Advisory Board Reviews

Reset
5.0
Advisory Board CEO and Director Robert W. Musslewhite
Robert W. Musslewhite

Pros
  • Promotes a health work-life balance (in 32 reviews)

• Many happy hours and activities/events taking place in the office (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is definitely skewed towards work rather than life (in 30 reviews)

• The Marketing Associate role has absolutely nothing to do with Marketing and is strictly Cold Calling (in 14 reviews)

Great contract employer

Current Contractor - Producer Reporter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Producer Reporter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Advisory Board as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can't say enough good things about the professional standards of the editorial and administrative staff at the Advisory Board Company. They are extremely knowledgeable about health care policy and IT. They give me a lot of independence as a contract reporter and trust my news judgment and story ideas but they are always there to offer editorial support and guidance. They are thorough when editing scripts and they always check facts -- something that’s drifted out of practice in many online publications. They always maintain a respectful and appreciative attitude towards the reporters.

Cons

They are based in Washington, D.C. so they have few staff positions in San Francisco.

Advice to Management

I would encourage more integration of video and graphics into their online stories. Though that isn't always their call.

Showing 1 of 387 review