Adzerk Reviews

1. Fantastic engineering focused company

Former Employee - Engineer in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Engineer in Durham, NC

I worked at Adzerk full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, great management team, clear product focus. If you're an engineer looking to work for a startup, this is a great choice. Great life/work balance for a startup.

Cons

Possibly the limited growth opportunities, but the company is so young. I'm sure that will change. There is no management, but that's probably a pro. They made me fill out this section! Great company.

2. A great company with some growing pains

I worked at Adzerk full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun culture, interesting work and customers, great benefits (insurance covers you and family 100%), foosball, snacks, game days. Smart, motivated coworkers, unlimited vacation policy, working with REDDIT! Macbooks and Mac workstations, Employee Bill of Rights and Company Values.

Cons

There's a lot of instability, as can be expected in a young startup. Frequent layoffs. Management needs to get better about communicating plans and expectations to the rest of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, but remember that your staff doesn't know all the things you know until you tell them!

Small software company with strong hacker culture.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Durham, NC

I worked at Adzerk full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Unlimited PTO, very small team size, employer provided laptop (Mac Book Pro), health insurance benefits, huge monitors, engaged and intelligent co-workers, technically savvy CEO.

Cons

Located in Durham, unclear work/life separation, uncompetitive pay scale, blogging required, management team not interested in employee insights/opinions, world's crappiest internet connections.

Amazing

I have been working at Adzerk

Pros

This company respects hard work and talent. I have loved just about every minute of my time here and can't wait for every other future day.

Cons

There really aren't a lot of cons other than not having windows because we are in the American Underground. But it definitely keeps you focused and without as many distractions like amazing weather ;)