Advantis Global Reviews

CEO

1. As Advertised

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've been with the firm for a few months and everything is advertised. Team and management is supportive and I couldn't be more thrilled to be starting my career here. I interviewed for many sales jobs but none offered the upward mobility and autonomy I can have here. Many of my friends have already left other sales jobs but I'm here to stay!

Cons

There's an average amount of attrition for the industry as far as I understand. Little tough given the friendships formed with some but the career opportunity trumps the downside of losing friends who aren't cut out for Sales.

Added investment in training program is paying off - keep it going!

2. Poor follow up

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advantis Global full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They were easy to contact and get in touch with and I received help from them for my questions and concerns.

Cons

I did not like that they never followed up with me once I finished working for Cisco. I never heard from them again for further opportunities. The rate of pay was very low and the share they took was unfair, especially for the bay area.

I would say to maintain long term relationship with employees, follow up with them and offer loyalty rewards like higher pay for future projects.

3. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time

Pros

I feel like most people only go through the motions of their careers and I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work! Not only do I enjoy the people that I work with, but I enjoy what I do! I am constantly building personal and professional relationships, on a daily basis. Being a part of this company is more like being a part of a team. The amount of positive feedback you get from your teammates and upper management, makes you want to work that much harder. This company prides itself on organic growth and only promotes from within. For people who want to start out in an entry level role, with a great training program, with room for upward mobility, I would recommend ADVANTIS Global!

Cons

ADVANTIS Global is an up and coming company. The Recruiter/Account Manager role can be tough at times and requires a great work ethic. If you are someone who wants to do the same thing every day and mindlessly go through your daily motions, this is not the job for you. This company requires you to go the extra mile and work hard to reach your goals. If you are determined to be successful, have a great attitude on life, and a strong work ethic, this is definitely a company you would want to be a part of.

Do not recommend.

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time

Pros

Learn a lot about recruiting and business development.

Cons

No middle management, tons of internal politics, questionable ethical code, poor compensation, and mindless work. Employees are easily replaceable and executives care more about the business than investing in their employees.

Get some.

6. I Love My Job

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with the opportunities I get every day. It is a very team oriented environment, where everyone celebrates each others wins and leans on each other during difficult situations. There is a lot of room for growth within the company for those who really want to invest in their future. Its a great combinations of fun, professionalism, and hard work. I consider myself lucky to be surrounded by people who push me everyday.

Cons

I'll admit its a difficult industry. Working with both clients and candidates is never a predictable experience, and I think its safe to say I get thrown into a new situation every day--but I dont consider that a bad thing, it keeps things interesting. It is not a job for everyone---it requires persistence and the ability to stay optimistic no matter the circumstances. Its still a relatively new company so it has it's natural growing pains. IT IS NOT a place for people who are just looking for a mundane 9-5.

Possibly a more rigorous hiring process? I'm not sure how this could be done, but I have seen some people come and go who were clearly not a fit for the environment. But everyone makes mistakes--thats we get better

7. Poor compensation, poor communication

Current Contractor - Systems Analyst (QA) in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Systems Analyst (QA) in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Advantis was very friendly and professional during all the interview's process.

Cons

I was told during the interview that the compensation was fixed, no negotiation possible nor promotion. After few months working with Advantis, I heard that all my team-workers doing exactly the same work were earning more than me. Not really fair and honest...

Treat your clients like gold and you will grow.

Absolutely awful experience

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Advantis Global full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Location( The Loop)
    Good lunch options near the office.
    Coworkers hang out together outside of the office.

Cons

NO 401k benefits.
    Very LOW potential on commission in a very saturated Chicago market.
    NO formal training & a lack of leadership in the office.
    It's a very uncomfortable atmosphere when making sales calls. There is a script you MUST follow that is very robotic and not much autonomy allowed.
    It is very much a sweatshop like atmosphere with unrealistic goals set. The hours are usually 8-6, although they sell you on 8-5. It is brainless and tedious work.

Nice at first then true colors begin to show.

I worked at Advantis Global

Pros

You get the foot out of the door. If you have other offers on the table, I would chose this to be last on your list.

Cons

Advantis is a place where all young hopefuls go straight out of college. When I was working here, I felt like I was being blamed or set up as a scape goat. I felt unappreciated at times and being micromanaged. They are strict on coming in on time which is 8am. People usually leave around 6pm sadly. The job stressed me out not because of the work itself but my manager. Upper management was horrible. There was so much miscommunication and disfunction. There is a high turnover rate here. People who are recruiters can easily get to Account Manager and then they quit. I suggest you to do your homework and look who have worked here on LinkedIn. You'll see that people come and go but never really stay around. Work life balance is awful. They would work you like a horse if they could. Sometimes their work ethic is questionable as well.

Think about the people working for you. Don't you want to inspire them to become better? You ask too much and give back so little in terms of career development.

10. Great entry level job!

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There's a lot of support, and you get a lot of help. You definitely have to work hard, but for those that are willing to work hard, the rewards are worth it.

Cons

It's a tough industry, and a tough job. I feel like I could have used a little more training when getting started, but you pick it up fast.

An increase in training would help

Only work here if you have no other choices and need experience.

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Advantis Global full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you are a recent graduate and have been looking for awhile, this place will get your foot in the door and you can gain experience. The pay is around $45000 with bonuses for each person you bring in. Also the location is right off of BART so you don't have to live in the city. Also there are lots of young people that work here so there are cool people to talk with and hangout after work.

Cons

I should have know something was up during the interviews. Very inexperienced recruiters and managers. You can tell by the questions they ask and the lack of details they provide when you ask them questions. They are pretty much just looking for anyone and could careless about your goals. The job was very simple. Search LinkedIn and Career Builder and other career websites and call as many people as you can. That was basically training. Management only cares about numbers. Don't bother asking questions just keep calling and calling. Turnover is very high. People tend to stick around for 6 months.

Treat employees like they are people and not just another number. Also more training and better ideas to recruit.