Adventist Medical Center

Adventist Medical Center Reviews

Updated June 23, 2014
Updated June 23, 2014

CEO

Overall good place to work

I have been working at Adventist Medical Center

Pros

At my current position I am able to work flexible hours, wages are also competitive, good location, company also promotes healthy choices which is very nice.

Cons

Interview process is long, most of the time have to go thru a panel interview, health benefits for part time employees are more expensive than for full time. Communication between management and employees is poor.

Communicate to your staff, be more open. It will bring confidence to your employees and make them feel valuable.

Some stellar employees but leadership is pretty wanky from the top down.

I worked at Adventist Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They have good intentions with their mission statement. There are pockets of exemplary employees. They do offer full coverage benefits. They do have a walking trail.

Cons

Unorganized from the top down. Don't listen to ideas and concerns from employees. Always bringing in efficiency experts but don't ever make necessary changes. Cafeteria is very expensive.

Listen to your employees.

Great team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Adventist Medical Center full-time

Pros

There are a lot of amazing people working at Adventist Medical Center. The exec team really seems to have the best interest of the patients and the employees in mind.

Cons

The workload is overwhelming but that is offset by the company culture and the people that you get to work with on a daily basis.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Training was excellent

I have been working at Adventist Medical Center

Pros

They had the best equipment

Cons

The schedule was not very flexible

Great place to work

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Portland, OR

I have been working at Adventist Medical Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

Staff and fellow employees are great to work with. Everyone seems to genuinly care about patient care and quality. Love the people I work with.

Cons

Managment not very informative. Have to ask multiple times for information through phone calls and email. Some questions never answered.

Even though patient quality is our goal employees need to feel comfortable bringing up an issue, and not feel worried to ask you in fear of "bothering" you.

AMC Portland

Current Employee - Phlebotomist  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Adventist Medical Center

Pros

Great fellow employees. They've put a lot of money into improving the look of the hospital, which helps to make it a bit more pleasant to work in.

Cons

Poorly managed from top to bottom. Upper management gets its info from middle management who fails to support their employees and cares only about making themselves look good and promoting those whom they like on a personal level rather then those who are able to do the job best.

Aim higher. Recently AMC took a look at other hospitals and decided they were too good and needed to "head for the middle" - new AMC slogan, "Striving for Mediocrity."

Employees are great! Then there is the leadership or lack of.

I have been working at Adventist Medical Center

Pros

Best employees and hospitalist physicians of anywhere I have worked. You won't find more genuine people anywhere else. Lots of opportunity if you are Adventist.

Cons

Unless you are Adventist, you can only hold certain positions. Senior leadership is very out of touch with the employees. There is very little transparency between management and employees.

Employees and good managers are scared to speak up for risk of retaliation. Try removing the "Adventist only" positions and you may get more qualified employees (we know you don't post them like this, but we are all aware this is the case). Build a relationship with the employees! They can offer great ideas and save the company a lot of money if you just develop a true relationship with them. Be more open with the employees. We will respect you more if we know what is going on.

Worked for Adventist Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!