Advantage Technical Resourcing

Cold calling machine!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advantage Technical Resourcing full-time for less than a year

Pros

The keurig, co workers were awesome, casual Fridays

Cons

No happy hour, rude people on the phone, no head set for making calls, lack of snacks in the break room

Keep it up!

Contracted for Advantage Technical Resourcing for 2 years

Former Employee - Contractor  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Contractor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Advantage Technical Resourcing as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Direct Supervisor was effective -

Cons

Created unrealistic expectations on a dying account
    No raises provided
    Terrible medical plan
    No support in terms of providing tools needed to work effectively

Reward and support solid employees
    HR needs to be more responsive to employee issues (IE Sexual harassment employees not being paid correctly, etc)

good experience

Former Employee - Printer Tech  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Printer Tech in Irving, TX

I worked at Advantage Technical Resourcing full-time for less than a year

Pros

great company good overall experience

Cons

contract too short needed to be longer

none

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Run from this group

Current Employee - Service Engineer  in  Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Service Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Advantage Technical Resourcing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the HR staff were the best

Cons

Oppressive work environment. People duck and look over their shoulders while whispering when talking. A select few minions report to a woman who believes her own line of garbage while swigging her own kool aid. Definitely cult like rather than culture.Her minions are abusive and backstabbing while screaming about process but will not demonstrate the process.

The problem is management. HR does not respond to complaints and evidence of abuse. Cant believe a major auto manufacture uses this company. Will never buy their product again. Will seek the Italians or the cheap ignition switch company. Buy the witch a bullhorn so the 200 plus people can hear her cut their pay.
    Horrible communications for a phone center. Helps to have the phones labeled.

Working for a Contract House

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  York, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in York, PA

I worked at Advantage Technical Resourcing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid top money for their employees, which included per diem for the area, and found quality work for their employees

Cons

Medical benefits were minimal at best with no paid time off for holidays, contact with home office was almost non-existent at times

Good gigs when offered. Prompt pay as earned.

Current Employee - Technical Support/TDS  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support/TDS in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Advantage Technical Resourcing as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Straight forward tasks with adequate instructions.

NOTE: glassdoor doesn't allow for no city based focus - location varies per client if you are willing to travel as I am.

Cons

Crushingly short notice per assignment with the project management team obviously under pressure.

Contract and connect with as much lead time as can be gotten. Debrief as follow up for assigned staff for clarity toward so so, adequate, or excellent job completed.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Compensation is great and leadership at the company never fails to let you know what you're in store for when accepting a project.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Keep up the great work.

They lure you with promises but don't deliver

Current Employee - Contractor  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Contractor in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Advantage Technical Resourcing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have a job. The benefits team seems to respond very quickly to questions or with help.

Cons

Once you are contracted somewhere, you never hear from them. They don't have your back, and just want whatever money they get to place you. They tell you that the chances to get hired are great then you find out you'll never get hired in that position because it's always been a contract position. Awful benefits (no actual vacation, just an irregular payout schedule), HMO medical, some paid holidays. No paid personal, jury duty, sick, bereavement or any other paid time. Medical and dental costs almost $300 a month for one person.

Don't lie to people and tell them there is a great chance for them to get hired when you already know the company has you in a permanent contract situation, It's misleading and disrespectful. And If your employees can't trust their HR reps then who can they trust? Ensure employees can go to someone with their concerns and it will be confidential. Don't just drop your employees at the door of the contractor and walk away.

Worked for 2 weeks then they called and said I couldn't go back.

Former Employee - Contracted to Work At Google As A Customer Service Representative  in  Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Contracted to Work At Google As A Customer Service Representative in Boulder, CO

I worked at Advantage Technical Resourcing as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed speaking with the recruiter. He gave me tips and advice for interviewing with the company I would be working for (as a contract temp employee). Had a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with company and an in person interview with the company. Process went rather quickly.

Cons

They did not properly assess my application apparently. I was hired and and only worked for 2 weeks. The manager at the company said I was performing well and then they dropped my contract due to a technicality on the paperwork. I have a felony on my record (which I stated on the application) and the company apparently will not consider anyone with a felony for contract work. My felony relates to party to a crime marijuana charge in WI for something completely legal in the new state where I live (CO). Additionally I volunteered for a drug assessment and they would still not keep me regardless. It was devastating as I was really enjoying the work and the environment of the company I was contracted to work at.

Review the application thoroughly before making an offer. I was honest on the application and it was extremely disappointing for both myself and the manager with the company I was working at (hire/training process was elaborate). I realize that there is nothing I can do about my past and it is unfortunate that this temp agency as well as the contracted company cannot be more understanding or open minded,

Advantage dealt fairly and openly with me.

Former Employee - Mechanical Designer/Checker  in  Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Mechanical Designer/Checker in Columbia, MD

I worked at Advantage Technical Resourcing as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

My recruiter / account executive always made himself available to talk to me.

Cons

Honestly have no complaints at this time.

Nothing at this time.

Worked for Advantage Technical Resourcing? Contribute to the Community!