Adventist Health

Scott Reiner

great place to work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Adventist Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

care about employees, quality and patient experience. staff are involved in decision making.

Cons

it's healthcare which is crazy!

keep moving us forward and thinking about what is next

Stuck but comfortable

Current Employee - Coordinator in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Adventist Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance is great! We get out at 3:30 on Fridays and work is so easy.

Cons

Its so boring and people seam so fake like if they are in a totally different bubble. An Adventist Bubble. Its who you know I guess. No real chance of growth and leadership plays favorites. Not using staff to their potential because the older execs are set in their ways and things move like molasses.

Get out of your offices and talk to the common cubicle. Consider to grow your internal employees. Don't give all to the hospitals we want to be happy too, give some to corporate employees also. We have 1970's style cubicles. Look in being more progressive. Brand awareness goes a long long way. Listen to your consumer not just what your internal staff think, they are not your target audience. Keep God first.

Overall, great company to work for

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Hanford, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Hanford, CA

I have been working at Adventist Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Progressive, foward thinking, many hospital sites, diverse working environment

Cons

Under the aegis of a Church; less open to communications and direction than public-owned operations

Be more open and communicative of your business plan. Communicate with employees, value longevity and productivity.

If you are not Adventist, don't look for advancement.

Current Employee - Executive Assistant
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Adventist Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Social, flexible, nice co-workers, excellent pay and benefits, excellent ergonomics, excellent equipment.

Cons

Dysfunctional corporate culture, nepotism, gossip, conservative, not transparent. Prefer to hire family and church members as much as possible. Promoting unqualified individuals because they are Adventist.

Culture is too social, not enough people actually working. Look outside the box, you have talented employees who are not Adventist.

Front Desk / Charge Entry

I worked at Adventist Health full-time

Pros

Good entry level jobs available for working college students.

Cons

No room for advancement without a college degree.

Caring people-political social atmosphere

Former Employee - Psychiatric Technician in Saint Helena, CA
    Former Employee - Psychiatric Technician in Saint Helena, CA

I worked at Adventist Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Patient care is excellent. Most staff on the floor are excellent.

Cons

Leadership structure is s/w stifling.

Be careful of losing sight of the big picture. Minor issues can overshadow more important issues if feedback is not encouraged among the workers on the floor.

Mission minded

Current Employee - Enc in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Enc in Portland, OR

I have been working at Adventist Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I like the mission, I wish there was more in the training arena, for those of us who have to go out and repair the newer systems, they can be challenging. I like the time off system we have, it fits well. And the pay package is goose also, I'm really happy with the clinic leadership they know what they are doing, kudos to them. Also the clinic managers are the best ,they are easy to work with on problem solving, understanding when they have to wait sometimes.

Cons

Being the only person in my department , it gets a little difficult to get to everything I would like to in a day. Having about 30 different clinics to take care of can be challenging, and when it comes to time off, well lets just say that its better if I don't take time off , cause when I get back I'm buried . other than that its great.. keeping up with the new P.M. system is making my hair grayer. A helper would be great.....

Concerned where we are going with this new contracted facilities management co. I believe in this work and mission and only want what's best for the Hosp. system .
       Tom Russell is an awesome leader, thank you for your service...

RN for Home Health

Current Employee - RN Case Manager
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager

I have been working at Adventist Health

Pros

Great, friendly and supportive atmosphere. Flexible with times and willing to work with employees. As long as your time management skills are good you will do very well.

Cons

Obviously there's always corporate and billing demands. Quotas to be met, productivity to be accomplished. This can make the job stressful.

Network Director

Current Employee - Network Director in Hanford, CA
    Current Employee - Network Director in Hanford, CA

I have been working at Adventist Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of good and passionate people working for Adventist Health. The faith based culture is prominent and meaningful to many. Nice working environment overall

Cons

Senior leadership is very poor, and primarily reserved for members of the 7th Day Adventist Church, so advancement opportunities if you are not Adventist are virtually impossible. Many of the Senior Leaders are children of other Senior Leaders from sister hospitals and are not qualified.

Senior Leadership is completely out of touch with operational realities. They continuously espouse that their vision is to be the best place to receive care, best place to practice medicine, and best place to work but their actions do not support this. This slogan is a joke - Adventist Health quality is poor overall.

AH's Mission Statement strives to provide care to all patient's regardless of the patient's ability to pay.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Adventist Health as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent pay structure and benefits

Cons

Leadership is disorganized and should be evaluated and improved

Form a strong leadership team and standardize the processes for providing care at all AH facilities