Advisory Board

www.advisory.com

Advisory Board Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Advisory Board – Chicago – “Love my work station”

Advisory Board – Chicago – “Love my work station”

Advisory Board CEO and Director Robert W. Musslewhite

Robert W. Musslewhite

Pros
  • Promotes a health work-life balance (in 23 reviews)

• Happy Hours, incentive trips, community service projects, etc (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is definitely skewed towards work rather than life (in 25 reviews)

• Horrible work-life balance and long hours (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome company to learn new stuff(if you get into the right team)

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsLot of opportunities to grow technically.
    Good pay.

ConsAs usual, politics.
    If you get into the wrong team, you might not be able to learn a lot.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Great mission, great values, great outlook, great opportunities--I hope I never leave

Senior Director (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsPeople--rare to find such driven ambitious and bright people who you like to hang out with. Love the people I work with.
    Meritocracy--they promote 30% of staff every year. If you do well, you get promoted. Not political
    Mission driven--works on trying to figure out how to help hospitals and universities function better. Hard to find outcomes more satisfying than helping those kind of organizations succeed

ConsHigh standards--if you don't perform well, it is clear quickly. Can be very tough if you can't keep pace.
    Culture not for everyone--if you don't get excited about the people and mission here, probably not the right fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep promoting from within!

Good place to start your career

Business Analyst, Senior Associate (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsEntrepreneurial flexible work culture. Great focus on work life balance. The business analyst role is a good stepping stone for a project manager role. Great time off.

ConsUnderstaffed teams, average pay. Marketing department is too aggressive to sell the products whereas technology is not well developed for few products.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst place to work for(India- chennai office)

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Chennai (India)

Pros-Many holidays(if you consider this as one.)

Cons- Bad Management, time report,cya(cover your a) policies, micromanagement
    -Too many unnecessary meetings
    -Little focus on talent development, you will get degraded over the period of time.
    - Imbalance of work across the teams, some have too much and some are free.

Advice to Senior Management-If you can't figure out why too many good employees are leaving, there is something seriously wrong with you guys.

Expert project manager with proven track record managing end-to-end projects on time and within budget, skilled in devel

ProsThe Advisory Board provides programs and services that help hospitals, doctors and nurses provide better services to patients

ConsWe seem to always lag in hiring meaning that we are perpetually short handed for major projects

Good Organization to begin your career with.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsAmazing talent of Engineers. Not Everybody Ofcourse !!
    very flexible work timings.
    Proper Work life balance.
    Decent Compensation - though the average annual hike reduced recently.
    No unnecessary pressure form anybody . Brings out the best in you.
    Lot of engineers share a passion towards technology .

ConsSalary is not normalized . A person playing higher role could have lesser pay compared to one with a lesser exp / role.
    The standard of work is no way close to the interview .
    Interview sets up very high standards thus raising the expectations but once you join the team it leads to a big disappointment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees better .
    Normalize Salary .
    Provide more career opportunities.

Happily Associate Director of Consulting here

Associate Director (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsA true meritocracy, with fast promotions for those who are willing to really put in the time and over-deliver. Time-off policies are very flexible; everyone has "PTO" rather than strict sick days vs. vacation days and they give you 25 paid days off per year, not including the generous vacation day 'give-aways': 1/2 day Fridays for all of July, July 3rd off as a thank you for completing surveys for Modern Healthcare's best places to work, January 2nd off as a firm-wide congrats for passing 2,000 employees.

Conscompensation is middle-of-the-road--not what you'd get in other consulting firms, but the firm is actively working on it firm-wide.

Great environment,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe ABC environment is great for new grads right out of college. Fun environment and people doing great work.

ConsThe entry level marketing position is pretty tiresome and filled with cold calling. Once past this role, life is great.

Did my internship here. Was a very good experience

Intern (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsThe best reason to work here as an intern is that you get to learn a lot in a variety of fields including core computer science and software engineering and developement.

ConsThe challenges of working here is that you will not know the status of your employment until you have finished your internship .

The Advisory Board is a fantastic place to work.

Director, Performance Technologies (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe people! Very smart, motivated and kind co-workers who are invested in your professional development and success! I also like that I have yet to meet someone more senior than me that I did not feel was truly deserving of their position-- upper management are all very impressive.
    Flexibility;
    Work-life balance;
    Facilities are also top notch. The laid back office culture is a definite plus!
    Rapid advancement opportunities with great career planning.

ConsThe only con is that sometimes our collaborative culture can become a little too collaborative, and it's not always clear who has authority to make decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!