard...

There used to be a promote from within culture with ASM... Now it seems that the hiring is going to younger, more inexperienced people. I don't know if that is so you can pay less for middle management positions, but it's difficult to win battles when your team has never been in a battle. Remember, if you hire in desperation, you will be desperate. You get what you pay for... Value your people, they are what grows the business.

Chaotic

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Edgewood, NM
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Edgewood, NM

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am an event specialist. It is fun and usually different for every event. I am able to use my personality within the guidelines of the company policies. If you want time off, you just put it on the calendar and there is no pushback.

Cons

Sometimes you can go for a week or more without an event. The event specialist position is not a good one in this area for a steady income. There have been times when my product was not at the store and I didn't get to work all day. It is sometimes hard to get my supervisor to answer phone calls or emails.

I would like to see some sort of program to make sure the events lined up with what was in the store.

Event Specialist at Mariano's

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and good working conditions. Allows me to utilize my B.A. in communications and my experience in retail grocery (that's how I paid for college).

Cons

Still have to deal with store management.

excellent

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

large diverse opportunity for advancement

Cons

working remotely commuication and some computer systems need uogrades

This company is the worst. Have been employed with them twice

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Slidell, LA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Slidell, LA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (less than an year)

Pros

None. Was told merchandizing was different division of company and its not. Was hired twice one for event specialist and one merchandizing. Neither one did I even get to work 1day. Was told had to travel 2 hours to work.

Cons

Never trained,no work after hired for an area was told had to travel 2 hours from home to work. Never met anyone in person. No communication at all.

Get managers that care and are not rude and say they wish someone was never hired for an area because they have too many people and all the older people get the jobs.

Working at Advantage

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

work/life balance, work schedule flexibility

Cons

no benefits, no vacation, below "living standard" wages

more advancement opportunities, realize and recognize talent that you have within your ranks

Advantage Sales and Marketing Photos