Advantis Global Reviews

1. Recruiter in Training

Current Employee - Recruiter In Training in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter In Training in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for! I really get a chance to stand out and also can work in a small team environment. There is a lot of encouragement from upper management to get promoted quickly! The hands on training is very helpful.

Cons

Not a huge corporation so still get the start-up feel sometimes.

2. Recruiter/Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been promoted twice within a year. I had to work hard, but like anything else in life you get out what you put in. Great opportunity with upward growth potential. Good pay, work life balance, and fun team activities like Giants games and day excursions like trips to South Lake Tahoe.

Cons

It's still in the start up phase which has its pros and cons. If you're looking for a corporate environment this probably isn't the fit. Small teams make it more like a family, if you're a Lone Ranger it's probably not your cup of tea.

Advice to Management

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

3. Recruiter

I worked at Advantis Global full-time

Pros

Excellent room for growth and a great environment to work in.

Cons

You are hired as an AM but end up being a recruiter. Just be weary.

Advice to Management

Be upfront with employees.

5. As Advertised

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with the firm for a few months and everything is advertised. Team and management is supportive and I couldn't be more thrilled to be starting my career here. I interviewed for many sales jobs but none offered the upward mobility and autonomy I can have here. Many of my friends have already left other sales jobs but I'm here to stay!

Cons

There's an average amount of attrition for the industry as far as I understand. Little tough given the friendships formed with some but the career opportunity trumps the downside of losing friends who aren't cut out for Sales.

Advice to Management

Added investment in training program is paying off - keep it going!

6. Poor follow up

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They were easy to contact and get in touch with and I received help from them for my questions and concerns.

Cons

I did not like that they never followed up with me once I finished working for Cisco. I never heard from them again for further opportunities. The rate of pay was very low and the share they took was unfair, especially for the bay area.

Advice to Management

I would say to maintain long term relationship with employees, follow up with them and offer loyalty rewards like higher pay for future projects.

7. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time

Pros

I feel like most people only go through the motions of their careers and I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work! Not only do I enjoy the people that I work with, but I enjoy what I do! I am constantly building personal and professional relationships, on a daily basis. Being a part of this company is more like being a part of a team. The amount of positive feedback you get from your teammates and upper management, makes you want to work that much harder. This company prides itself on organic growth and only promotes from within. For people who want to start out in an entry level role, with a great training program, with room for upward mobility, I would recommend ADVANTIS Global!

Cons

ADVANTIS Global is an up and coming company. The Recruiter/Account Manager role can be tough at times and requires a great work ethic. If you are someone who wants to do the same thing every day and mindlessly go through your daily motions, this is not the job for you. This company requires you to go the extra mile and work hard to reach your goals. If you are determined to be successful, have a great attitude on life, and a strong work ethic, this is definitely a company you would want to be a part of.

Do not recommend.

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time

Pros

Learn a lot about recruiting and business development.

Cons

No middle management, tons of internal politics, questionable ethical code, poor compensation, and mindless work. Employees are easily replaceable and executives care more about the business than investing in their employees.

Advice to Management

Get some.

9. I Love My Job

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with the opportunities I get every day. It is a very team oriented environment, where everyone celebrates each others wins and leans on each other during difficult situations. There is a lot of room for growth within the company for those who really want to invest in their future. Its a great combinations of fun, professionalism, and hard work. I consider myself lucky to be surrounded by people who push me everyday.

Cons

I'll admit its a difficult industry. Working with both clients and candidates is never a predictable experience, and I think its safe to say I get thrown into a new situation every day--but I dont consider that a bad thing, it keeps things interesting. It is not a job for everyone---it requires persistence and the ability to stay optimistic no matter the circumstances. Its still a relatively new company so it has it's natural growing pains. IT IS NOT a place for people who are just looking for a mundane 9-5.

Advice to Management

Possibly a more rigorous hiring process? I'm not sure how this could be done, but I have seen some people come and go who were clearly not a fit for the environment. But everyone makes mistakes--thats we get better

Absolutely awful experience

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location( The Loop)
    Good lunch options near the office.
    Coworkers hang out together outside of the office.

Cons

NO 401k benefits.
    Very LOW potential on commission in a very saturated Chicago market.
    NO formal training & a lack of leadership in the office.
    It's a very uncomfortable atmosphere when making sales calls. There is a script you MUST follow that is very robotic and not much autonomy allowed.
    It is very much a sweatshop like atmosphere with unrealistic goals set. The hours are usually 8-6, although they sell you on 8-5. It is brainless and tedious work.

Nice at first then true colors begin to show.

I worked at Advantis Global

Pros

You get the foot out of the door. If you have other offers on the table, I would chose this to be last on your list.

Cons

Advantis is a place where all young hopefuls go straight out of college. When I was working here, I felt like I was being blamed or set up as a scape goat. I felt unappreciated at times and being micromanaged. They are strict on coming in on time which is 8am. People usually leave around 6pm sadly. The job stressed me out not because of the work itself but my manager. Upper management was horrible. There was so much miscommunication and disfunction. There is a high turnover rate here. People who are recruiters can easily get to Account Manager and then they quit. I suggest you to do your homework and look who have worked here on LinkedIn. You'll see that people come and go but never really stay around. Work life balance is awful. They would work you like a horse if they could. Sometimes their work ethic is questionable as well.

Advice to Management

Think about the people working for you. Don't you want to inspire them to become better? You ask too much and give back so little in terms of career development.

RSS Feed </> Embed