Advantis Global Reviews

3.7
CEO

1. I love my job!

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best coworkers ever, love it!

Cons

N/A... I like my job! It's not for everyone though.

Advice to Management

N/A

2. A Scam From Top to Bottom

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Advantis Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get basic training on how to run meetings with clients as you progress from recruiter to account manager. This experience is actually helpful. Also, you get to pad your resume with high-volume cold calling experience

Cons

Management is inexperienced, unethical, inconsiderate, and not open with their employees about the inner workings of what is going on. I have actually seen recruiters and account managers doing drugs in the office. The churn rate at the company is at least 85% (check LinkedIn to see how long recruiters and account managers were at the company). There is ABSOLUTELY NO training on anything technical. The managers will flat out tell you they don't have any knowledge of technology or what they are recruiting for. There is no structure as to who they hire and why they are hired - this creates a lack of trust with management and displays a lack of direction for the company. You only get paid 43K salary per year, which is god awful for the Bay Area.

Worest company to work with

Former Employee - Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advantis Global full-time

Pros

No Pros. Advantis Global is a staffing company that provides consultants to other companies. The consultants are treated as "employees" of the company however there is no benefit offered to the employees like other staffing companies. No 401K retirement, no vacation pay, nothing. All they do is every Friday they send you an email reminding you to submit timecard by the end of day so they can bill the company on time.

Cons

If it is company to company billing, it is even worse. Advantis Global A/P does not follow their payment terms and frequently send the payment late without any explanation. This is no creditability of this company to make payment on time. Do not recommend this company at all.

5. Prepare to work hard but it REALLY pays off!

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time

Pros

This has been such a rewarding job for me. I have learned so many skills within this past year it's unbelievable. From my communication, to my confidence to my sales skills, I have exceeded everything I thought I would be. Not only that but I truly have a second family at work. Ok enough of the mushy stuff. Free health benefits was a huge plus for me and having a solid base salary plus commission was a great way for me to still make money while I was ramping up with my sales.

Cons

The first 2 months was a struggle for me. I wasn't used to long-ish days and I wasn't a morning person so that was an adjustment but I guess that's any career for the most part these days. Once you get past a few months you start to get into your groove and everything becomes extremely natural.

Advice to Management

Offer a 401K, PLEASE!

Recruiter in Training

Current Employee - Recruiter In Training in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter In Training in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for! I really get a chance to stand out and also can work in a small team environment. There is a lot of encouragement from upper management to get promoted quickly! The hands on training is very helpful.

Cons

Not a huge corporation so still get the start-up feel sometimes.

7. Recruiter/Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been promoted twice within a year. I had to work hard, but like anything else in life you get out what you put in. Great opportunity with upward growth potential. Good pay, work life balance, and fun team activities like Giants games and day excursions like trips to South Lake Tahoe.

Cons

It's still in the start up phase which has its pros and cons. If you're looking for a corporate environment this probably isn't the fit. Small teams make it more like a family, if you're a Lone Ranger it's probably not your cup of tea.

Advice to Management

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Recruiter

I worked at Advantis Global full-time

Pros

Excellent room for growth and a great environment to work in.

Cons

You are hired as an AM but end up being a recruiter. Just be weary.

Advice to Management

Be upfront with employees.

9. As Advertised

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with the firm for a few months and everything is advertised. Team and management is supportive and I couldn't be more thrilled to be starting my career here. I interviewed for many sales jobs but none offered the upward mobility and autonomy I can have here. Many of my friends have already left other sales jobs but I'm here to stay!

Cons

There's an average amount of attrition for the industry as far as I understand. Little tough given the friendships formed with some but the career opportunity trumps the downside of losing friends who aren't cut out for Sales.

Advice to Management

Added investment in training program is paying off - keep it going!

10. Poor follow up

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They were easy to contact and get in touch with and I received help from them for my questions and concerns.

Cons

I did not like that they never followed up with me once I finished working for Cisco. I never heard from them again for further opportunities. The rate of pay was very low and the share they took was unfair, especially for the bay area.

Advice to Management

I would say to maintain long term relationship with employees, follow up with them and offer loyalty rewards like higher pay for future projects.

"Work Hard, Play Hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time

Pros

I feel like most people only go through the motions of their careers and I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work! Not only do I enjoy the people that I work with, but I enjoy what I do! I am constantly building personal and professional relationships, on a daily basis. Being a part of this company is more like being a part of a team. The amount of positive feedback you get from your teammates and upper management, makes you want to work that much harder. This company prides itself on organic growth and only promotes from within. For people who want to start out in an entry level role, with a great training program, with room for upward mobility, I would recommend ADVANTIS Global!

Cons

ADVANTIS Global is an up and coming company. The Recruiter/Account Manager role can be tough at times and requires a great work ethic. If you are someone who wants to do the same thing every day and mindlessly go through your daily motions, this is not the job for you. This company requires you to go the extra mile and work hard to reach your goals. If you are determined to be successful, have a great attitude on life, and a strong work ethic, this is definitely a company you would want to be a part of.

RSS Feed </> Embed