Advocate Merchant Solutions

www.advopayment.com

Advocate Merchant Solutions Reviews

3.6

William H. Wise IV

Fast paced, high energy, work environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Advocate Merchant Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very team oriented with fun and energitic people. Good compensation with competitive salaries, generous incentives, unbeatable benefits, tranining & customer service are both top notch. There are lots of advancement possiblities in a company that is as fast growing as this one.

Cons

If you don't want to be a part of something bigger than yourself, this is not a place for you.

Lies are lies, no matter how AdvoPay packages them, RUN, don't walk away

Former Employee - Merchant Services Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Merchant Services Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Advocate Merchant Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They are nice to talk to on the phone and available if you are with a prospect but you won't get paid as advetised (sorry that last part is a con but they needed 20 words to post the Pros).

Cons

There is NO $36,000 Base Salary as posted (still is as of this writing, March, 2014) all over Career Builder. It is NOT A BASE SALARY. THERE IS NO BASE SALARY. IF YOU SELL 5 ACCOUNTS you will get your "guaranteed" $1,500 per 2 weeks (but your commissions would exceed that any way so again, NOT A BASE). Also, once in (or maybe when they are trying to recruit you), they will tell you that they pay presentations you give to your prospects. Take it from this honest business professional, you will NOT get paid on them unless THEY decide it is a presentation. I was not paid on at least 5 that I made full presentations to. Sadly it seems AdvoPay is good for merchants but folks, if they lie to their Sales Force, can you really trust them that they will not lie to your prospects or accounts? Not really. My advice is to run, don't walk. Here is more bad news. Because it is 1099, you will NOT get your state department of labor to assist you in holding them accountable to what they falsely advertised. IF THEY USE THE WORDS BASE SALARY, treat them like a BAD USED CAR SALESMAN, it is a lie. Commission ONLY just like the other Merchant companies out there.

Say what you mean, mean what you say. Quit lying to under-management or directly to prospective Sales Reps to get them in the door and then "hope and maybe even pray" they don't figure out the truth that there is NO BASE SALARY. Just be honest up front.

Dear Former Employee,

I am truly sorry for your unfortunate experience and that you feel you were given misleading information. Our sales representatives and merchants are the staple of our

Talk a good game....

Former Employee - Sales Advocate
    Former Employee - Sales Advocate

I worked at Advocate Merchant Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent merchant services sales training for new comers to the industry.

Cons

Inexperienced internal team impacts merchant boarding and customer service.

Focus on customers and sales will follow. Streamline internal follow up with reps. Hire experienced Relationship Managers.

Dear Former Employee,

I am truly sorry for your unfortunate experience. Our sales representatives and merchants are the staple of our business and we are genuinely concerned when an issue or

Terrible company

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Advocate Merchant Solutions as a contractor

Pros

There really are no pros here. This was a terrible experience and the company doesn't care about its employees, except for the ones in the corporate headquarters in Fishers, IN. And it looks like they requested their corporate employees write reviews around the 14th of May. The reviews that are all positive are completely fake and read as if it were just marketing material.

Cons

Everything. Lack of training, horrible "mentors", terrible CEO who can't run a business. They simply rely on the turnover of new sales reps to keep their income up. They could care less if you actually make it.Be sure to check if they can actually do business in your state too before you take the job.

Try running a legitimate business and actually provide the services you say you sell.

Enjoyable Company Culture

I have been working at Advocate Merchant Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Advopay has a very talented team with great enthusiasm. They will bend over backwards to help you accomplish goals. The pay is generous and they are always adding bonus pay and incentives to keep things interesting. The company does not force or ask you to sell anything that the merchant does not need. You are always looking out for the customer's best interest, and it is expected of you to look out for the customer's best interest.

Cons

Industry competitors have deceived merchants. Sales is not for everyone. You have to be disciplined and have a work ethic.

The Training was exactly what I was looking for.

Great Place To Work - Excellent Place To Grow With

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Advocate Merchant Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been involved in many different companies in various leadership roles over the years and must say that being a part of this company has been by far one of the greatest business experiences to-date. As a growth operation each individual employee and/or agent has an opportunity to greatly contribute to the success of this fast pace, growth focused environment. While maybe not suited for the unmotivated, AdvoPay continually strives for greatness from each and every employee and professional sales agent. In its current capacity, AdvoPay is setting the standard for the future in credit card processing and consultative services. As these services continue to evolve employees and professional sales agents are presented the opportunity to contribute, grow, and be a part of something unique. It goes without saying that every day I look forward to my long and prosperous future with this company.

Cons

AdvoPay provides monthly bonus incentives, ensuring the continual financial success for each motivated sales agent. AdvoPay provides ongoing training programs and support for both employees and agents, again ensuring proper knowledge & tools necessary for a successful career with the company. Furthermore, every professional field agent has direct communication from a team of highly educated, trained and knowledgeable relationship & support managers, deployment specialist and customer service agents, thus ensuring continual sales successes and prosperous financial growth. With that said the only Con would be the result of an unmotivated employee or agent not taking advantage of the multiple educational and support resources available.

Keep leading the company over the rainbow!

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Pros

unique and highly competitive compensation and benefits package
    High energy fast paced work environment

Cons

Schedule tends to be inflexible when it comes to daily hours to work

Wonderful Team Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Pros

Everyone works really hard as a team to ensure that the job gets done. Great incentives! Nice office environment. Friendly faces. People that strive to be the best at what they do. Nice to work for a company that believes in looking beyond what you are educated for and they know how to find suitable positions that fit well with their staff, Very people oriented company, Great Customer service to keep clients happy with their on going service.Fun and competitive!

Cons

If you don't like to work hard than Advopay isn't for you, there can be some long hours to maintain happy clients.

LOVE working for this company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Pros

- Fun, uplifting atmosphere
    - Everyone works together as a team
    - Great benefits
    - Awesome incentives and rewards
    - Excellent training program and ongoing support
    - Clear expectations
    - Support of personal development and continuing education
    - Opportunities for growth and advancement
    - Customer service oriented
    - Outstanding leadership team; CEO is supportive and engaged
    - Employees play a direct role in the success and growth of the company

Cons

There are no cons. AMS represents integrity, advocacy, and tenacity in an industry that is otherwise void of such.

Great Company to Work With!

I have been working at Advocate Merchant Solutions as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Everybody seems very knowledgeable about what they do. I can tell that management really takes a lot of pride in this company. Anytime I have ever needed anything there has been somebody there to help me get the correct answers. Outstanding organization.

Cons

I wish I could meet everybody in person. All the employees for this company seem to be very nice people.