Advantage xPO Reviews

2.9
Karen Browne

Great experiences

I have been working at Advantage xPO

Pros

Opportunity to work with a company on the forefront of the industry, relaxed yet structured work environment. Dynamic and friendly coworkers, communicative and approachable upper management.

Cons

Compensation/pay somewhat modest as compared to other companies.

2. Fun place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advantage xPO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, good environment and a lot of autonomy to do your work as long as you produce results

Cons

Having a team that sits in so many different places can make it challenging to stay aligned

Advice to Management

Communicate early and often, employees like to understand what's going on and how their work contributes to the success of the business

Great Stepping Stone

I worked at Advantage xPO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed management style. If you do your work and help the company, they are very flexible.

Cons

No real training, and not a ton of opportunity for growth.

Excellent Support From Supervisors

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Advantage xPO

Pros

The management team at Advantage xPO has been available to support its Program Managers both in their development and when difficult situations arise. It's motivating to know they are invested in our success both at an individual and program level.

Cons

Your colleagues are spread throughout the country, therefore it is difficult to interact with them on a face to face basis. That being said the company's investment in Skype has circumnavigated that problem.

Program Managers run their own businesses

Current Employee - Program Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Program Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Advantage xPO

Pros

Program Managers are given the autonomy to run their accounts as a business. With that autonomy comes accountability. Great support. I walked into an account that had some issues due to some staff transitions and was given great support by my manager as well as the CEO, who made resources available to help and fix the issues. As a result, we were able to course correct and return to a business as usual state.

Cons

None so far. I have only been in the role for a short period of time. I have had a great experience so far. This is not an environment for the feint of heart. The expectations that you are delivering a high quality fo service to the end clients are high.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing. Set the bar high and provide the support needed to achieve those goals.

7. Helpful

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Advantage xPO

Pros

They are very helpful with searching for a job with specific needs.

Cons

None that I can think so far but wish it was a longer contract. Totally understand it's a state law.

Advice to Management

Great recruiter! Please keep up the good work.

8. Poor leadership

I worked at Advantage xPO

Pros

Flexible schedule and nice colleagues

Cons

No career growth and/or interest in development from senior management/leadership.

9. Stay far away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advantage xPO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most days you can leave work on time
    There is really little to nothing good to say about this company.

Cons

This company is run by a bunch of clueless people who then promote more clueless people into management positions. Some of them may have a good head for business, but when it comes to being leaders, they all fail miserably. The Chicago office has no sense of direction from anyone. The person who is theoretically in charge is 1. Never there 2. So socially awkward that everyone avoids her at all costs.

Turnover is very high. Seven people quit in three months in an office that has less than 30 people. Instead of addressing the issues and finding out why people are unhappy, they have a potluck to try and boost morale. Sure, let me pay out of my own pocket so you can have some semblance of "culture". Speaking of company culture, there is none at all. There are absolutely no perks to working here and you will have to work on holidays that most normal people have off.

Pay is low and there is wide disparity among recruiters. Two people can be doing the same exact job and one is making barely above minimum wage while the other is a full, salaried employee. The make you do a development plan and self-review, but then take away any chance of getting promoted.

Benefits are expensive and don't cover a lot. You will still have to pay a ton out of pocket. Don't get sick.

There is almost a "discrimination" between people with children and people without during snow days. People that endure coming to the office when there is 3 feet of snow on the ground get a half-hearted thank you, while other people get to work from home or not come in. It's not clear who gets what and why.

Advice to Management

Wake up! Compensate your employees fairly for the work they are doing. Pay attention to how and why people are leaving and adjust your management accordingly.

10. There

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Advantage xPO

Pros

Laid back environment. They hired me, so management can't be all bad. :)

Cons

Some of the staff was very unprofessional. Some would make offensive remarks. I felt that I was treated and looked upon unfairly. The pay is very lousy. Also, there's no room to get promoted. There's also no way to get a raise in pay.

Advice to Management

Pay your people accordingly.

11. Worst Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advantage xPO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros working for this place. VP is the most unprofessional arrogrant manager I've ever endured.

Cons

Everything about this place in negative. The people who work this place are unprofessional and very clickish! The only reason I gave a one star is because I couldn't give a zero!

Advice to Management

Advice to manager would be to learn how to treat people! Especially people with a disability like yourself.

RSS Feed </> Embed