Aegis Living
www.aegisliving.com Redmond, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Aegis Living Reviews

Updated Mar 3, 2014

Dwayne Clark

Pros:
  • "Aegis is made up of a family of co-workers making life better for each other, residents and families"
    in 6 reviews
  • "The work environment is such a positive experience"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "It's a lot of responsibility to provide the best care and service for seniors which requires having enough employees to give their 100% every day"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Their more distant properties from the home base in Seattle don't reap the rewards of having access to upper management"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Pushing the envelope in senior living options

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWhile the volume of growth is unanticipated and exciting, the people at the control panel have a great balance of conservative and edge-of-the-envelope enthusiasm so the risk of having to pull back and retrench is heavily mitiaged

ConsSometimes we are too busy to handle all we have going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be cutting back on employee empowerment when you should be tuning it up.

A challenging and rewarding experience!

Finance Intern (Former Employee)
Redmond, WA

I worked at Aegis Living as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe company culture is second to none. The senior staff has implemented an employee-first culture which makes all employees feel that their ideas and opinions are values ( which they are at Aegis). I worked in the finance department specifically and was blown away by the professionalism of the entire finance and accounting staff. At the corporate office each employee is working hard to provide the best living experience for all of the Aegis Residents. It would be a privilege to work with those folks again.

I was able to spend limited time at a few of the communities around the Seattle area. The staff at each community was very warm and welcoming and it was always wonderful to talk with the residents. The people who work directly with the residents are truly making the laster chapter of their lives a great one.

ConsThe downside of my position was that I was at the corporate office, so I did not get to interact with our residents very frequently. The company offers "field days" were employees from corporate go and work at one of the many communities in the area. This is a great way to gain exposure to the duties the care staff preforms. It is also a great break from the office!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the Aegis culture strong. As the personnel in senior management shifts, be sure to maintain the teachings and values that are instilled in ACE Training.

Amazing organization!

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than a year

ProsI truly love coming to work everyday, the entire team really care about each other and all share a common interest in making our residents lives the best they can be. I never dread Monday morning, I welcome it with a smile.

ConsThere are none that I can think of at the moment, Aegis is really great about being an innovator of new business practices.

Flag Review

Aegis Living Director of Marketing responded to this review

Oct 30, 2013

The people like you are what truly what make the difference.

Great loving and caring compassionate employees with big smiles who love their job and treat everyone like Family.

Neighborhood Director (Current Employee)
Kent, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWe all work together our care managers the nurses the cooks the directors we are all ONE team.

ConsI can't think of any down sides here of Aegis of Kent.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being great and helpful because of you our care managers are happy and love their jobs stay wounderful.

I have been working for Aegis for right around 3 years.

Lead Concierge (Current Employee)
Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI absolutely love coming to work. The thought of being able to spend my day with the kindest residents really makes me excited to come to work everyday. Aegis is an amazing company to work for; The love and care that they give to not only the residents, but the staff. I couldn't pick a better place to work. I once was a caregiver, moved up to resident services director, and now lead concierge. I hope to be a general manager one day!

ConsI truly cannot find anything that I am unhappy about.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work on making this compnay so successful!

Flag Review

Aegis Living Director of Marketing responded to this review

Oct 30, 2013

We would love to hire more dedicated and passionate people like you – please tell your friends to apply.

Outstanding company to work with

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than a year

ProsOn a personal level Aegis is the most intensively challenging and immensely rewarding companies I have ever worked for. They provide many opportunities for personal growth and celebrate success both small and large, providing direct feedback and input from all levels of the company any from peers to the CEO. I haven't regretted my decision to become a member of his team even once.

ConsI wouldn't change anything. I have and would recommend working with Aegis to anyone I know.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat company, great culture.

A truly supportive company that inspires you to be your best!

Carmichael, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than 8 years

ProsAegis has been the most amazing company that I have worked for. There is so much support and so many brilliant people to work with. I feel blessed to have found a company that embraces culture and employee appreciation the way that Aegis does.

ConsI have worked here for 8 years an dyet to find any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! You all are amazing and make our lives in the communities much better!

Love Going to Work

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAegis is made up of a family of co-workers making life better for each other, residents and families. It's a pleasure to go to work every day. The most fulfilling job I have had.

ConsIt's a lot of responsibility to provide the best care and service for seniors which requires having enough employees to give their 100% every day. The most challenging job I have had.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your best to ensure impeccable hiring of community staff and hold leadership accountable.

Best Company I have ever worked for

Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than a year

ProsHome office support to the field is second to none. The CEO has created and maintained a culture of excellence that is evident in the high quality of care we provide to our residents. I am very proud to be a part of this team.

ConsI have been completely satisfied thus far. This company is very transparent with their expectations and strategies for future growth. There are no secrets, and I appreciate that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing...inspiring us to bring our "A-game" every day.

There really is a company in today's world that walks the talk.

Manager (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreatness is an expectation. That greatness isn't just measured by the how you do your job, it's also measured by how you treat others. I love the fact that being positive, supportive, and kind is a huge part of the expectation. It really makes for a healthy, productive and forward-thinking work environment. Aegis is a very sophisticated, entrepreneurial, caring and business savvy company...like no other. Make no mistake, though, that the company requires people to do their jobs, run their departments, and operate their businesses exceptionally. I cannot recommend Aegis more highly to someone who can drive value through services, is charismatic, is diplomatic and empathetic, and connects with people on a real and sincere level.

ConsWhat you do at Aegis feeds the soul so effectively that one can tend to spend a lot of time at work. If you can balance that, and can become more self-actualized by it, then it really isn't a con at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever let the recipe be diluted!

Worked for Aegis Living? Contribute to the Community!

Aegis Living Videos

Aegis Living – Why Work for Us?

With 30 senior housing communities in three states, it is our great privilege to share in the lives of our residents, and we’re honored to learn the wisdom each person has developed over a lifetime. As a leader in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aegis Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark. All 77 reviews posted anonymously by Aegis Living employees.